PrinceofcatS

a little too imp-ulsive

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Nothing Selected
  • Scorpio
  • Nothing Selected

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:18 PM

A toxic interpretation: lily of the valley threaded with fly agaric spores, castor flower accord, hemlock bark, crushed belladonna berries, a cascade of wisteria, white oleander, and opium tar.

Please note: this perfume does not contain any toxic or poisonous plants. The description is poetic, not literal. The scent is fantastic, but it will not literally knock you dead.

I want to love this, but it smells in the bottle and on the skin like this past Halloween's The Haunted Beach gone way off. A bready salt note that in this case gives way to a cacophany of strange scents that might be like fungi but not in a great way. I only get a little floral from this, and it's not a good one, or even very strong - strange to me since wisteria, at least, tends to beat other notes into submission on me. I really hope this changes, but it hasn't so far.

#2 Aviatrix

Aviatrix

must be 5mL to ride

• Members
  • 6,766 posts
  • Mood:pinastri
  • SotD:The Waltz
  • Tiger
  • Capricorn
  • Denmark

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:46 PM

This reminds me of A Pale and Glimmering Light from last year's halloweenies, and I think it's because this is mainly oleander on me. So it's rather sharp at first, but mellows out after a while. There is a berry-like sweetness to it and something almost citrusy, but I do think that's just the oleander too. I am not getting much wisteria, which is good, because that rarely works on me.

I got a compliment on this today, so I think it works well on me. But it's also a decidedly unique kind of scent, so it's not for everybody, I imagine. But if you like oleander, or you're curious about smelling like a poisonous garden, you should give this a try :)

#3 zankoku_zen

zankoku_zen

The MacGyver of BPAL

• Members
  • 12,956 posts
  • Mood:BPAL Beast Mode
  • SotD:Permanently TALed UP
  • Ram
  • Sagittarius
  • United States

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

Lilies, oleandar, a whiff of belladonna, wisteria, darkened by opium tar. This is a bouquet of poison flowers. It smells good, and narcotic, but you can't escape the darkness underneath. Good throw, and good wear length.

#4 Little Bird

Little Bird

lunacy bin resident

• Barred from swapping
  • 18,684 posts
  • Nothing Selected
  • Nothing Selected
  • Nothing Selected

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:42 PM

Soapy, sharp, perfumey white floral with an undertone of artificial, screechy, tart berries.  Reminds me of a Bath & Body Works fruity-floral.  Goes all wrong on my skin...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users