Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Cardinal fire: the essence of identity. An energizing blend that fosters willpower and helps bolster your spirit when your enthusiasm for life is on the wane. Perfect for initiating new projects, increasing momentum, and forcing yourself to explore your own boundaries.

Dragon’s blood resin, wild gingergrass, black pepper, red musk, red sandalwood, rue, and basil.

The red musk is strong in this blend! A little gingery, with just a hint of sandalwood. This is my first time trying Dragon's Blood resin, and I love it. I feel like I almost smell a little rosemary in this, but that must be the rue or basil. Anyway this is a great, resiny blend that I think will get a lot of use.

I love red musk anything and I am a Aries so I had to pick this up regardless.

The red musk is strong and so is the red sandalwood in the bottle and I was very happy no dragon's blood was super apparent. On the skin though the dragon's blood does come out, thankfully though it stays nice mixed in with the heaviness of the musk and sandalwood. I have 0 idea what gingergrass smells like so I can't tell if it's coming out or not. The black pepper gives it a spice and I do smell basil a little bit on the dry down but it's not overwhelming or kitchen spice-y.

It's a deep blend that smells heavy yet light at the same time. It's very meditative and otherworldly to me and I can see myself just wanting to wear it when I want to be in a deep thought. Very nice!

As an Aries I felt it was my duty to purchase this for my birthday.

I have a bottle of the previous Aries scent that I purchased from a forumite a while ago. The aged, old version has this bite and vicious quality to it, like dragons fire. Its extremely heavy on the pepper and ginger.

However this new formula is lovely and I have to restrain myself from constantly sniffing my wrists. In the bottle I detect the red musk, the dragons blood and a hint of spice. Its warm and full and lush. On the skin the sandalwood comes out to play and I can smell the herbs a bit more, rue and rosemary especially. My skin loves to drink up dragons blood, but in this blend theres a hint that stays. I am thrilled!

This is one Ill be coming back to again and again. Might have to splurge for another bottle.

Edited by Joyleaf_

I'm an Aries (through and through!) so I just had to have this, plus I adore red musk.

Wet: Lots of dragon's blood on me. The red musk is evident as well, and the pepper. I am really liking this. It is such a RED scent. The pepper with the resin is amazing, and the musk in the background....it's just the right amount of sweet.

Dry: I get it. I get why this is Aries. It's sweet, but fiery. A bit sultry. Intriguing. The Dragon's Blood is most prominent on me, but it's nicely balanced with the spices and musk. The sandalwood keeps it grounded. It's not too sweet like DB sometimes is on me. Really well blended, and I am glad to have it.

Dragon's blood, red musk, red sandalwood. It's hot, red, and predominantly floral spicy musky. Decent throw and wear length.

Dragon's blood if more flower than resin in this one, as opposed to Ifrit. And a pinch of pepper. First few seconds can be spicy, depending on the weather, but it goes "bloody" soon enough. Drydown is dragon's blood, red musk and sweet sandalwood. Decent wear length.

Edited by Convallaria

I think that this is my favorite of the Zodiac blends, but I like red & spicy. The red musk is strong, warm and sweetly musky (and fruity smelling, always makes me think of red wine). It has a red, glowing, floral edge from the dragon's blood. As it dries down, I can smell a sharp spiciness from the black pepper and a warm, dry wood from the sandalwood, but it's mostly a lovely swirl of red musk and dragon's blood.

I can smell all of the individual ingredients, and they blend so well together. I think Little Bird nailed it, it's musky and peppery, with hints of sandalwood and dragon's blood. Not my usual kinda thing, but nice nonetheless.

In the decant: Dragon's blood, and some unidentifiable thing -- or, rather, a myriad of things -- working to temper the dragon's blood's sweetness. 

On my skin:

Wet, aside from the dragon's blood, the first things I can pick out are the gingergrass and the rue. Something is also definitely very tingly, which might be the black pepper or the dragon's blood itself. As it dries, the red musk comes out to play, and so does the black pepper. The rue recedes back into the blend, possibly along with the basil, as some "not sweet" scents. 

Given time to warm and develop on my skin,  the dragon's blood dies down from prominence. I get a throw that's mostly red musk, and a skin scent that's primarily gingergrass, possibly backed by sandalwood, and definitely interspersed with a shot of black pepper. It's a very interesting and fiery scent, for sure. That said, it also feels a bit more on the traditionally masculine side than I prefer to wear in perfumes. So for this Leo, it was a fond experiment, but a no-go. ;)

Wore this by itself yesterday and with Thorns Clove Cigarette layered on today.  On its own, this is a really slow-to-develop, slowly morphing amazing red musk with spice and a gentle sweet incense note from the dragon's blood.  This reminds me so much of Fire HG!  To amp the heat even more, layered it with Thorns Clove Cigarette today and now it's almost like a perfume version of Fire HG.