Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
mari4212

Accursed Casca

It was Casca who gave him the first blow with his dagger, in the neck, not a mortal wound, nor even a deep one, for which he was too much confused, as was natural at the beginning of a deed of great daring; so that Caesar turned about, grasped the knife, and held it fast. At almost the same instant both cried out, the smitten man in Latin: Accursed Casca, what does thou?
Plutarch

The shattered, splintering gasp of betrayal: ambergris, verbena, neroli, and a glint of razor-sharp elemi.

Wet on skin: Lemon is the most prominent note, a very straight lemon that doesn't go cleaning supplies or super foodie. That's probably the verbena, possibly also the neroli and elemi giving more citrus notes.

Initial drydown; lemon is still most prominent, but there's something else smoothing out the undertones; the ambergris is coming out a bit more and adding some depth and almost creaminess to the scent.

After an hour or two: the ambergris has taken center stage, and what a lovely stage it is. This stays a light and sweet skin-scent throughout, without much wafting. It's very similar at this stage to Lyonesse, with just a hint of the citrus remaining.

surprise winner from this update for me!

something here reminds me of Lush/B-Never's Vanillary a little bit. and what was that last scent that B Never made before they went away? Keep It Fluffy? no, Superworld Unknown? maybe? this is a unisex, slightly more masculine-feeling counterpart to that. way not what i was expecting.

i know this isn't much in the way of a review, and i'll try to remember to update this the next time i wear it.

I love it. Love it, love it , love it.

It reminds me very much of gorgeous Boadecea, mixed with Heroine, but with a forward whisper of men's aftershave.

This is soft, languid, citrusy verbena, and creamy ambergris. The neroli and other notes may be giving that aftershave whisp of elegant, masculine roundness to it.

This doesn't morph much at all on my skin, and stays beautiful and true on the dry down.

This is a top ten scent for me, and we'll see if it edges out Boadecea.

Sultry, airy chic, and exotic.... my favorite thing. <3

Starts off as strong, soapy lemons and, after about a half hour, is sweeter lemon with a backdrop of ambergris, which always reminds me of a slightly spicy, slightly powdery, amber cologne with a smooth, aquatic finish. The soapiness backs off over time and it's ambergris cologne with a hint of sweet lemon.
Rather light, but pleasant, reminding me of a clean amber cologne.

Lemon, ambergris, and a touch of elemi. This smells like a fresh, citrus cologne. I'd probably want to track more of this down if it didn't disappear on my skin after three hours. However, utterly delightful.