Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

A Little More Tea

In June, Lilith was cast as the Mad Hatter in her theater school’s production of Alice in Wonderland. Typecast much?

Lilith says that the Mad Hatter should smell like tea (“EARL GREY!”) with honey and cream and lots and lots of cookies.

In The Bottle: Cream and cookies! Very light cream and cookies!

Wet On Skin: The cookies are showing up a bit more now, they seem to be butter cookies, like the kinds that come in those big blue tins. Nomnomnom!

Dry Down: Sadly, I get no tea from this, certainly not Earl Grey, which I'd been hoping for. On the other hand, having a light scent that makes me smell like butter cookies and also cream is NOT a problem in my universe.

In All: very low throw- prepare to slather! A light, lovely scent good for blustery fall days and, yes, thinking ahead, I can see wearing this on Christmas morning as presents are being opened. Just a sweet, joyous scent. Love! :wub2:

I tried this on directly from the mailbox, so keep that in mind.

In the bottle: I smell the cookies which smell very similar to the white cake in Eat Me. I get no Earl Grey or cream.

Wet: The same.

Dry: The same.

I stopped wearing Eat Me because the cake note started to make me feel ill. This is close enough to that note to my nose that I'm not liking this at all. I'll give it a few days to settle and try it again.

Yum! A Little More Tea is predominantly sugar cookies and a spot of Earl Grey tea on me. There's also honey and cream here, but they're not overwhelming on my skin. The honey is stronger than the cream, especially on the drydown. Mostly I get the cookies, from start to finish. :yum:

The first thing I smell is cream, then cookies. I don't really detect any tea, which makes me a little sad, but this is still a nice cookie scent. I might have to see how this one ages before I give up on it.

Definite Earl Grey tea and cream as top notes for me. The cookies and their sugary sweetness come into play on the drydown. The bergamot from the tea brings some citrus freshness in there and altogether it really is a perfect and refined tea party scent. I absolutely love this.

For me this is mostly buttery cookies, with cream and tea playing a smaller part. I do get a good hit of that bergamot at the opening. Dry it smells like a tea-scented cookie rather than tea and cookies. It's a very nice and playful scent.

Edited by roseus

This was very, very Dorian in the vial and when it hit my skin, but now it's mainly cream, honey, and the heavy cake notes I sniffed in Hungry Ghost Moon '13 and Cockaigne. Sweet without being overly sugary. My kind of foodie scent.

When this first arrived, fresh out of the mail, it was all butter cookies, all the time.

Now that it has had a chance to settle, I can pick out the tea more. ITB, it's still mainly cookies, but when applied I get a fairly strong hit of bergamot, and a hint of tea.

It's pretty consistent during wearing for me. Like soaking rich, butter cookies into Earl Grey until they're soggy. The cookie is still the leader, but the tea is present as well.

I've had it on for about four hours now, and it is fading a bit, though I still get the occasional cookies-in-tea scent wafting from my wrists.

Foody without being too sweet or heavy, I do love this one. I only wish black tea was a bit stronger in the mix. I'd love an Earl Grey single note to layer over it!

Wet: WOW this is almost all cookie on me, but let me tell you, it is the most realistic cookie note I have EVER smelled. Smells exactly like those vanilla girl guide cookies to me! Mmmm. Sadly, I don't get any tea yet.

Dry: This fades really quickly to just a vague, creamy sweetness. It's still very pleasant, but my decant will be enough. I was hoping for more of a tea scent, this is much more gourmand.

Cookies in the bottle. Goes on as unsweetened bergamot (this is definitely Earl Grey). For about a minute there's some horrible sharp note — smoke? pepper? — which finally fades. Then it starts to cycle between a more subdued cookie note, bergamot tea, cream, and an unfortunately unpleasant honey, in sequence. I will never understand how morphers work and they are so bloody fascinating.

Seems like there is enough variation for me to leave a note. (my first review!) In the imp, I get very strong sugary Earl Grey, with cream. It was almost off-putting at first, but after a few days I tried again and liked it. Then the cookies do come out, and it all sort of melds into a creamy-cookie thing with a hint of tea. At the last, I get only Earl Grey, almost a little bitter, but it is almost... refreshing. I have to say I like this a lot. It reminds me of Jack, which I also really like, but is sometimes too sweet and gives me a headache. If you find the same, you would probably like this. It's not really a perfume smell, but I am considering getting a full bottle to have on hand. I now find it really comforting.

This is the perfect little tea party on my skin! Mostly cream and honey with a bit of bite from the tea. I don't think I am getting as many cookies as everyone else, but there is a general sweetness to the blend.

If you like tea blends or sweet scents, be sure to check it out!

Medium throw and wear length on me.

The tea mostly smells like sweet lemon to me, with hints of honey and dry, biscuit-y cookies. I don't get any cream, and it's not as sweet as I was expecting. Lemon and biscuits with a hint of honey.

I don't get any cream from this, which is great, because cream does not agree with me!

In the decant and on the skin, it is pure ANIMAL CRACKERS! Such a yummy scent!

As it dries down, a nice citrusy topnote is coming forward--the bergamot from the Earl Grey, I presume.

Later: OMG. Earl Grey and animal crackers. This is very sweet and reminds me of a little kid's tea party. It is FUN. Maybe not something I would want to wear a lot as an adult, because it just reminds me of childhood snack time. In an awesome way. Oh, who am I kidding--I am a stay-at-home mom, so this might be a perfect scent for me. :-P

Edit: Even later on, the lemony note fades and it's just crushed animal cracker crumbs on the floor at the end of the party! :lol:

Edited by mollison

Buttery, biscuit-y cookies both in the vial and wet. I find the cookie note more buttery than sweet, like a shortbread. There's definitely a citrussy note which I'm assuming is the bergamot, but I really wish there were more tea to this scent. The "lots and lots of cookies" are largely drowning the tea while the scent is wet, although as it dries the tea note comes out a bit and the scent comes more into balance.

I'm not a huge fan of the cookie note in the wet scent, and the throw is low on me although the wear length was okay. I'll stick to Dorian for tea scents, I think.

Holy buttery cookies batman!

That is all I smelled on me. It's nice and cute but I don't think it's for me.

I got more of the buttery biscuit note in the beginning, but the Earl Grey tea comes out more on my skin as time progresses. It's quite creamy and warm. Pleasant. I like it, but not enough to get a full bottle.

I was so excited for this to smell like butter cookies. But, it was not to be. I got a big blast a Earl Grey citrusy tea that has dried down to a lovely honey sweetness with just a hint of a dusty tea tin in the background. That dry, dusty note is just enough to ground it and keep it interesting. No cookies, just honey. I love it even though it has turned out completely different than I expected. It makes me want to wrap up in a cozy blanket with a cup of my favorite tea, reading books by the fire.

In the bottle: Butter cookies, with a little bit of creaminess lurking in the background.

Wet on skin: Still primarily sugary butter cookies, like the ones that come in those blue tins that everyone's grandma keeps sewing notions in, with a splash of Earl Grey.

Dry down: Sweet, buttery cookie crumbs, slightly damp with the remnants of a cup of Earl Grey with milk.

It's a sweet, fun scent unlike anything else I have in my collection, but I was hoping A Little More Tea would have, well, a little more tea to it. I'm on the fence on whether to be happy with my decant or if I need a full bottle. This scent makes me smile, but I'm not sure if I can see myself wearing it on the reg.

Drowning in cream, cookies and a touch of tea. Very creamy, very cookie, very foodie. Low throw and average wear length.

This is what I wish Bread and Butterfly could have been, but ended up going yeasty on me, maybe its the tea - it makes it a little more delicate. Again, the delicacy reminds me of the other Liliths from this year that are about their trip to England. So beautiful.

In the decant: Smells like Jelly Belly buttered popcorn jellybeans. Very buttery and sugary.

Wet: Same buttered popcorn candy smell. It is very unpleasant wet.

Dry: Fruit Loops in milk. I had to pause and resniff again. Yes still Fruit Loops in milk. What is this sorcery? It is very nostalgic.

30 minutes later: Still Fruit Loops. But now it is dry cereal Fruit Loops. No cream.

1.5 hours later: The scent is fading. Now it smells like buttery cookies soaked in tea. However the tea note is very subtle and it does not smell like Earl Grey to me. Maybe more of a lightly steeped Earl Grey.

It lasts under two hours on my skin and the throw is light. I was hoping for a stronger Earl Grey note but it was hardly there for me in the end. Earl Grey is my favorite tea. I will stick with the decant. Even though this scent was not what I had hoped for, it is still a unique and fun scent in my collection.

This is very creamy and buttery. More crumbly cookie than it is tea, though there is a faint hint of something citrus on me. It faded down a sugar cookie in milk scent. I think its very pleasant, but its a little light, and I was hoping for more tea out of this blend.

Lots of milky tea and a touch of cake at first. At this point, it reminds me of White Rabbit, only there is more cake. As time goes on, it is more cake with a touch of tea. Hmmm, I wonder if I'm starting to enjoy foody blends more, this one really appeals to me. It reminds me now of Eat Me, but with no currant. Nice, but foody blends tend to make me want to eat stuff I shouldn't. :wacko2: