Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TallGrrl78

Now That They Rise and Walk in the Cold

And now that they rise and walk in the cold,
Let us warm their blood and give youth to the old.
Let them see us and hear us, and say: "Ah, thus
In the prime of the year it went with us!"
Till their lips drawn close, and so long unkist,
Forget they are mist that mingles with mist!
For the year's on the turn, and it's All Souls' night,
When the dead can burn and the dead can smite.

Bruised violets chilled by eucalyptus blossom, ice musk, and black cypress tar.

Skin testing this one today. The eucalyptus is not whoa eucalyptus at all in this so have no fear if eucalyptus is not your thing. It is still present but this is a softer more floral eucalyptus. At first I get a lot of the cypress and eucalyptus. The ice musk adds almost a slightly fresh/powdery element to it. Just makes it smell clean. It's not minty. The violet comes out more in the dry down and it's more of an herbal flowery violet. Oh, this is really pretty. Once it dries down, if I think about it, I really can smell all the components with probably the violet at the forefront. Throw seems to be medium (but I only applied to my arms to test). I usually also apply on my chest so I think that could kick things up a bit. Truly a winner. If you are a violet fan, I do not think you will be disappointed by this.

The throw seems to increase with wear time. This is a gorgeous violet blend. Almost a little foresty in the background. I'm loving this.

This is a beautiful violet scent. If you love violet, you need this scent. This is a softer, more demure violet than some other BPAL violets I know and love (classics like The Raven and Le Serpent qui Danse.) This is a violet that whispers. It's a pale lavender violet, rather than a rich, deep purple violet. It is indeed a bit ghostly. I was quite concerned about the black cypress tar, but I don't smell any tar (though there may be a faint cypress note). This is just soft, beautiful, ghostly violet. It's a perfume that invokes longing. Absolutely beautiful.

Ghostly violets. Have you ever seen Cabin in the Woods? If you have, read on. If you haven't, well, spoiler right below.

You know how those kids chose their own fate in the basement? Yeah, this smells like an old bridal bouquet that has some violet perfume squirted on top, because it smells old and nostalgic. And the minute you breathe it in, you summon a vengeful Miss Havisham type ghost (is this considered a spoiler for Great Expectations, whoops...) in her old, cobwebby bridal dress, who sort of smells nice but underneath has this super menacing aura? And then slowly but surely, she slowly haunts and kills those around you. Ever watched Insidious? Then YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT with Patrick Wilson's character. Ugh, I am getting the chills just remembering that.

Actually, to continue with all the movie references, this would be totally at home in the Crimson Peak line. Gothic, ghostly violets. Medium throw and wear length.

If you ever wanted a menacing violet blend, well, you got it.

I could swear up and down I already reviewed this scent. Hopefully I didn't do it in the wrong place.

Anyhow, this is like standing in a shower and having a bunch of cold wet violets dumped on your head. It's delicate and the eucalyptus is prominent at first but it steps back to allow more of the very faintly lemony ice musk to come thorough.

The scent is fresh, slightly powdery, clean. Did I mention cold? If you wanted a snow or ice and violet scent this is a good one to try. It's similar to Ultraviolet, but less powerfully menthol, more pale and delicate.

Edited by patina

Starts as a strong icy-cold blend with a suggestion of eucalyptus, but it is just that...a suggestion, never veering into steaming-leaves-to-open-nasal-passages territory. After a while, the eucalyptus vanishes and I am left with icy violet bouquets!!!

I LOVE this!! I have many violet scents, but none have thus unique, intriguing icy character. Stunning and original!!!