Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
PrinceofcatS

Flower Moon 2017

A toxic interpretation: lily of the valley threaded with fly agaric spores, castor flower accord, hemlock bark, crushed belladonna berries, a cascade of wisteria, white oleander, and opium tar.

Please note: this perfume does not contain any toxic or poisonous plants. The description is poetic, not literal. The scent is fantastic, but it will not literally knock you dead.

I want to love this, but it smells in the bottle and on the skin like this past Halloween's The Haunted Beach gone way off. A bready salt note that in this case gives way to a cacophany of strange scents that might be like fungi but not in a great way. I only get a little floral from this, and it's not a good one, or even very strong - strange to me since wisteria, at least, tends to beat other notes into submission on me. I really hope this changes, but it hasn't so far.

This reminds me of A Pale and Glimmering Light from last year's halloweenies, and I think it's because this is mainly oleander on me. So it's rather sharp at first, but mellows out after a while. There is a berry-like sweetness to it and something almost citrusy, but I do think that's just the oleander too. I am not getting much wisteria, which is good, because that rarely works on me.

I got a compliment on this today, so I think it works well on me. But it's also a decidedly unique kind of scent, so it's not for everybody, I imagine. But if you like oleander, or you're curious about smelling like a poisonous garden, you should give this a try :)

Lilies, oleandar, a whiff of belladonna, wisteria, darkened by opium tar. This is a bouquet of poison flowers. It smells good, and narcotic, but you can't escape the darkness underneath. Good throw, and good wear length.

Soapy, sharp, perfumey white floral with an undertone of artificial, screechy, tart berries. Reminds me of a Bath & Body Works fruity-floral. Goes all wrong on my skin...