Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Mountain laurel petals limned in pale pink settling among boughs of hemlock, soft mosses, and dark lichens.

This is a floral scent overall, but one that entwines itself in a grey, moss covered cemetery after a storm. I get the velvety moss, earthy lichens, something floral and illuminating hemlock. Just after application, it is extraordinarily fragrant. A blossom that is lovely to look at, but if you sink your nose deeply into it, you might get light headed and woozy.

It settles down quickly and
I am enveloped in delicious bitterness. The separate notes entangling themselves into a velvet, dry floral mixed with an equal measure of swampy moss. Soft plodding through a crumbling cemetery of heavy, leaning branches, with forgotten flowers left behind on muddy, gravestones black from mold and rain.

Darkly atmospheric, elegant yet moody, I can't help but think of torn and tattered lace dresses, wilted flower crowns, and dreams of marbled gloom outlined with silvered-pink edges.

Edited by Jenjin

34_BG_Pwnds-183x300.jpg76_BG_Ppent-183x300.jpg43_BG_6cups-183x300.jpg

this has a pretty innocence to it, but with something a little bit...macabre? :wink: ...underneath. sort of like how in those 70's horror movies, they use children's voices in the soundtrack.

slightly sweet pale floral notes (no specific flowers are standing out) over a big blast of fuzzy moss. I can see some folks rocking this in utter delight, finding it to be feminine and sophisticated perfume, while others will lament it smells like a fancy toiletry. blame my libra moon, but I get both in equal measure.

eta this is in the same family as esbat (a lighter, less patch-heavy hm scent) or closer to the dark del cemeteries than to the previous deeeeeep darrrrrrrrk hm graveyard scents from last year)

Edited by annemathematics

Luarel, hemlock, mosses, and dark greens. Masculine aquatic. It smells dark, gloomy and green. And would fit really well into the Arkham line.

Wet: Dirt and greenery. Gloomy and damp, melancholy. Pretty though. There's something slightly floral coming through that I am enjoying. Reminds me a tad of Penny Dreadful, actually, but less sweet.

Dry: I like it quite a bit. It has a lot of earth in it, a note I quite like. It reminds me a bit of Zombi, with the earth and moss combo. There is something sweet and maybe slightly floral? I don't really know what Laurel smells like? Anyway, I will very much enjoy wearing this outdoors this summer.

I thought this might have the smell I associate with the Mountain Laurel trees here in Texas, which are similar to grape soda. It doesn't smell like that all. It's more floral, and something sharp to my nose. Perhaps the hemlock? It does come down in sharpness, but it's still a note I find headache-inducing. A green floral. Not for me.

This is very pretty. I am definitely getting the aquatic property someone mentioned earlier. There is not one specific floral note that I can pick out, but it starts out as a very fresh bouquet. Very feminine to me, as I usually wear patchouli forward fragrances these days. My sister said "it smells expensive" after smelling it in the vial. It settles on the skin very quickly, and then the moss comes forward.

There is an earthiness in here that makes it wearable for me, but more like a spring or summer scent. Maybe I will try mixing this with something else to bring it more to the macabre side. This may sound strange, but it is almost too "cheerful" for me. I won't be buying a bottle, but I would reccomend this to anyone that likes florals.

Edited by Madame Mew

Went back to some of my older boxes, and found that one of my boxes had some untried scents from almost 2 years ago! Pulled out my new to me bottle of this. My, this is a nice one. In the bottle: Damp earth, moss, mossy greeness. On, wet: Fresher, more resinous greens pop up, along with grass notes. Drydown: A really gorgeous gentle, light green with a few pops of slightly darker botanicals.

During lockdown, I spent many weekends walking to and around Laurel Hill Cemetery. Most of the time, I was the only living person there, threading through gravestones and taking a shaded rest next to massive trees. My scent memory is of freshly mown grass, wet stone, early spring azaleas, and car exhaust.

This perfume doesn't smell like my memory, (which is fine by me). However, it can evoke the mood of the cemetery's older mausoleums. They line a winding path dug into a slope of the hill and seem to always be a bit damp. Small trees and bushes (including mountain laurel, if I recall correctly) overhang them. This perfume sets the scene with a misty spring air quality that reminds me a bit of Apres l'Ondee by Guerlain. It opens with floral notes that briefly become a bit soapy, but in a pleasant way, and some green notes smooth then out. I cannot recognize the florals, but they are soft and earthy, not bright and sweet. This perfume fades into the background, hangs close to the skin with a scent like rain on a spring-green woody shrub. I'm not trying to wax poetic; I honestly don't know how else to describe this. 

Gentle, soft, comforting, clean. I particularly like the way it smells on my clothes. I see myself wearing this a lot on cold mornings and to work.