Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Effervescent, sharp, and a little bitter: pink grapefruit and champagne.

Brilliantly pink and bubbly, sugary-sweet and tangy. The head of fizz on this is filling my nose with bubbles. It has a wonderful lasting power and throws attitude everywhere around it.

sometimes the simplest things are the best. A grapefruit juice mimosa is exactly perfect.

Wow, it really does smell fizzy!
I'm getting way more champagne than grapefruit, but the grapefruit note softens the blend really nicely. This oil is sharp and strong in the bottle, but when I put it on, that initial aggressiveness gives way to something much lighter, a very pretty blend of slightly pink but mostly golden bubbles. It actually smells a lot like ginger ale to me.
Very glad to have a bottle!

Smells like grapefruit champagne. Fizzy champagne notes, bright ruby red grapefruit juice. Tart, fizzy, and very glittery. Good throw and wear length.

The lab's champagne blends never work for me. I find the champagne to have a sour, boozy, pukey undertone to it that I just find very off putting. Fizzy and clean, but soured and off as well. The pink grapefruit makes it more tart than usual, but the whole thing fades very fast on me, not lasting over an hour.

Wet: Man I love the Lab's champagne note! But grapefruit is rarely my friend. This is going horribly bitter yet though, just clean and bright and fruity and effervescent. Yum!

Dry: I LIKE this. I did not expect to. But somehow the champagne note makes the grapefruit turn out ok on me. It's totally wearable. Fresh, clean and effervescent. Very grateful to the lovely who frimped me some of this. <3

SO BUBBLY. Bright yet bitter! I had to try this since I enjoy the lab's champagne note, and this does not disappoint. Whatever the equivalent of a mimosa is but with grapefruit juice, this is it. I'm surprised that my skin isn't eating it up, which is a nice surprise. It's so odd to me how wearable the bitter grapefruit is though. This is going to be a fun Sunday Brunch scent!

Good throw though almost a touch too much for my nose, good longevity too.