Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White patchouli leaf, beeswax, ambergris, and pale incense.

ooh, this starts off so beautifully. it's a very pretty beeswax with something slightly sweet and golden. this is a beautiful honey! after a minute or two, i think i get hints of incense. still so pretty. after being on the skin about 10 minutes, i think i sense the ambergris but get no strong patchouli scent, but then again it's white patchouli leaf, which i am guessing is more subtle (?) overall, this is a very pretty beeswax/honey scent. i'm really loving it and may need a bottle. i really love the interaction of beeswax and incense :heart:

This Wan White Humming Hive was sickly, scary honey when it first hit my skin. But quickly the overpowering sweetness of the beeswax gave way to the dry patchouli, the oceany ambergris, and a light incense around the edges. It is stranger and less straight-forward than I had imagined. This is not a bad thing; it's a beautiful, magical strangeness. Imagine your totally goth girlfriend, with the dyed black hair, the all-black wardrobe, the clove cigarettes, decided instead to wear all white, to line her eyes with white and wear white lipstick and dye her hair platinum blonde -- this is the perfume she would wear. Despite the pale quality of the notes, a little goes a long way, and there is quite a bit of throw on me.

In the imp: A light, sweetly perfumey honey, reminiscent of Womb Furie or Iulia, L'Artiste du Diable, and more vaguely reminiscent of scents like O or White Rabbit. Maybe some ambergris is contributing to the light, airy feel?

Wet: What I think of as a classic BPAL scent: a lightly resinous, sweet, incense. The honey has become definitely more beeswax-y, and is mingling with the ambergris to uplift and smooth the scent into something elegant and strange, beautiful and otherworldly. This is what I think one of Tolkien's Elves, particularly Galadriel, would smell like.

Dry: Pretty linear. As expected, the airier, lighter elements fade away, leaving it pleasantly base note-y. Now I would call it a gently honeyed incense, or maybe some particularly aromatic resin. The honey/beeswax is occasionally more of the former, occasionally more of the latter, but generally a good balance between them.

Holy crap, this is beautiful. It's simultaneously a scent for snuggling under the covers on a cold day, and for sweeping around majestically, aware of your own power and beauty. I love this.

2018 version.

Sweet creamy smooth beeswax with a light hint of beachy ambergris. Just a hint of incense keeps it from being dull. I don't really get any patchouli.

This was a really nice one with good longevity. I'm a big fan of beeswax oriented scents and the ambergris and incense keep this from being too basic. 

(Bottle purchased in eBay lot. Year uncertain.)

In the bottle: I can pick out honey and beeswax, but I can also tell that I'm not picking out all the notes. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's honey first, with beeswax quickly dominating the scent. Dry, it's still mostly beeswax, with a bit of patchouli funk and a bit of well-behaved ambergris (slightly salty ocean, not rancid whale bile, as it often goes on me) around the edges. Unfortunately for me, as the scent starts to develop, the beeswax starts to fade, and the patchouli and ambergris both fight for prominence. 

Huh. Maybe this was a false alarm, or maybe the scent is going to be a continuous morpher on me. A half hour later, and it's back to honey-tinged beeswax with a whisper of patchouli and ambergris. 

I'll definitely have to see how this wears for a whole day and then update. 

Completely dissapears on me, so i'll go off what I can smell in the bottle; Strong ambergris, a ghostly white veil around a plop of beeswax.

This is lovely, it provides a nice light buzz of scent. When I wear it on exposed skin, it seems to fade quickly, but under my clothes it hangs out longer. The white patchouli leaf is not as bold as other patch I've worn, I get more of the ambergris, but in the mix with the beeswax and incense it's almost sparkly and magical.