Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Then said Jafnhárr: It was many ages before the earth was shaped that the Mist-World was made; and midmost within it lies the well that is called Hvergelmir, from which spring the rivers called Svöl, Gunnthrá, Fjörm, Fimbulthul, Slídr and Hríd, Sylgr and Ylgr, Víd, Leiptr; Gjöll is hard by Hel-gates.

The first vision, obfuscated by fog sprung from Hvergelmir: a world within dream, formed of nebulous possibility. Thin strands of white resin-smoke, star jasmine, and white violet.

This is a very pleasant, light incensey scent that reads primarily as a soft violet. It's not as lush as in Sybaris, per se, and definitely not as 'chewy' as Fleurette's Purple Snails, which was a robust, unfurling PURPLE violet.

On the skin it's sweet, gentle violets, mixed with maybe a wisp of light sandalwood. The star jasmine I guess reads as a hint of misty floral, but this is not a jasmine-forward blend at all. It's mostly a slightly dewy absolutely beautiful violet, and I must get tons of it. Light overall throw, but it's delicious.

I just got this out of the mail so the bottle is freezing but I had to try it instantly. I have had mixed results from violets so this wasn't the wisest decision, but as I'm a heathen i had to nab at least a couple from this collection. I was hoping this would be more like Morgause than other, candy-smelling violet scents and at least right now, I was right! But where Morgause is deep and sorceress-y on me, this one is pale (still sorceress-y though). There's something slightly unsettled about the way the resins and violet mix, but that, I'll assume optimistically, is due to it being fresh out of the mailbox. I think this is one of the only times violet has ever smelled like a flower on me and not like violet-scented candy.

I'll edit this with a more thorough review later, but i had to get that out there for other violet-worriers.

Edited on 1/11/20:

It's a pity to see this didn't get many reviews back in the day!  This has remained one of my favorites and i always love it at this time of the year - maybe just because that's when it was released, but it has that still-winter, new-beginnings vibe.  It's still so elegant and light.  My skin chemistry changed last year and I've been able to wear violet in general and now jasmine and sandalwood, which I couldn't before, and this scent has only improved with time and as a result of that.  

Edited by PrinceofcatS

Wispy jasmine and violet. And something else. So torn. I love me some violet, but hate the jasmine although its softer and less cat-pee like than other jasmines. Will have to retest again. Low throw and wear length.

This.  

On 1/19/2017 at 10:34 AM, Lycanthrope said:

This is a very pleasant, light incensey scent that reads primarily as a soft violet. It's not as lush as in Sybaris, per se, and definitely not as 'chewy' as Fleurette's Purple Snails, which was a robust, unfurling PURPLE violet.

On the skin it's sweet, gentle violets, mixed with maybe a wisp of light sandalwood. The star jasmine I guess reads as a hint of misty floral, but this is not a jasmine-forward blend at all. It's mostly a slightly dewy absolutely beautiful violet, and I must get tons of it. Light overall throw, but it's delicious.

Gentle, pretty, soft.  I'm not sure the incense I'm smelling is sandalwood.  It smells like maybe... opium?  Not sure.  Generally, I prefer a bit more oomph to my scents, but for those looking for a delicate floral, this is lovely.  I'll have to keep an eye out for "star jasmine."  It's obviously different from the more common, powerful stuff.  :smile:

Edited by VetchVesper

I was lucky to get a bottle of this in a forum order. Resins (often), jasmine (always), and violet (often) are scents that I love, and this sounded like a delightful combination.

In the bottle: Sweet violet with a hint of resinous incense and not much jasmine showing yet seems to be how it reads to me. I will be interested to see how that opens on the skin.

Fresh on the skin: Fresh, sweet still growing violet. There is a soft warmth from the resins and just the barest hint of jasmine to start with. Already more jasmine than in the bottle which is a plus for me.

On dry down: The jasmine opens up on me. It's a light, dewy early morning jasmine blooms note that balances nicely with the violet. It's sweet and soft, and very alive. This is a subtle scent on me and could easily be overpowered, but it's soothing and pleasant as well. I think that this fits its name very well, it does remind me flowers on a misty morning.