• Members
  • 3,523 posts
  • Mood:Hungry
  • SotD:Spanked
  • Rooster
  • Aries
  • United States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:45 PM

Is there a GC scent with a genuine Sakura note? The cherry that comes from almond oil doesn't play well with my skin, but I would love a cherry *blossom* note!

Have you tried Kyoto?
I have not! Thank you for the suggestion. The "anise" note scares me, but it sounds imp worthy!

Anise is definitely there but it is easy to get and test. Aizen-Myoo is easily accessible but I can't recall how much Cherry blossoms are apparent, maybe check reviews?

Other, less easy to find bpal perfumes with Sakura (but check reviews because for most of these other florals or notes are prominent and could be problematic) include Little Sister is Watching You, Hanami***, Lantern Ghost of Oiwa, Fox Woman Kuzunoha Leaving Her Child, Drum Bridge and Yuhi Hill at Meguro, First Cry of the Warbler on the Plum, Night Snow at Kambara, Voyeurs Among the Cherry Blossoms, The Elephant's Leash, Jingu, There is a Garden in Her Face, Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree, Dragon Moon 06, the Phoenix in Spring, Aphrogenes, and the Instructional Manual.

Hanami is pretty much the best Sakura scent I've found but it is getting harder to locate..

There are recommended scents in the Cherry Blossoms thread under the Recommendations section, but I summarized. Sorry, I'm on iPad and don't know how to make a link...

#1177 sylvis

sylvis

wrist-sniffing wench

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Nothing Selected
  • Nothing Selected
  • United States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:46 PM

Woah, thank you! ♥ I have an imp of Aizen-Myoo, I will give that one a test this weekend! And now I have a bunch more scents to add to my research. I feel like I have fallen down a very expensive rabbit hole lol

#1178 sprout

sprout

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 3,523 posts
  • Mood:Hungry
  • SotD:Spanked
  • Rooster
  • Aries
  • United States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:00 PM

If you are interested in branching out to other brands, asking for recommendations on the OCYL (other companies you love) thread may help you find your perfect Sakura scent. They are very helpful and friendly there.

#1179 LizziesLuck

LizziesLuck

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 4,424 posts
  • Mood:Content
  • SotD:Volcano in Sprintime
  • Ox
  • Aries
  • Canada

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:40 AM

Is there a GC scent with a genuine Sakura note? The cherry that comes from almond oil doesn't play well with my skin, but I would love a cherry *blossom* note!

Little Sister is Watching You from the Kabuki GC collection  - electric, aldehydic cherry blossom

I think that's the only other Cherry Blossom scent from the GC, other than Kyoto and Aizen-Myoo which Sprout already mentioned.

ETA: And if you decide you want to delve into LE's, here's a thread of Cherry Blossom recs - http://www.bpal.org/...ssom/?p=1505313

Edited by LizziesLuck, 24 May 2017 - 03:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users