Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
rainbow

Cherophobia

Fear of Happiness

Gibbering chitters of laughter, gleaming grinning mouths peeling open like a knife-slash: high-pitched lemon peel and pink pepper, white orris, and garish tangerine.

OMG. This smells like candied lemon peel and lemonheads. It is lemon, lemon, lemon, and it is divine. This is no weak and retiring lemon. The pink pepper and tangerine seem to give the lemon some background strength and staying power.

Seriously.

Lemonheads.

I was expecting a refreshing zesty citrus with zingy traces of pink pepper and a dusty orris base. IT'S NOT IT!!!

It's such a bright and cheery scent, BUT unexpectedly SWEET. It's not like Lemon-scented sticky bat, it's a fuller citrus, but the sweetness is almost juicy-like. Over time it settles into citrus sugar and reminds me of a citronade (get it?) with floating sugar cubes. If you enjoy your citrus blends on the sweeter and juicier side, GET THIS!

Edited by theredkilt

I was curious about this one, and it ended up being one of my surprise winners.

In the bottle, the lemon zest is sharp, and I worried about the dreaded "lemon pledge effect" but wet, this is a power-bomb of lemony goodness, and as it dries, it's just sharp, bright, citrusy and clean (in a non-cleaning-product-way).

Candied lemons, lemon zest, a dash of manderine and orris. It's a very festive lemon blend. Good throw and wear length.

Cherophobia smells like lemonheads candies. Sweet lemon, sour lemon, sugar crystals. A good mix of sweet and tart, but more dry than juicy on my skin. I can't pick out any of the other notes, and I was hoping for orris to make an appearance. It's a pleasant, sweet lemon candy, but Gobo is still my absolute favorite for a gourmand lemon fragrance.

This absolutely does smell like lemonheads, although maybe a touch less sweet. The tangerine peel gives it an extra sharpness, while the pink pepper keeps it from going too bitter and rounds everything out. There is a teensy bit of a powdery note that might be orris, but it's not strong. This actually strikes me as a summer fragrance more than anything, and I'm tempted to try and find myself a bottle.