Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LizziesLuck

La Dame à la Licorne Atmosphere Spray

Dried patchouli leaf, brown amber, woodmoss, red currant, labdanum, khus, and wild plum.

I was looking for a fall atmo, and I have high hopes that with this collection of notes this will work well for that.

Mmm. This is so good. Warm, woody. The patchouli is fairly dominant, but combines with currant I can't stop sniffing it (patchouli and currant is a favourite combo of mine). I keep getting hints of something that reminds me of sassafras/sarsaparilla - I wonder if that's the labdanum? It usually reminds me more of Cola than Root Beer, but either way, LOVELY. Overall this is warm and woody, with hints of fruit, just the right amount of sweetness, and a faint impression of something I can't put my finger on (that's super helpful, right? Lol) I love it and will use it this Autumn, just as I had hoped!!

ETA: This is the warm, dry, woody version of Patchouli - not at all chewy or gnarly. A very different Patchouli note than Revenant Rhythm. Just thought I would add that.

Makes me think of a lighter, juicer version of what I wanted Lucifer to be.

The stars here are the labdanum and vetiver. They remind me of a few fantastically dark/ashy incense blends I've gotten from Solstice Scents.

While they might be too heavy on their own, the currant and plum lend a lickably sweet layer on top of the incense, while the patchouli takes this out of a temple and into a forest.

It's sexy and elegant. The vetiver (khus) and patch here are not the typical fierce notes you might expect from their presence in other BPAL blends.

If you're looking for a seductive but approachable "witchy" blend, I think this would do nicely. Color association reads as maroon with a deep mossy green for me.

While I'll use my decant, I'm not sure if it's different or complex enough compared to Conjure Dark or Inquisitor from SS to give me a reason for a full bottle.

There's also a slight bitterness, I think from the moss. Bittersweet in a swampy forest grove way (which isn't as bad as it probably sounds).

I typically like notes that complement each other rather than contrast too much, and it sticks out from the smoothness in the rest of the blend.

I'm on the fence about it, but the soft fruitiness is nice.

Edited by Balame

Very dry patchouli, ashy vetiver, and a hint of sour, red currant. I was hoping for incense and plum, but this is too dry and slightly sour to my nose.

Warm woody, labdanum, smoky vetiver and touches of both red currant and plum adding a juicy red/purple fruit note to this. Dark woody incensey.