Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GoldenRubee

Four Seasons: Winter

A burst of apricot silk, blood orange musk, French lavender, and red benzoin chypre in a gilded sledge of amber.

Oh, wow. This smells beautiful. When I first got it in a blind swap, I didnt think it would work for me, as all I smelled was lavender. I tested it out today and powered through, and I am so glad I did. The lavender, though still there, is but a whisper and recedes far into the backgroundfar enough to let the blood orange and apricot dominate with amber as support... the lavender gives it a surprise twist, I guess. Usually I cant do anything with any lavender, but this works.

Thanks for sending in our blind swap, aphrodite! <3

ETA: I spoke too soon. Seems like the lavender sticks around until way after the other notes wear away. Ill see what my BF or mother thinks of it before swapping it away because it really is so beautiful if someone can deal with lavender.

Apricot is a beautiful note. It can be cheerful and playful, but here it’s playing at being proper and sedate, thanks to the serene lavender note. But then, you get a bright little burst of blood orange that makes it cheeky. I’m picturing an elegant, poised Countess who secretly has the raunchiest sense of humor behind closed doors.