Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jarcher3

A Circle Around the Hearth Hair Gloss

Oranges and apples, roasted chestnuts, and warm fig pudding with candied apricot brandy.

I get the strong cold fruits first. It's very rummy, probably the apricot brandy. It's like alcoholic winter fruit sauce sweetened with spices. A perfect scent for this time of year and it's very festive and I think represents wintertime joys well.

I hoped and hoped for a roasted chestnuts-strong perfume in the Yules, but this was the only place I found the note.

I like it. Oranges and apples are strongest on me at first, followed by a warm, gooey fig, candied apricot brandy, and finally chestnut. The whole is suffused with spices (including allspice? I think).

It's a warm, old fashioned Christmas occasion scent. In that mood, it reminds me a lot of Mr. Fezziwig's Ball. It's foodie, but my brain classifies it as Christmas mood over food, if that makes sense.

It also lasts an unusually long time in my hair, which makes me happy, because my hair eats things.

Finally got a decant of this! Been wanting to try this one for a while.

Sniffing in the decant, a very sweet brandy and orange. So far it's great. As I applied it in my damp hair. I got the quickest whiff of what must have been the chestnuts. It was a super quick smoky note, but that went away immediately.

I am left with a wonderful lightly brandied apple, apricot and orange. I get a little of the fig as well. I knew this would be a good one. It is light on me...with a light throw. Very festive but I think this is one that can be worn anytime of the year!

Edited by Numanoid

I totally forgot about this one, but I did test it and its a chestnut, fig, booze and a touch of orange on my hair. Very foodie and festive.

This is super yummy and festive! I'm surprised how much the chestnut comes through, I wish there was more of this note in other things! The fig is rich and sweet, The orange brightens things up, and there's lots of sweetness (almost syrupy) from the candied apricot brandy (though I cannot actually pick out any brandy or apricot). This is mostly fruity, nutty, and festive, and it instantly makes me feel warm and happy. I wasn't really expecting to like it, but I do!

I also just have to say that BPTP HG is like magic - I have my hair up today, and I did not straighten it first (because I'm on vacation, yay!) and therefore hadn't used any HG yet. I have been thinking how dry the end of my pony tails feels all day, and that I need a hair cut! Nope, I just needed HG. My hair feels amazing now, my pony-tail is soft and shiny and no longer makes "crispy noises" when I run my hand along it. It is amazing how much moisture my hair needs, and HG totally solves that problem for me! <3

A Circle Round the Hearth is maybe the most festive hair gloss I own. This just smells like Yule in the nicest way possible. The warm fig pudding suffused in apricot brandy is the heart of the scent for me, but the roasted chestnuts, oranges, and apples are all clearly present, adding a nutty chewiness (chestnuts) and vibrant, sweet fruitiness (orange and apple). A couple of hours after application, the orange is mostly gone and what remains is the chestnut, a touch of apple, and a touch of fig. I think the apricot brandy might remain in the form of a slight sweet effervescence. I feel like this would be the perfect hair gloss for me to wear while watching the 1984 film release of A Christmas Carol.

It's been a year since I first received this, and honestly, I think the scent is even better now. I'm always amazed at the longevity of the hair glosses when they're stored in cool, dark places. I hope to enjoy this for many Yules to come. :)