Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A volcanic swirl of colors: yellow jasmine, green mint, black patchouli, white sandalwood, and red poppy with rivulets of volcanic red pepper musk and a blast of sulphur.

Oh goodness, I've never been first to review anything... well, here goes.

When I got this fresh out of the mail, it was all jasmine, all the time, and while I don't mind jasmine, I was disappointed to find that it was all SN in the bottle as well as on me. However, I told myself to let it settle for a few days, and by now, I'm getting the following:

In the bottle: Still very, VERY jasmine, but you can tell something is lurking behind it, and there's a sharp overtone to it (probably from the pepper musk).

On: Once it has dried, the other notes come forward a bit more - the patchouli, sandalwood and poppy don't stand out as distinct, but provide a depth that the jasmine note really needs to be kept from screaming. The base reminds me a bit of Languor, perhaps due to the poppy (I haven't had enough poppy blends to where I would be able to tell red from black, but it's somehow very calming). There is a hint of an edge from the pepper musk peeking through once in a while, as well as tiny glimmers of freshness that might be the mint (though it doesn't register as "minty" beyond that freshness). The only thing that's definitely AWOL on me is the sulphur. Wear length seems to be medium-ish - it doesn't stick around forever/overnight, but it also doesn't go poof after only an hour or two.

I like it as it is right now, but I'm hoping that aging it a bit more will strengthen the non-jasmine notes even further. I'll hold on to my bottle and see what happens!

Jasmine, sandalwood, patchouli and musk. This one has a bit of Gaiman's War in it, with a heavy dose of patchouli and jasmine. It's red-blooded jasmine and very in your face. Great throw and wear length.

It does seem like a swirl at the start, opening with jasmine and mint, then taken over by jasmine with some patchouli. Drydown feels like poppy and sweet musk. If there's any sandalwood it's too well blended to tell. I bought it because of "red pepper musk" but I didn't get anything that felt like that. Overall, it's jasmine scent first and foremost.

Edited by Convallaria