Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Amoraexcena

An Exercise for Healthier Living Atmosphere Spray

Tonka absolute, ylang ylang, benzoin, and smoked vanilla musk.

This is an extremely richly sweet scent. I was hoping for something a little more mild, but this is full-on, BPAL-strength smoke-heavy vanilla-musk and ylang ylang. It's sexy and sultry and bordering on cloying. Subtlety isn't the specialty here.

It's kind of what I imagine Ted and Beth's bedroom to smell like, actually... If it had a bit more dark incense or something.

If you like "classic" BPAL heavy-sweet vanilla, don't let this pass you by. If you want anything lighter, this is not for you.

I completely agree with Amoraexcena -- this is a heavy, smoky, incense-y rich vanilla. There is something very "goth bedroom" about it. If that's your sort of thing, or if you loved Black Vanilla and Cardamom Hair Gloss, you will be all over this.

I'm just putting this out there but I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! Not even sure I can put it into words, but this is one of those epic LUPER scents that you want to smell ALL THE TIME! I can't stop spraying everything in my house with this and then spray it into the air and run through it giggling because it's so gooooood. Imagine all the best vanilla's Beth and Puddin have ever made. Like a beautiful baby of ALL THEIR BEST nillas inside this little dark bottle that you can SPRAY and make all things smell this way.
Not a foody vanilla, the ambergris is dark and resinous as the ylang-ylang drifts through all wispy and erotic. Makes me want to amp up my "exercise" habits in the bedroom and hang from chandeliers :dance:

This is GORGEOUS. All about the Tonka and vanilla, with hints of ylang ylang. It's just on the edge of gourmand, but the floral keeps it from going there all the way. I should get a full bottle. I was looking for something for spring, and this'll do it! I kind of want my house to smell like this all the time.

An Exercise is a heavy, sweet vanilla with slight powdery tones and an elegant, perfumey quality from the ylang ylang and musk. The smokiness smells like whiffs of dry, warm incense to me. It reminds me of Arcana's Vanilla Craves Terror just a bit, but this is more perfumey/musky with a floral edge. I like this, because I'm a vanilla fanatic and can actually smell it in this blend.

I wish I could take a bath in my bottle of this stuff (mmmmm, bath oil? please??) 3 sprays of this in my living room and I am floating on a rich vanilla cloud. The tonka and vanilla are at the forefront of this, and the ylang ylang and smokiness of the vanilla keep it from going full on foodie. It's deep and sexy and sinful. And the label art spectacular. I need to get another bottle or two before the luppers come down!

Rich, smoky vanilla and tonka. I can see why people really enjoy this. It's a very subtle, sophisticated foodie vanilla type.