Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ashinros

Imp and Bottle Cap Issues (breakage, leakage)

I just had this happen to my imp of Snake Oil I just got. I can't figure out to do with it...don't want to throw it away but it leaks if it's not sitting perfectly upright.

I've also had an issue with an imp cap (Spellbound) from an order that arrived in January shearing off on first use like you all described.

I could smell snake oil in my handbag all day today and I took out my imp to realise that the plastic part of the imp was split open and i have no snake oil left whatsoever inside. (Bought last month). Actually I'm incredibly gutted about this because i only got to try it out on my skin once. All the other imps i ordered seem to be fine though so not really sure why this happened.

This is starting to look like a trend. The same thing happened to me with frimps of Saturnalia and Rakshasa that came to me in February from the Trading Post.

The top of the cap of my frimp of Dracul just popped off leaving the top of the imp open and the bottom part of the cap still inside the top of the tube, which I think is what has been described upthread. This frimp was included in my April order. It's a frimp, and I really don't care too much about it, but I'm reporting here because I think the Lab got a bad batch of imp caps, as I have never had a problem previously and this is the third one (only from recent orders, mind) that has done this exact thing.

I haven't had a leaky bottle or imp cap issue in a long time, but I completely sympathize! I would encourage all of you to be sure to let the Lab know via e-mail. They don't have enough staff to constantly monitor threads like this one, but if you let them know when you received the order with the leaky imp (and I promise, it doesn't matter if it was an imp you bought or a frimp) they may be able to check their stock and prevent more faulty caps from getting out there. They are completely dependent upon the QC at the bottle supplier - imagine the expense if they were to have to test every container they buy before filling it - and it is helpful to them to know when something like this happens.

I just found this thread! Sadly, like someone here said, the cap on my imp of Snake Oil snapped as well! Even though I will most likely end up buying a full size, it's still a little sad since I either need to store this imp separately and upright now, or use it all up instead of letting it age. Hopefully, future batches of imps won't be so faulty. Normally, this hasn't even been a problem. I only noticed it recently...my older imps are all fine.

My imp of Fenris Wolf (arrived 05/13/2016) had a slice in the cap. When I remove the cap it cleaved off, leaving a ring around the neck of the imp. Fortunately I had a tiny glass bottle I could transfer most of it over to. I might swing into the craft store and pick up some extra tiny bottles in case any others show up damaged.

I was recently looking at imps I had just received with some bptp/bpal orders in the past few months to sell them here. I picked up an imp of Euphrosyne I had never even opened before to sniff it and make sure it wasn't something I wanted to keep and it's like as I was wiggling the cap the top part peeled off leaving the actual little wand inside and a small ring left on the top of the vial? (sort of similar to what happened to AernJardos I guess). I don't have anything to transfer it to so I don't know what to do with it. I'd hate to just trash it.

I bought a bunch of vials on Amazon because a friend and I were having cap issues and also going to decant amongst ourselves, but have plenty more than I need. I found myself trying to see I could get away with mailing a single empty vial in an envelope for the cost of a stamp. Alas, my understanding is I'm looking at around $2.75 for shipping because of the shape of the object. Am I wrong?

I'm a little hesitant to suggest this because the lab is already extremely generous with their imps (and generally feel bratty even hinting at how someone should run a business when I have no idea how that works), but here goes... Would it be feasible to add empty vials to the lab store (priced approximately at cost?) that can be added to orders including minimum X vials or somesuch, at least until the issue is resolved? I am sure more of us would purchase empty vials on our own dime, if not for the fact that the tiny quantities an individual (who doesn't decant) aren't cost-effective.

Thoughts?

Wow, surprised at how many of this i'm seeing. It's the same issue too.

Make sure you email the lab about this, even if it's "just a frimp". I think it's important they know how prevalent the issue is so they can track down the supplier and what's affected.

This seems like a separate issue and it confuses me thoroughly... I opened one of my flip-top ammo boxes and noticed 4-5 oily rings inside the lid. Although there is nothing visibly wrong with the caps, they appear to be oozing oil out their tops, one of these enough to form a drip when the lid is open and make the entire cap seem stained yellow. The mouth of the vials seem fine, and none of the labels have gotten oily.

I don't quite understand how this would happen, especially as the ammo case sits upright inside a dresser drawer and does not get disturbed save for when I open it.

I recently had the same issue as everyone has been describing, only one imp out of a bunch though. At least so far. And luckily (or not so luckily) it was a scent I liked, so I didnt mind it spilling out over all of my luggage.

Boo, I just had this happen to me for the first time, with an imp of Snake Oil! Fortunately I had some spare imps and a pipette, and managed to save 2/3 of the imp and smear the spill over my shirt, but still. Cap broke clean off and left a ring inside the imp, as described above.