Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

The Poem of the Pillow Bath Oil

White coconut and Italian bergamot.

This has a fun tropical feel from the coconut, the bergamot is VERY light and gives it the slightest kiss of citrus squirt. The coconut is dry and not heavy at all and a perfect foundation scent for layering other notes on top of. I'm so happy to have a beautiful, fresh coconut dreamsicle for the warm months ahead. Poem Pillow turns my bath into a relaxing and dreamy oasis. Edited by Jenjin

This is amazing, and I am immediately kicking myself for getting a decant instead of 12 bottles. I was afraid of the bergamot - I ADORE the combo of coconut and citrus, but BPAL citrus doesn't work with my skin chem. Apparently it does in bath oil format. This smells like summer in a bottle - like the beach, hot days, sunshine, and everything that's good in the world. It will go perfectly with my millions of coconut perfumes. I do wish it was stronger and longer lasting, but I adore it anyway, and will buy more so I can slather it all over me.

I tried The Poem of the Pillow several different ways, and while it is delightful in its own way, I'm glad I only got a decant.

In the bath, poured into water: Coconut comes out swinging but is gone in an instant. Vague citrus hands around.

In the bath, applied to skin: Again, coconut doesn't stick around long, but at least the bergamot is identifiable for what it is and it lingers.

As a moisturizer after a bath: The best moments of this BO are in application to warm, damp skin. It smells like expensive tanning oil, very much like cracked coconut with a kiss of citrus. But then the coconut wears away, and this just smells like old oranges.

Applied to skin as a moisturizer, this smells like a classy/more sophisticated version of a dreamsicle, with the bergamot providing the citrus and the creamy coconut substituting for the vanilla. It's a gentle, soft scent, not the giant cloud of scent around me that bath oil applied straight to the skin can sometimes be.

I use this as a moisturizer. I think it smells pretty dreamy -- like coconut-creamsicle clouds.

Lovely warm-weather scent.

Cheap, artificial, oily, suntan lotion type coconut with tart, lemony bergamot. After a while, it settles into more of a soft coconut milk with even less bergamot. I use the bath oils the same as regular perfume oils, but this one fades very quickly. Light and too much into suntan lotion territory for me.

Ugh, I love coconut and my only wish is that I'd stocked up on The Poem of the Pillow. The coconut and bergamot together is so simple and so lovely—coconut-forward on my skin but the bergamot definitely tempers it for the first hour or so. Foodie but also very wearable for me, and makes a fantastic summer scent. Vacation in a bottle!

On me, this was all about the coconut, with no bergamot, but perhaps that is due to the age of the bath oil and citrus notes diminishing over time. I did not think it was a foodie coconut, though, and more of a beach-y one.

I'm not big on coconut, so this isn't for me, but it was fun to get to try it (especially since there's been very few BPTP products as of late).