Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
octic

Pistachio Pumpkin Cupcake Bath Oil

With pumpkin cream cheese frosting.

This is my first bath oil, and the best thing I've ever put on my skin. I've slathered in it all day as a moisturizer since receiving my Post package. :wub3:
The pistachio and cream cheese frosting are rich and realistic, and there are delicious pumpkin spices that don't overpower. They bring back memories of some amazing pumpkin spice cupcakes I had at a baby shower recently. The cream cheese frosting was super sweet and indulgent, and pumpkin cake itself was fluffy and lightly spiced. With some extra cinnamon scent from the cinnamon broom being waved around the room beforehand. A great scent memory.

Anyway, I love how well this works on my skin and can't wait to see how it is in a bath. I smell delicious and can't get enough. Foodies, please give this a try!

This one is really yummy! There's the pumpkin/pumpkin spice thing going on, but the pistachio switches things up a bit. I like that! Not easy to find a good pistachio note. The frosting is also very yummy (yes, I need a new adjective) but overall it's not too sweet. Oh, and I'm getting a general "baked goods" vibe that I don't always get even when it should be there... love it!

I'm glad I have this as the weather changes. It'll be really snuggley and comforting.

I really thought this was going to be my holy grail bath oil. It's nice, don't get me wrong but the pistachio note fades into the background of the generic holiday baked goods bonanza. Why do all spicy pumpkin scents seem to simplify down to CINNAMON BROOMS on me? Anyone else get this? I used it as an after shower body oil and it smells amazing in the bottle and for the first few minutes on: like a lightly spiced pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting that's studded with real pistachios. I'm going to try and age this one for a year and bust it out next Halloween in hopes that the nuttiness is up and the cinnamon down.

I use these the same as I use perfume oils (smudged over my wrists and the ends of my hair), because the bath oils make my skin break out if I get them all over myself. I wish that I were getting the cake or cheesecake or frosting smell that others get from this, but it's all pumpkin spice on me. A big blast of cinnamon. I'd be afraid to pour this into my bath; I'm sensitive to spice notes and I'm pretty sure I'd have a bad reaction to this.

Cinnamon, pumpkin cupcakes with a touch of cream cheese. UGH. So good. I think I may keep this decant.