Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
puck_nc

Cold, Bleak, and Biting Hair Gloss

A brittle wind of eucalyptus blossom, spearmint, and icy elemi.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I have started pestering Puddin' and the goblins for a minty hair gloss as my bottle of Lightning Storm begins to run low. Something cool and crisp for those hot summer days. This sounds like what I'm looking for.

In the Bottle: Cold and greeny. Spearmint and eucalyptus and a little woodsy. Promising.

On Wet Hair: Very odd. It's still a cold scent, but I think I must be getting 100% elemi - it's cool and woodsy and there's not a hint of mint or eucalyptus anywhere.

After Blowdrying: Some of the eucalyptus comes back and a hint of spearmint, but it's still mostly a cool woodsy scent that's not evergreen or Christmas-tree.

Verdict: I'm going to have to think about this one. It's somewhat cold, definitely bleak, but doesn't have any minty bite that I was hoping for. Guess I'm pinning my hopes on the current Lunacy or an eventual Lick It hair gloss.

I like applying it to my dry hair, for what it's worth. It's cold for sure, but I find it more refreshing than biting. I get mostly elemi backed by eucalyptus. It feels nice and chilled, but not bitter or hollow. This is going to be a great cool blast when it's hot out.

Cold spearmint and eucalyptus, with a touch woodsiness. However, after the initial minty cold blast, I don't feel like it really lingers on my hair. However, on wet, it was more in the gender neutral category. Almost masculine. I can see this appealing to the fellas.