Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
matcha505

Smell like a Greenhouse

I just tried Druid and it could definitely be like a greenhouse, you should add it to your list-of-many-possibilities! I don't normally like the dirt scents, so I don't have a lot of recs in that regard, but wanted to rec Druid your way. :)

Oh man, I love that scent category! Here's what comes to mind:

Witch-Cursed Castle (The Last Unicorn)

Hagsgate (The Last Unicorn)

Smite All Thy Borders With Frogges (LE)

Virgo 2007 (LE)

A Tremor Upon the Lips (LE)

The Norn's Farmhouse (Neil Gaiman)

Jasmine Cottage (Neil Gaiman)

Any version of Planting Moon (including the prototype) are also great, though those smell more vegetal and less like stems or flowers. Same for the LEs Garden of Death, Breathless Horror, Solitary and Abhorred, Mandrake Charm, and the DC'd GC blend Mandrake.

Burial (deep, brooding forest scents, including juniper and patchouli. The scent of upturned cemetery loam mingling with floral offerings to the dead.)

I vaguely remember feeling that way about The Apothecary (Tea leaf with three mosses, green grass, a medley of herbal notes, and a drop of ginger and fig.). But it's been a LOOOONG time.

Thanks for the recommendations! I love the dirt and moss descriptions... do these have a good floral scent to them as well? And how do I find Planting Moon?

Possibly Jazz Funeral? My memories of it are sweet, green, and spicy, but it does have a dirt note..

Description:

Bittersweet bay rum, bourbon, and a host of funeral flowers with a touch of graveyard dirt, magnolia and Spanish Moss.

Thanks for the recommendations! I love the dirt and moss descriptions... do these have a good floral scent to them as well? And how do I find Planting Moon?

Well, I seem to amp the "tree" quality in Burial more than the flowers or dirt, but YMMV!

Love Makes Monsters of Us All (soil and rot and the heat of rage, blood-smeared musk and sharp decay) has a wonderfully fresh soil note that layers beautifully with The Ghastly Garden (overgrown oleander, marshy water hemlock, the sugared nectar of carnivorous blooms, putrefying wet greenery, oozing sap, crushed rosary peas, withered climbing roses, and nightshade berries), which I think may be kind of what you're looking for. Ghastly Garden is one of my all time BPAL faves and when I tried LMMOUA I immediately thought of how good the soil note would be with it. The combo just screams 'evil greenhouse' to me...

As far as Planting Moon, check out the forum sales/swaps section. It's pretty rare though, when I did a search for it I didn't come up with much. Sorry, that's likely not very helpful...

Not a rec, since I haven'tried it yet, but maybe Gorg's Garden? I want to try that one because I think it would be amazing to smell like my garden.

I second Hagsgate

Amsterdam

I too should like to smell like greenhouse. I have trouble with a lot of the Luisiana earth scents because jasmine, rose, and most gardenia turns foul on me. I really liked grave pig for awhile, but this year it turned a bit plastic/mold on me (probably stress) Belladonna has a good strong bitter evil green scent.

Here's one Elmwood Cemetery. It is very lush, sharp green. Beautiful and evocative, all green to me no dirt.

The most greenhouse, or florist shop to me is Dawn, Mourning Victory, which does not smell like a typical floral to me, but more like that smell you get when you open a florist's fridge. To me, that could be greenhouse.

Edited by stellamaris

Will reiterate the recommendation for Planting Moon; it definitely smells like a spring garden in bloom.

Some others that flirt with garden scents or freshly cut greenery:

Witch-cursed Castle
Orc
Heinous Hedge Maze
Carlin

Pumpkin Vines

Edited by nathanielhebert

To me, Envy smells like a greenhouse or a plant shop, but without the dirt. Only the 'green' part.

You might also look on Black Phoenix's Etsy site for discontinued bottles. The company destashes their vintage bottles, and of course, there's always E-bay.

For GC recs, I second Deep in Earth. It smells like roses and damp earth. Jasmine Cottage is pretty and equal parts floral and green to my nose. No earth though.

I'll agree with Druid being in the right direction, though I will note on my skin it doesn't last very long at all. Could work better for you though! Let us know if you get a hold of what you are looking for. I would actually love something earthy and floral myself.