Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
annemathematics

A Tight-Fisted Hand at the Grindstone Hair Gloss

Petrified woods bound in a rigid leather cord.

strong and strange. leans manly. while there's a bit of light leather in the background, what is prominent is mostly a mishmash of other notes...the woods? I assume--and I'm sorry that my nose hasn't yet sussed out which and what woods/wood notes are present. there's something green and almost herbal as well, as thought the woods are closer to fresh branches still alive and green in the center rather than petrified. very unique and intriguing, although not really my style.

Anise or black licorice darkens wood and leather. The whole blend together makes me think: Spiced, rustic engine oil.

It also reminds me of A Kneeling Child and Then There Was a Longer Name That Followed It That I've Forgotten from the recent Weenies. So I put that on and they go well together.

I like how this pairs well with a perfume oil I have, but I'm not sure it's quite enough liking for a bottle. I like this, but it's not very me.

This is an herbal reedy wood with a soft brown leather undertone. I do see the resemblance to anise, but to my nose it more closely resembles fennel. Unusual but nice, I'd definitely wear this for a wood nymph or elf/halfling costume.

Black licorice, leather, and a hint of woods. The leather is definitely more of a brown leather, and I get an anise/fennel overlay over it. Rogue types, take note.

I thought I would try this based on the reviews of black licorice despite it not being listed. Love black licorice in perfume!

I do get a bit of anise-like spice! Sort of peppery. It also smells like a wood shop in the best way possible. This smells incredibly natural. Very light, low throw. It's a neat scent. Not sure how much I'll wear it, but I enjoy it!