Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Woodbetony

Scorpio 2016

Fixed water: the essence of desire. A scent of intensity and secrecy, passion and plots: the dark moon reflecting the shadows hidden within the depths of the ocean. This is a perfume of hidden knowledge, self-examination, and reflection, and of drawing out the poisons in your soul so that you may heal. Black patchouli and blackberry, mandrake root and pomegranate, myrrh and black copal, mugwort and pennyroyal.

This is a fun diversion from my usual scents. As a Scorpio, it was an insta buy! I am not an adept scent reporter, but I will give this my best shot. <3

In the bottle: Blackberry and pomegranate, with a hint of mugwort/pennyroyal (not sure which, but a semi dried herb is present). Neither of the fruits are sweet, but they do have a slight brightness. I am not getting patchouli at all.

Wet: Same, with a brightening of the berry and pom. There's an incense hanging out back there too. The herbs are sneaking up.

Dry: This smells like a place I have been. I have images of dried bright flowers and big clay pots. The berry and pom are still jamming. Renaissance faire? but without the turkey leg... I am not sure where this takes me but I like it. Certainly a cold weather scent for me.

Decant: Patchouli, herbs and dark sweet fruit
Wet on me: herbs and dark sweet fruit with a slight touch of patchouli in the background
Drying Down: for lack of a better word this smells like a gypsy head shop. fruity, incense-y herby. All sorts of fabulous goodness
Dry: LOVE LOVE LOVE! this may not be my sign but damn it's good to me!

Cool herbal patchouli, just a little sweet. Reminds me a little bit of Penumbra with less musk. I really like this. I'm not sure I like this so much I need to go out and hunt down a bottle, but I might change my mind...

Goes on herbal with a sharp stab of pennyroyal. Not minty, but a suggestion of mint, if that makes sense. Then it becomes a bit like Midwinter’s Eve with the blackberry and pomegranate taking center stage. The fruit fades into the background a bit and sits on a bed of sweet and swirling resins. The copal is more prominent than the patchouli, but the whole bouquet is sweet, warm, multilayered and deep. I would definitely consider this to be a signature scent for a Scorp.

I was so excited that my sign had notes I'd actually like, I was expecting something too leathery or dirty for me. This is so complex and gorgeous: dark, purple, fruity incense with the subtle herbal notes adding interest. So mysterious and deliciously witchy, it could easily be a Halloween scent! Scorpio is very dark, but with a sparkling brightness to it, it makes me think of shimmering deep purple satin- dark and decadent!

Pomegranate, black berry, myrrh and a touch of patchouli. This one was a red-purple fruit mix with some myrrh as the base. Good throw and medium wear length. It ended up a sort of as a pomegranate red wine type of blend on my skin and reminds me to a Lupercalia scent She Crushes for Men Deadly Wine

(Decant)

The fruit notes in this would normally keep me from testing it, but as a Scorpio I felt the need to at least try it. To me it goes into "expensive perfume" territory. The pomegranate and blackberry completely take over, where I was hoping they would just be players in the background. This is more of a red wine/fruity scent and less resinous on me. Very strong throw and longevity.

I am very strongly reminded of September Midnight except without the chyphre. The mandrake and pennyroyal combine for a prominent herbal element. This is very fruity with a certain incense or craft store quality.

This is mainly pomegranate and blackberry on me, and it's tart, sharp and a bit cough syrupy. The herbal, minty-cool edge from the mugwort and pennyroyal makes it smell more medicinal. After about an hour, the patchouli is creeping in, but it's very dry and the whole thing turns oddly plasticy. A fail on my skin.

This is a fascinating, dark scent that still manages to feel light and maybe even a little magical. It reminds me of nighttime at the very end of summer, when it's dark outside but still way too hot. It's mostly tart, rich fruit on me, with a delightful zing of mugwort. The incense is soft, but it adds a mysterious quality to the whole thing and gets stronger as the scent settles. I'm a Cancer with Scorpio as my rising and moon signs, so I felt I had to at least try this; it far exceeded my expectations. I'll keep the decant.