Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The house No. 101 is of the third class, and contains nothing worthy of attention.

A little shabby: dusty sandalwood and cold black tea.

I was really, really hoping this would be like All Hallows' Eve 1917 on me, that same scent of dusty light beaming in through a window at dusk. Alas my skin chemistry and the sandalwood just couldn't agree with each other. I amp many types of sandalwood and sadly I amped this one to the point of it going from swirling dust to the strong dry wood I was so desperately hoping wouldn't rear its Cerberus head. The black tea was completely overshadowed. It is, however, and atmospheric scent, and if it was an atmo, I would probably love it!

In the bottle: it seemed fairly flat, faint, hard to pick out (though sometimes smelling at con events, something about the canned air tends to dampen my sniffer - things tend to come more alive once I'm outside, oddly)

Wet on the skin: kind of sharp woody, a bit astringent

Dry down (5 minutes): I'm still not getting any black tea scent, but the sandalwood is starting to mellow and soften

Dry down (1-4 hours later): This has gotten remarkably sweet. It's still sandalwood, and I still don't think of anything that smells like "black tea" to me; but there is something very sweet, not quite foodie, it's not at all a milky tea, or a honeyed tea, but I can't think of any other sandalwood blend that is this sweet and warm.

Faint black tea and a touch of sandalwood. The black tea and sandalwood combine into a slight licorice smell on me. Low throw and wear length.

Black tea, licorice, faint.

Astringent, cold, sharp, medicinal black tea and a dry, splintery, bitter, dusty/powdery sandalwood. It's not sweet at all on my skin, and I find that tea scents are very difficult to wear, because I don't like the bitter, sharp edges that they often have. The drydown is all dusty/powdery sandalwood, and it smells very thin and sharp.

Two of my favorite notes in a scent? What could go wrong?

The sandalwood was so faint I had smash my nose into my wrist to get the faintest whiff of it.

Mostly, this was tea. I often get some sweetness out of both tea and sandalwood notes but there is none of that here.

The scent lasts for about 5 minutes before disappearing completely.

Overall a disappointing and nondescript scent.

Wet: Both in the decant and then freshly applied to my skin, this is all sandalwood. Dry, and bordering on pencil shavings territory. I can pick up hints of tea (not sweet, as it usually is), but just hints, and only sometimes, almost like it might actually be my imagination....

Dry: The tea comes out and gives this a bit of sweetness, and also somehow makes it quite perfumey smelling. It's very very faint though, and lasts almost no time on my skin. Glad I got to try it, but I won't be needing any more.

I received this as a freebie and I am not understanding all the shade being thrown here. This is nice. It is SUBTLE, thankfully, because I immediately fumbled it and dumped about half the bottle on myself on accident 'pon opening. Whoops. Good thing it was free! I rubbed it into my sweatshirt. Waste not, want not.

It seems unisex. It reminds me of Barbasol or something, some kind of old school shave cream. I hadn't read the scent description before the first whiff. I thought I was smelling something minty, but that must be the black tea, and the almost-chocolatey smell must be the sandalwood. Light, sweet, and woody. I might give this to my boyfriend, if he's good. 

It doesn't seem have a lot of throw, and doesn't seem to last long. I do have a head cold right now, so maybe it lasts longer than I thought or I'm just nose blind to it already.

"Contains nothing worthy of attention."  I disagree. 

Edited by SimonsSays