Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
SadariEvenstar

Diligent Instruction for the Bridal Night

Sugar dusted strawberries and mallow blossoms.

My first two thoughts upon putting this on were, "This smells like the milk left over after eating a bowl of cereal. Or maybe strawberry milk!" It settles into something less childish fairly quickly.

I have a few strawberry scents that like from bpal, but none that I love yet. I love this one. It's gentle strawberry and sweet milky marshmallow with just a touch of something perfumey. It's strawberry Stekkjarstaur.

Completely agree- Strawberry Stekk. But wow! Strawberry just kinda Leroy Jenkins in, and there's a little Stekk dying there at the end. Really really fun. This is my little pony candy crazy pink. Luv

I can't tell if it's because this is mallow blossom rather than mallow root, or because of the sugar, but this reads a bit different (sharper?) than Stekk for me. Instead, it's a sweet strawberry marshmallow that reminds me a lot of Plastic Pink Flamingo. I find it softer and more wearable than PPF, though, and I'm definitely hanging on to my bottle!

This is FRESH from the post, I may have to come back and edit this post once it's rested a bit.

From the bottle I get strong strawberry, nothing else, it kind of smells like those Japanese hard candies. Sweet and sharply strawberry.

On the skin it mellows out pretty quickly, the tart strawberry fades away and I have a light strawberry mallow. It's overall quite light and it's been two hours and I can barely smell it at this point.

Hopefully it'll come back and still a mellow mallow, but I'm not hopeful.

This is great if you love strawberries!

Strawberry BLAST at the beginning. The mallow blossom almost gives this strawberry a "fizzy" quality. After dry down, i'm also getting hit with the dreaded plastic note, but hopefully with a bit of aging, this will fade. I can see strawberry lovers hoarding this one, but if you're looking for Stekk, this isn't it. Mallow blossom is quite different than marshmallow root on me. I'm jealous of anyone getting creamy marshmallow :cry2:

Edited by Jenjin

This is a huge blast of strawberry and I love it! The first few minutes are a little overpowering on the strawberry, but it swiftly mellows to something creamy and fluffy and sweet. If Round Dance and Stekk were mixed together, this is what I imagine it would smell like. This smells like an expensive milkshake from a gourmet ice cream shop. I need a backup! This may be my favorite strawberry perfume ever.

In the Bottle: the strawberry is sharp, fresh and juicy. It reminds me of the Strawberry note from 2012's Strawberry Moon, without the tart green dribble of dandelion sap. The sugar is there, too, but it's definitely light and it's definitely a powder variety.

Wet On Skin: The sugar has gained in strength a little, but the strawberry is still the prize. I don't honestly get the Stekk comparison. I love Stekk, don't get me wrong, but I just don't find it here. At least not at this stage.

Dry Down: The powdered sugar and the mallow have joined to soften and smooth out the Strawberry. It's still sweet and delicious, though it's lost a little of its juice. but that's okay because it's gained a more well-rounded scent. I think this will be a heavy-rotation oil for Spring!

In the bottle: strawberry milk

Wet: some fresh strawberry, sugar, and a lot fluffy mallow

Dry: The strawberry all but disappears, and it's thick, fluffy mallow nearly identical to Stekk on me. A yummy springtime mallow, with the barest touch of fruit.

I get the exact same thing as roseus.

In the beginning it's fresh strawberry with a little bit of sugar. Completely dried it's plain out strawberry Stekkjarstaur and I am swooning. It's perfect for Spring and it has the same gorgeous airiness that we all love from good scents with mallow.

:)

I'm glad I didn't blind bottle Diligent Instruction for the Bridal Night. I'm not sure if my skin just amps the Lab's strawberry note, but this was all sharp, tart strawberry on me without the mallow blossoms. I was hoping for something more along the lines of the Enveloped in Silk Hair Gloss, but in perfume form. Something creamier and softer. The strawberry in this reminds me of the one in The Small Harem, which I already own, so I'm not too disappointed.

Bright, sharp strawberries rolling around on a mallow pillow.

This is sharper than I expected. It smells kind of like the sharp bergamot from I Too Beneath Your Moon, or maybe a petitgrain like in Road to Versailles -- something like that blended into the strawberry. I dig this sort of sharpness sometimes, and love strawberries, so this is a sweet spot. Speaking of sweet, I pick up the sugar, but it's not as powdered sugar on me as I feared it would be.

The sharpness fades out like a top note as this dries, leaving a soft strawberry-mallow mix. This isn't a fluffy-sticky-candy mallow for me, so I can see how it's a blossom. Regardless, it makes me think of a fluffy scented pillow I'd like to lie on.

Strawberry milk! Pretty, cute, pastel pink fluff!

It stays pretty solidly and softly in that scent nature.

I always think I need a strawberry candy blend. I never do- they just don't last on me. But very pretty for those it does! I think I need a violently strong strawberry >:)

Edited by Bassmastadroog

Strawberry is so iffy (it's either glorious real fresh berries, or plastic) but I could not resist that mallow!

Wet: Reminds me of those creamy strawberry candies. Yum. There's something underneath that's hard to place - it's like an earthy caramel, if that makes any sense whatsoever. This is extremely pleasant.

Dry: Really lovely - fresh berries and a gentle creamy note. Doesn't really smell like marshmallow to me, but still yummy. Not sure I would wear it, but glad to have tried it, it's so nice.

Strawberry Moon is one of my favorite BPALs to wear in spring, so I was curious if this would be a similarly "juicy", fresh strawberry note. It is, but it is unbelievably sweet and strong due to the addition of a big, fluffy marshmallow note. It puts me in mind of my Strawberry Shortcake doll from childhood in the '80s, or Frankenberry cereal--a childlike scent, despite the name; a great one for a little girl if you changed the label! I'll use my decant this summer, but it reads way too young on me to need a bottle.

I get a very similar scent to Battle Fairy in Training, but with a marshmallow rather than mint undertone. Both are very strong on the strawberry, which is more of a candy strawberry than actual strawberry.

I don't know what's wrong with my skin chemistry, because I did not get any of the above. Diligent Instruction for the Bridal Night, on me, is strawberry-flavored... popcorn. Who knew?

Purchased for its Stekk acclaim, Diligent Instruction made me very, very sad. In the bottle it smells like it would absolutely rival Stekk---with a bonus of strawberries! Wet, I get strawberry milk, like someone said above. After that, as it begins to dry, something goes terribly wrong. It begins to get salty... and buttery... and popcorn-y. And that's where it stays from there on out.

I don't mind popcorn. I really don't. But I don't like strawberry popcorn. :(

Such high hopes have been dashed with this bottle! Off to swaps!

I had such high hopes for this one! I love strawberry and Strawberry Moon is one of my favorite bpals!

Unfortunately this was a foody perfume in the bad kind of foody way. The strawberry note was very artificial and sickeningly sweet to me.

In the decant: It smells like strawberry cereal and milk. Very sugary and very artificial.

On the skin: Overwhelming and strong strawberry and cream. Very strong throw.

I never got the marshmallow from the mallow blossoms, and I think that is because mallow blossoms have nothing to do with marshmallow root. It did not remind me of Stekk or any marshmallow-like bpal scent at all. If this scent was sugar-dusted strawberries and marshmallow, I think it would have had more of a Stekk vibe. If you are a big fan of foody scents, I would probably say try a decant of this! I do not wear foody scents besides marshmallow or chocolate based bpal (marshmallow pumpkin, Stekk, A Breathless Chuckle, Boo, Bliss, etc.). If you are looking for a more realistic, juicy, ripe strawberry scent, I would suggest Kamisuki hair gloss or Strawberry Moon! If you are looking for a sugary foody strawberry scent, try this one! It may work for you!

This smells like Bath & Body Works, but in a good way. It smells like B&BW from 18 years ago and not their newer stuff that's all crammed full of bad, cheap synthetic musk notes.

First on, Diligent Instruction reminded me of the original B&BW Sun Ripened Raspberry lotion, and the drydown smells more like their original Sugar Plum Fairy, which is a fragrance that I've missed for, well, 18 years. I remember going into their store and my sister picking out the Raspberry and then buying several bottles of the Plum for me to take home with me. I hoarded the last drops of that lotion. Anyhow.

This smells like the sweetest, sugar dusted fruit (I still think sugarplum and raspberry more than strawberry) and so much wonderful creaminess. It's like a hint of bubblegum, pink cotton candy, fluffs of vanilla cream and marshmallow underneath those sugar dusted fruits. It definitely leans gourmand and creamy on my skin. Warm and dry more than milky, though it does have a definite creaminess.

It makes me think of Christmas and creamy lotion, because of the association that I have with that lotion, lol. I love this and it makes me feel nostalgic and miss my sister...

Diligent Instruction is a nice scent. Yep, there's strawberry, sugar, and mallow, just as expected. But it smells like a big-chain blend that was slapped together so tweens would snap it up in body spray form. In the end, I'm just sort of bored with it.

This is very pretty in the bottle. Sweet, creamy strawberries. This one cements the idea that strawberry doesn't work for me though. When I tested this, it immediately went salty. Eventually, it morphed back to something pleasant, but not great, and upon slathering, something I'm prone to with a light, sweet scent like this, it edged into plastic territory.

This strikes me as Instruction Manual's younger and less naughty sister.

Just got this in and had to try it on right away.

I agree with a pp about it smelling like strawberry candies in the bottle, but that is not the case when it is on my skin. At first it is straight up strawberry, with something soft trying to peek out, I am assuming it's the mallow. After about half an hour the mallow and the strawberry are dukeing it out, and it has considerable throw on my skin. a couple of hours later, I have a very soft, closer to the skin sweet creaminess with a slight flower smell to it, which has to be the mallow, and an afterthought of the strawberry. I am wondering how this will age, as it does seem what others have termed a "young" scent.

Been trying it again, and for some reason, my skin chemistry at this moment has it drying out to be a VERY similar scent to Antique Lace, which I adore. I know (am pretty sure) they don't share any notes, so it is probably just me or my nose, but who cares?? So this one, for me at least, just keep s getting better and better.

Edited by Anita

I was pretty excited putting this on. It was candied strawberry, but nothing fake about it. The green musky thing happening tempered the sweetness, and it was quite delightful. Springlike, strawberry musk. Alas, something this year is giving a waxy quality to the strawberry note. I can smell the awesomeness underneath, but it's covered in tween, waxy bonnebell chapstick.