Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Chocolate and caramel with flecks of cacao bean and toasted tonka.

Of the three I ordered, this was the one I was most anxious to get, in case I need a backup bottle!

In The Bottle: Oh my YES- delicious cacao (similar to my beloved Cacao Pod! YAY!), a touch of the caramel and some of the tonka acting as a nice balance.

Wet On Skin: There's a nice "Dryness" emerging, more like the straight cacao bean, less like refined chocolate. I like it, and hope it keeps going in that direction, because even as a chocolate, it seems to be heading less toward foodie and more toward a sweet dry scent, something that can maybe be layered with sandalwood, for instance.

Dry Down: This is WONDERFUL. It's all dry cacao and toasted tonic bean, which here is reading as sort of a dry, rich vanilla bean. It's a "grownup" kind of food scent. Sweet without being sugary or cloying and extremely wearable. I've been favoring chocolate scents lately and this is a fantastic addition.

Definitely going to need that backup bottle! ;)

Chocolate note lovers - This is adorable! Milk or semi sweet chocolate caramel with a bit of nuttiness from the tonka.

There might be a hint of coffee in here as well? Chocolate drink or a chocolate bar?

I'm not quite sure but it's so much fun and delicious.

A definite chocolate note collectors item.

Just got mine...fresh from the mailbox!!

In the bottle...sniffing, a pure dry chocolate scent. Very nice. However, in my bottle, there are globs of dark things that are sticking to the sides. Must be the chocolate?I had to shake it real hard and it helped a little, but there are still globs sticking to the sides and bottom. Anyone else?

On skin - as stated, it is a grown up, dry cacao I get from this. I don't get much of anything else from it. I don't detect caramel, and I am not sure what tonka is supposed to smell like, but could that be making it seem dry?

It is very nice....it is a pure dry cocoa to me. Has a good throw. If you are a choco lover, you will like this one!

Edited by Numanoid

Chocolate, chocolate, CHOCOLATE! This is (to my nose) the same chocolate note in my beloved Sue's Great Old Puppet Show. I don't get any of the caramel or tonka, just chocolate, delicious and rich chocolate. No morphing with this one, it smells the same and just as delicious on my skin as it does in the bottle.

Ohhhh goodness. This somehow manages to smell both like chocolate-hazelnut and mocha all at once. There's a tiny thread of caramel in there, too, but mostly it feels like a rich, multifaceted chocolate. The lab does chocolate so beautifully, and this is so foodie it actually smells like the real thing. I'll definitely be getting a bottle or two!

A really excellent single-note thick cocoa, almost like drinking liquid chocolate. Fades alarmingly fast with the dry-down. No other notes — no caramel, no tonka.

On balance, I am probably relieved that I am not in desperate need of a bottle of something called "Rubber Poop." I have a hard enough time justifying my stash. :D

Edited by Soupy Twist

Liquid chocolate. This reminds me to a sweeter version of Cacao Pod, but with the lusciousness of Lump of Coal. This one is a fudgey brownie chocolate. Good throw and wear length.

When I first put this on, it reminded me of The Other Hot Chocolate (cocoa and marshmallows, I thought), so I put that on my other arm to death match them. Directly compared, The Other Hot Chocolate is darker and more chocolatey, where Rubber Poop is sweeter and has a noticeable, warm, intensely sweet caramel and vanilla tone to it. As it dries down, I actually don't get chocolate at all, and this smells more like a sweet, perfumey, creamy vanilla sugar and caramel scent on my skin. Toasty warm and a bit cloying on me. Reminds me of Bath & Body Works' Warm Vanilla Sugar, but with super-sweet caramel added in.
I'm amazed that other reviewers are getting nothing but chocolate, because the chocolate is short-lived on me and I get a lot more of the vanilla-caramel notes...

My friend and I both tried this at the DSWC and found it to be wonderful, yummy milk chocolate and caramel. :) But not ten or so minutes later, it was fading fast on both of us. In half an hour it was gone from both of us. I tried it later in a different spot, and the same thing happened. :frustrated: :cry2: :huh:

Caramel is at the front of this.I'm happily surprised it doesn't go cloying or super buttery on me. I see the wee gobs of cacao floating in the imp. Supporting the caramel is sweet decadent chocolate, not powdery or fake, and not super dark either. This needs to be redone as a chocolate truffle. It'[s a keeper for a foodie lover.

I've tried it on a few times since and have found:

Wet: It smells like chicos (which is a chocolate flavoured jelly candy in Australia). I also had a good glob of cocoa on me for this test.

Dry: Like chocolate, but becomes more and more like plastic chocolate. For some reason it just doesn't wear as well on me anymore.

Overall: In comparison to Bliss, this one seems to be more plastic but it is a good version of Rubber Poop.

Edited by follis
Updated

Another marvelous BPAL chocolate blend! You can see the cocoa globules in the imp, but this is not as dark and dry a chocolate as some I've tried. I'd call it maybe a 55% dark chocolate, not a 70 or 50%. Sweet, warm and comforting, with the almost nutty golden tonka and caramel becoming more prominent as the chocolate wanes a bit. I got good wear length from this, but my imp has had a year or so to age. Delicious!

This smells like delicious tootsie rolls with some Tonka. I dont get much caramel but thats ok. Its a yummy chocolate scent! Its hilarious too. I love the label. Low throw and not much staying power. 💩

Edited by vanilla323

In the decant: Chocolate. At first, it's all gooey like brownies right out of the oven, but then I get a little of the cacao dryness.

On my skin:

Wet, it's exactly the best (non-spiced) hot chocolate you ever had, rich and creamy. As it develops, maybe just a touch of caramel, but it's so little that I could be imagining it.