Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Peach caramel with blackened vanilla, patchouli, and teakwood.

In the bottle: It's pretty patchouli/teakwood-forward. Spicy and woody. A little sweet.

On skin: The peach is not a top note here, really. It very much smells like caramel with peach juice added as opposed to caramelized or roasted peaches. The blackened vanilla darkens the peachy caramel so it doesn't read as buttery or foody at all, and lends a lovely dark, sweet warmth. Patch and teakwood make this woody and spicy (but not as strong as the wood or patch in some other blends).

Overall, this is a beautifully balanced blend. It's warm and sweet, not foody, not particularly "fresh peachy" - but the peach is still a solid foundation for the scent. The vanilla makes it a darker scent, the patch is very subtle (just lending a little earthiness and spiciness), and the teakwood is woody and dry in the background, but not too strong.

It reminds me a lot of a blend between Aradia and Imp.

I'm testing a bottle that belongs to a friend. I would have bought a four-pack of them myself if they had a nice, soft tobacco instead of patchouli.

Still, Peach V gives a very early impression on my skin that starts off almost sweet tobacco-like, for a few seconds, maybe thanks to the teak and caramel -- then it sinks irretrievably into the patchouli patch. When I first tested this, the peach caramel seemed dominant; this morning, though, the patch is king, sweetened by peach caramel and a scant trace of vanilla. The teakwood is a lovely background note that adds some sophistication.

Peach V isn't what I think of as a gourmand, but neither were the other two Peaches I've tested so far (I and IV). It's a little too dirty patchy for me to love, but I would have been in love with the blend without that.

The less patchouli-averse should be happier, though. :cool:

I adore this blend. In bottle I get mostly wood and a deep sweet peach. Wet, the patchouli is earthy and tempered by the modest peach. The wood keeps it from being gourmand while the sweet notes help keep it from being too dry. As it dries down they blend, making it more difficult to pick out the individual notes. Decent lasting power and strangely not a heavy scent, at least to me. Very wearable and I'm looking forward to rocking this all Fall and winter.

Wet: WOW. I love teak. And with caramel, patch and peach, it's pretty much heaven so far. It's kind of like Antikythera with fruit. YUM.

Dry: Really good. My favourite peach scent I have tried so far. The peach is sweet - more like dried peach or peach syrup than fresh. The sweetness is tempered perfectly by the wood and patch, but the peach is still the star. The caramel just ads to the sweetness and richness. This is great, so glad to have it! A big thanks to my fairy and the friend who arranged this through the fairy!

Peach skin, teak and a touch of patchouli. The peach does a fair job of balancing book the wood notes and the patchouli. Making this super wearable. I'm very surprised. Low throw and good wear length.

Peach and tobacco. i'm sure it's just the teak mixed with the blackened vanilla, but it ends up having a tobacco note. This is wonderful. Sexy peaches.

I mostly gave this one a chance because of the black vanilla note, but it is not a main player on me. The black patchouli and teakwood are the stars of the show on my skin, with the peach caramel adding a little sweetness to it at first, but that ends up disappearing. I can only smell the strong black patchouli and teakwood after several hours of wear. There's just a hint of the black vanilla in the background.

I don't typically enjoy teak, and with patchouli, it depends on the scent. The two together just make this scent too dark for me. The peach caramel didn't stick around long enough on me, and the black vanilla is hardly there. Fans of scents like The Antikythera Mechanism would probably enjoy this one, though.

I purchased my bottle via a fairy extraordinaire in '16 so it has aged 7 years at this point.

in the bottle I smelled the patch strongly {I am iffy on patch generally speaking like I think I like it but then it often turns to bandaids and sticks to everything} but on wearing I am getting the peach caramel and teak. The patch is there as a backdrop as is, I guess, the vanilla but I am not picking out either in this scent.

On me it is more a golden scent--the teak and caramel combined to have me thinking of a fireplace in library on a rainy night.  Cozy and warm. Not particularly gourmand and I don't think the down and dirty patch lovers would want this one.  

Edited by elka_knits