obsessive precious hoarder

• Members
  • 1,189 posts
  • Mood:sleepy
  • Rabbit
  • Taurus
  • United States

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:11 AM

Anything similar to Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black?

#1152 Happicuppa

Happicuppa

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 4,368 posts
  • SotD:Cake Smash
  • Rat
  • Cancer
  • United States

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:23 PM

Anything similar to the 1955 perfume Intimate? Here's a description:

"Intimate by Revlon was launched in 1955 as a distinctly sexy floral - animalistic chypre fragrance. It opens with crystalline notes of aldehydes, bergamot, rose, coriander and gardenia, leading to the sensual heart of jasmine, iris root, sandalwood, cedar and patchouli and the wild base of castoreum, civet, musk, amber and oak moss."

My mom's grandma used to wear it and she was talking about it the other day.

Thanks!

#1153 InThePines

InThePines

evil enabler

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Monkey
  • Aquarius
  • United States

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:00 PM

Anything similar to the 1955 perfume Intimate? Here's a description:

"Intimate by Revlon was launched in 1955 as a distinctly sexy floral - animalistic chypre fragrance. It opens with crystalline notes of aldehydes, bergamot, rose, coriander and gardenia, leading to the sensual heart of jasmine, iris root, sandalwood, cedar and patchouli and the wild base of castoreum, civet, musk, amber and oak moss."

My mom's grandma used to wear it and she was talking about it the other day.

Thanks!

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that particular fragrance but reading the description/notes I instantly thought of Lady Death Savage (not sure if that perfume name would interest your mom though!) The notes are: White musk, grey amber, Calabrian bergamot, vanilla absolute, French labdanum, styrax, wormwood, caraway, and bois de jasmin. 

#1154 Melisssa

Melisssa

diabolical decanter

• Members
  • 878 posts
  • Mood:Sleepy
  • SotD:Katrina Van Tassel
  • Rooster
  • Libra
  • Canada

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:02 AM

I love Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon and Tokyo Milk Tainted Love. Looking for stuff that are similar!

I think you might be my scent twin! Right now I'm layering Smut and Midway...I suspect you would love that combo--though Midway is terribly hard to find. I also love the Vanilla single note, and you can layer that with anything boozy for a similar effect. Keep me posted on anything cool you discover, because I'm pretty sure I would love it too.  :wub3:

#1155 LiberAmoris

LiberAmoris

Goonies Never Say Die

• Moderators
  • 8,100 posts
  • Mood:sultry
  • SotD:Inez
  • Rabbit
  • Cancer
  • Nothing Selected

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:51 AM

If you like By Kilian's Beyond Love, try Humanite! Though they are of course not exact, the way the tuberose is used is appealingly similar.

#1156 chrisrobpers

chrisrobpers

a little too imp-ulsive

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Rat
  • Taurus
  • France

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:32 PM

Hello,

I'm looking for Bpals that remind me of anything similar to Egoïste from Chanel but the very first version ? (my bottle dates of 1990) Here's a description:

Head : Tangerine, Rose Wood, Coriander
Heart : Turkish rose, Carnation, Cinnamon

Base : New Caledonia Sandalwood, Madagascar Vanilla and ambrette

Thanks! :thumbsup:

#1157 slyvanestra

slyvanestra

casual sniffer

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Mood:Sniffly
  • SotD:Seraphim
  • Pig
  • Pisces
  • United States

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

Forgive me if this one has been mentioned before.  This is a very long thread to read through!

There was a scent that Hot Topic used to carry back in the day.  I believe it was an Amy Brown Fairy based one called 'Fire Dance', or 'Fire Dancer', something of that nature.  it was many, many years ago, but I held onto the bottle for quite some time because it was so warm and spicy, but not at all harsh or masculine.  Morocco reminds me of it a little, though I seem to recall 'Fire Dance' having more clove or cinnamon perhaps, something else sharp in it that Morocco lacks a little, but the sweetness and depth is nearly the same.

Has anyone any suggestions for what might come close? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users