Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Happicuppa

Goofin' at Stonehenge

We visit one of the most ancient sacred sites in the world and what do we do? We play tag among the stones and make silly faces. Why? Because were Barrials.

The chilly air of Wiltshires twilight in late winter, crushed grass, white musk, and Liliths lavender.

In the bottle: WOAH! Hey grass, how you doin'? Green but also floral and I get the musk. Not smelling lavender in the bottle but I do have something hitting me that could be chilly air. This is...interesting.

Wet: Lavender, grass, and musk and clean night air. A little ozone-y even. I'm digging it wet!

Drying: Uh oh. Grass has smacked me in the face again. Sneezingly so. I really want to like this, because it's a clean and crisp and herbal scent.

About 10 minutes later: Oh hey, this is calming down into something lovely. I don't get the in-your-face grass clippings I had in the bottle and for a moment when dry. I still smell lavender, and I smell the 'twilight air' and yes, the grass. I think the musk balanced it out, finally. And hey, no more sneezing!

Throw: Wet and drying this is hit-you-in-the-face green, but it's dried down to a softer throw. I haven't managed to absorb the perfume as quickly as I do some blends.

Synopsis: Overall this is a really clean and green scent on me. I do like it! Buuuuut...I'm not sure how often I'll wear it? It seems like a good spring/summer smell. Definitely going to hold onto it for now!

The opening is crushed grass with a side of white musk. Lavender is there if you take a close sniff. I get the "ozone" impression as well.

Dry, the ozonic edge of white musk is gone, making the scent smell "clean". A bit too close to fabric softener for my taste, perhaps. The effect softens in the later stages. Moderate wear length, medium throw.

Opening I get the sense that there's lavender in this, but that disappears when I apply it. Are those crushed narcissiuses along with the grass? They disappear quickly too.

It is cold and chilly and gray as promised and I do smell stone and plenty of crushed grass. Ozony and near aquatic.

Similar to Amsterdam.

Overall, this smells like a spring floral scented laundry soap on my skin. I can smell hints of green grass and sweet lavender, but mostly it's wrapped up in a clean, musky, soapy fragrance. Clean laundry.

This one is a clean green grass plus lavender floral. It's a little too clean and soapy for me. But it would make a lovely bath or atmosphere scent. Good throw and wear length.

Mmmm, grass - in twilight in late winter. I am always amazed by how Our Mistress does it. This is a great winter scent, but it would also be a refreshing scent during the heat of summer.

In the bottle: Lots of crushed grass, white musk and ozone, and a bit of lavender. I think there are some flowers in this crushed grass.

Wet: I’m getting the white musk, ozone, and crushed grass, which I still think is dotted with flowers, and a little lavender. It smells very clean.

Dry: The ozone and white musk have calmed down somewhat, and I’m getting more of the crushed grass (and its flowers). The lavender in this is soft, and the scent is warmer now.

Verdict: I took a chance on this one because I originally wanted a bottle when it was available, but I ended up passing on it because I knew I’d need multiple bottles of Lilith’s HG and The Serpentine. I don’t dislike the scent, but it’s not one that I could see myself wearing. I wish I had gotten more of the lavender from it. I think it would be a nice room scent, though, so I think I will try it in an oil burner and see how that goes.