Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White tobacco, rosehips, and white oudh.

In the bottle... This reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it. I think I'm mainly getting the white ouhd with the tobacco as a backdrop. Not getting any rose hips I don't think. This is not sweet. It is perfumey... I wouldn't call it overly feminine but definitely not masculine. I'm at a loss. It is pleasant, but I find it difficult to describe.

i would best describe this as a fragrance driven by the white~ oud, then hint only of tobacco . rose hips is honorable mention.

out of bottle wet, this was very perfume on my skin. I'd almost guess ambergris and white sandalwood. With tobacco flower and rosehips inthe background. the white tobacco lends a creamy sweetness, like a raw cashew. the rosehips like a tight rosefruit, bud~ more green than the strong rose.

as it wears, overall it is a clean androgynous blend. enigmatic, energetic. minimalist. confident. modern. think... ambergris, white amber, white sandalwood. that type of a scent.

Oudh, rose and a touch of tobacco. This smells like rose perfume. Actually it kind of reminds me of Rose Moon or Mantle of Venus.

♔ Daisy Hilton

In the Bottle: sweet generic perfumey cologne, non offensive but it doesn’t really strike memorable- almost pleasantly generic.

Wet: This opens and blossoms beautifully sweet and creamy, a little sugary- there has to be some kind of white floral in this. I get a slight background of rose dominated by creamy, sweet. and white floral incense (is that white tobacco??)...which is strangely morphing...sour? what? Okay, weird. That creamy sweet note has morphed yet again...er... into white florals sitting in fertiliser. White tobacco in this blend also seems to amplify the resiny musk note, which ends up smelling like a lighter ethereal sandalwood. Sandalwood and oudh usually go hand in hand, and this white oudh seems to have a sandalwood like quality to it. Honestly, and as I've mentioned to others in the past prior to this review, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a mix of white sandalwood in this to create white oudh, as the pairings are quite frequent in other BPAL blends. It’s very lightly smoky, musky and warm I assume that karanones are more present in white oudh than nondescript oudh/oud/agarwood, because I detect a slight citrus note accompanying the faint woodsiness.

Drydown: The fertiliser note has faded away and a normal rose has come forth. I get a musky resiny and slightly citric tea rose, the kind that turned sour on me in Blossoming Vulva…hmm a bit of a let down. I really wish rose took a backseat and was darker, like in The White Witch, or had more depth like Eve...or even dried, like in Crucifixion or Cicuta.,, Something less pure and less dominant to let the white tobacco and white oudh shine a bit more. The tobacco in this is very light and resiny- I find it difficult to differentiate between the light resinous oudh.. I struggle to even think they’re in there as anything but a supporting note to the rosehip that strangely smells more like tea rose and rose than fruit of the rose plant on me .-.

TL;DR: Citric tea rose, white sandalwood, white florals, really nice creamy, light tobacco....and dirt ;[

I avoided getting these, because Daisy sounds awesome, and Violet will be complete fail on me due to orange blossom.But a generous friend gave me testers, so I have to try them! Hoping I don't fall madly in love with Daisy and have to get both just to have her...

Wet: Wow. That is sure soap on me! And....feces. Hmmm, maybe I don't like rosehips! Because I love tobacco and have never had issues with Oudh but this smells really terrible on me. Like jasmine when it does that cat-pee-and-feces thing. Blarg.

Dry: I don't understand how the rosehips smell so much like jasmine?? I guess I need to research that. Either way, not good on me. Cat pee/feces.