Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mollison

Dead Leaves, Tobacco, Blackened Caramel, and Cacao Hair Gloss

[No additional description given.]

At first spray, the dead leaves and tobacco come out swinging, with just a hint of cacao in the background!

As it dries and settles in, I'm left with the blackened caramel and cacao, with mayyyybe a bit of tobacco hanging in there keeping it from being too foody.

It is delicious and beautiful!

Edit: Upon trying this again, for some reason the RIGHT side of my hair smelled like delicious caramel tobacco, and the LEFT side of my hair smelled like I had been smoking cigs and tried to cover up the smell by spraying Axe on my hair. NO idea why there was a difference--maybe one side was drier than the other?

Edited by mollison

In the bottle, I get that masculine note I seem to always detect in any dead leaves anything I have tried. I also get a little cacao as well. On my damp hair, it is that same masculine note with the tobacco hanging around. Not getting any caramel or cacao. I was leery about getting this, but was SO hoping it was going to be close to smelling like a CT HG decant I got a while ago that was a beautiful burnt caramel autumn chocolate thing.. but this isn't. Too masculine for me. :cry2:

I made sure to shake this up a lot, because it has blobs of cocoa absolute in it, but I can't smell the cocoa or caramel at all. I tried this out in my hair and it made my hair feel sticky and stiff, which is strange (usually makes my hair very oily). My man asked what it was and then said, "Oh yeah. It does smell like a dead life pile. In your hair. I don't know how I feel about it." It does smell like dry leaves, but also sort of musky (like men's cologne musk), and I don't like the tobacco in this, because it really smelled like stale cigarette smoke in my hair after a while. It doesn't smell like French Tobacco or Bulgarian Tobacco at all. It's the scent that gets stuck in your hair when you're around a smoker.

This is sprayed on my shirt, as my hair already has HG in it.

The lab seems to use several different dead leaf note. There is one that I find smells like...man...for lack of a better word (cologne? men's soap? just manly) and at first I thought that's what this is, but then I changed my mind. It's more bitter and less clean than that leaf note. I smelled the caramel and tobacco momentarily, but they quickly faded to be dominated by that dry, slightly bitter leaf note. I can SEE the cocoa in the bottle, but I can't smell it, despite having shaken the shit out of it.

Sticking my nose pretty much directly in the bottle, this is gorgeous. I can smell the caramel, tobacco and cocoa. And I love it. I may need to give this a shot on my hair before I decide (or even my skin) because I love that smell in the bottle. Maybe this just doesn't react well with the material of my shirt OR it needs more time to meld all together. Not giving up hope, that smell in the bottle is just so good!

ETA: Actually a few mins later, as this has settled more on my sleeve, the other notes do come out more. There's hope I tell ya, hope!

Edited by LizziesLuck