Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
PersimmonSeeds

Bride and Groom perfume gifts?

I have a wedding to go to on June 11th and the bride is a very dear child hood friend. She is just as weird as me!

I have been eyeing my precious bottle of The Bride and thinking about giving it to her along side of her painfully normal 'adult' gift from her registry.

I love The Bride but I am thinking of giving it to her. I'm a little wary of the idea because I'm not even sure she'll like it.

And then, I would want to give her groom a bottle of something to go along with it.

I am pretty late in looking into this idea(I've been in and out of the hospital.) so I may not do it at all :(

I actually thought of hunting a bottle of Elf and Rogue down here on the forums to give to her and her groom respectfully. I obviously don't have time to order them from the lab.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

(sorry if this is a double post mods! I couldn't find anything that worked for me but I could have missed it!)

Edited by PersimmonSeeds

I love this idea! Time sensitive, yes.

Do you have two bottles of The Bride, so that you still have one if you give her one? You need to tap into your own intuition to feel if it's something that the joy of giving it feels stronger than the joy of keeping it -- and it's ok either way, it's more important to know what you will feel, so that you make the right decision.

What other GC or more-readily-findable bottles do you have (that are in good condition, good label, full) that might be appropriate, that you could then re-order from the lab or forum for yourself? I agree that symbolic is better than random scent, because you can't know what they'll like and lbr many guys won't be into it anyway but it's the symbolic side of things.

I like the idea of Elf & Rogue!

Bliss & Jolly Roger would also make a cute set, if he's a pirate guy.

Hmm. . I would say don't give up The Bride.

My theme for them would be about love, undying and passionate....I would pick the following GCs to present as a pair:

For her: Les Bijoux

For him: Golden Priapus

Very cheeky and memorable, eh? ;)

Scents are so personal, so I would hate to give something I loved so well that someone else didn't enjoy. And guys can be even more particular when it comes to the types of scents they are willing to wear. BUT it's the thought that counts, so how about trying to get her more interested in BPAL overall with an imp pack? Or maybe a gift certificate so she can shop for herself? I love giving Etsy giftcards. Good luck!

Scents have this incredible capacity to create future nostalgia for a particularly fond memory for which it was sniffed during.

I think if you match scents with something that they like but can take it and "make their own", it'll be a lot more intense and powerful, what you could incite from them- than what you would get from just picking a perfume based on

the role of a Bride. You could choose scents that you think go together that you think remind you of the bride (if you are closer to her) - that way youd have a grounding base in which to match with.

I would suggest perhaps to ask them what they like, ask about their favourite memories, etc.. if you know about their personality, the kind of scents they like, then you could tailor it more intimately and personify the perfume to greatness.

i thinks anyway

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I have decants/imps of some I think might be very suitable for their tastes(Sophie- I have imps of both of those! What a cute idea! ;) ) I wish I still had my imp of rogue, but I think I will be able to replace it.

So I think I might go with the suggestion of imp packs, maybe some that will invoke good memories! Obviously I'm trying to combine all of these good suggestions as best I can lol

I do feel like The Bride would be hard to let go, I've never smelled anything like it. I could decant a bit for her in the least. I have no idea if she'll like it, so to give her my entire bottle could indeed end up being a mistake :/

I agree with everyone else that you may want to give a selection of imps or decants if you're not already familiar with what kind of fragrances each of them likes. The Bride is beautiful and appropriate (I wore it for my wedding), but if she doesn't like honey/doesn't like vanilla/doesn't like white florals, she may almost never wear it. Better to give either a bunch of small, fun samples, or a 5ml bottle of something you're already pretty sure she'll like.

I like the idea of either pairing the imps in themed sets (Elf/Rogue, Queen of Hearts/King of Hearts, Anne Boney/Calico Jack or Mary Read/Jolly Roger, Persephone/Hades, Lilith/Old Scratch, etc.) or giving them a selection of Ars Amatoria blends with romantic or sensual names, as SophieCedar suggested.

I really like the idea of an imp pack!

Notes I think of for a groom: Chocolate (for the groom's cake!) Tobacco (cigars) Fougère (sophisticated man smell!)

Notes I think of for a bride: Vanilla (the whitest of scents!) Floral (that bouquet), Summer fruit (peach, apricot)

A general "cake" scent would also be fun.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I have decants/imps of some I think might be very suitable for their tastes(Sophie- I have imps of both of those! What a cute idea! ;) ) I wish I still had my imp of rogue, but I think I will be able to replace it.

So I think I might go with the suggestion of imp packs, maybe some that will invoke good memories! Obviously I'm trying to combine all of these good suggestions as best I can lol

I do feel like The Bride would be hard to let go, I've never smelled anything like it. I could decant a bit for her in the least. I have no idea if she'll like it, so to give her my entire bottle could indeed end up being a mistake :/

Excellent! yay! Imp sets sound wonderfully cute, especially attached to their standard gift in a pretty little bag with a bow ;). That'll make em go ooohhh I want a bottle of that! hahahaaa

Best of luck and have a great time at the wedding <3