Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ryan Hemphill

Dragon's Bone(r)

We possess a very sophisticated sense of humor! Dragons blood resin, white cream, pear blossom, and white honey.

On me this is a very sweet, strong dragon's blood resin. Not getting a lot of cream or honey- but I can see how everything ties in together. I get an inscensy vibe from it. There's a slight simlilarity to Midnight on the Midway on drydown. Reminds me of a local shop full of candles, inscense, powders, lotions, and other lovely things. Totally wearable and looks to be a keeper!

Well, this one has taught me that the dragon's blood note really isn't for me. It tends to go soapy on me, and while this one goes a little soapy, it is still a very pretty scent with the pear blossom and foodie elements coming out as it dries down, but the dragon's blood overwhelms those notes on me for the most part. I wanted something a little more foodie.

Dragon's blood and white honey. The cream isn't really prominent. I enjoy this. But I think aging it will make it spectacular.

This is fabulous! At first it is really strong. Just a tiny drop seemed like almost too much.

Once dry it resolves itself into a lovely clear dragon's blood with the lilac undertone that DB can sometimes have. This smells similar to straight-up dragon's blood but on my skin, better.

The honey is behaving. I can smell it here but it is just mingling with the DBR, sweetening it a little. I was worried that this would be too sweet but it isn't. It does not seem to me to be a creamy scent. On my skin it smells amazing when I sniff my wrist directly as well as wafting in the air.

The honey is stronger after an hour or so. It is a cool, pale honey note.

This is a weird little critter. If you've tried the unreleased "Dragon's Pecker", Boner comes across as the female counterpart. Not that it's a particularly girly scent, despite the sweetness. It's sweet, sure, but it feels more... Dragon's blood, freshy laundered sheets (in the hopes of getting laid that night), a dash of last night's perfume, and an underlaying... boy... smell... from the evening's frolics.

This is a perfect Dragon's Blood scent. The DB in this reminds me very much of Dragon's Reverie, for which I am eternally grateful.

Completely delicious, one of those can't-stop-sniffing-my-arm scents. It's exactly what I was hoping for: Dragon's Milk but sexier. Wet, it smells exactly like Dragon's Milk on me (dragon's blood, cream, and honey), but with an undercurrent of what reminded me of Snake Oil, although that's not listed. It must be something about the way resins react with my skin. I don't really get pear, but I get complete yumminess! :yum:

This has a similar vibe as Dragons Milk but WOW its really good! The creamy-honey sweetness is fantastic with the Dragons Blood Resin, and once it dries on my skin it becomes slightly smoky......but I think that may be the resin, as that happened when I tested Dragons Milk and Dragons Bone. I would very much like a backup of this!

This is SUPER faint on me, so I'm not sure I'm very good at picking out the notes.

It is sweet from the honey and a little sort of floral-ly, maybe from the dragon's blood resin. I'm getting a teensy bit of pear if I really concentrate.

It's a very nice scent, but I can almost not smell it on my skin, so I won't be needing more of it.

I expected this to be like Dragon's Milk, and it is, but it's much more airy and floral. This is first and foremost a dragon's blood scent which always smells a bit like cherry floral incense to me. The pear blossom brings out a general sense of spring-like floral fragrance and a gentle undercurrent of honey and cream keeps everything smooth and sweet.

Clean, sweet, and gentle. Low throw and much less obtrusive than Dragon's Milk. This may require a bottle.

I strongly prefer Dragon's Milk for a dragon's blood, cream and honey fragrance. Dragon's Boner is more soapy, watery and floral on me than foodie. I don't smell any honey or cream in this. It did remind me to buy a backup of Dragon's Milk, though.

I have to admit, I would have gotten this for the name alone, even if the listed notes hadn't been ones I really liked. As it is, these notes are all ones that I like and generally have good luck with.

Wet: To my nose, the Lab has more than one Dragon's Blood note. This is what I consider to be the "floral" one. It's very sweet, a bit heady, and almost bubblegummy, but that could be psychological because the colour of the oil is a sort of bubblegum pink. It settles fairly quickly though and it's a really rich floral Dragon's Blood. Sadly not picking up much of the other notes, though I do like it.

Dry: Still all floral Dragon's Blood. It's really pleasant, but not very unique on my skin chemistry. I was hoping for more of the cream and honey to come through.

This went totally acrid on me almost immediately. I blame the cream note (it reminds me of the time I tried on Katrina van Tassel) but I've been told by other BPAL friends that this could've also been the honey note. Either way, it's totally unwearable for me, so to the swaps!

This is almost pure dragon's blood on me, though oddly, it isn't as sweet as the other dragon's blood blends that I've tried. You'd think the other notes would sweeten it, but they seem to have the opposite effect. This is more like the smoke from actual burning dragon's blood incense. It's quite nice, if a little bitter!

This IS straight from the mail, though, so I'll have to test again after it settles some.

On me, this is strong dragon's blood resin, waaaaaaaay too heady...and I just put one little drop on my wrist! :eek:

Bottle: Dragon's Blood has the tendency to be either really awesome or not agree with me at all. This is the former kind thankfully! It comes out sweet and has that cherry-like quality to it. I'm also getting a creamy honey sweetness, which reminds me a little of The Vine. Plus the bottle art is just too hilarious!

Wet: This is decidedly less sweet now, and takes on a bit of spice, maybe incense. I can smell the pear now, which is probably what was reminding me of The Vine in the bottle.

Dry: Doesn't change much from the wet stage, except that the pear is decidedly floral instead of fruity. The throw isn't huge at all, which is quite nice because it's warm and comforting, like a personal scent that you'd only want to let someone very close notice. Everything mingles very nicely so that no single note is too prominent.

Verdict: I won't be needing a bottle of this, as it's a bit too floral for me, and The Vine is my go-to for creamy pear scents. I was hoping that the Dragon's Blood would amp a little more and stay true to the bottle scent. As it is, it's very delicate and subtle, lovely for Spring. Might get another decant.

In the decant: This smells good! I mostly smell the dragon's blood and the cream/honey with maybe some subtle floral in there. I like the fruit blossoms because they tend to be gentle and not cloying.

On my skin: I haven't tried Dragon's Milk in a while, but I remember it being somewhat similar to this. Which is not a big surprise as they share several notes (except that this one has the pear blossom and cream instead of vanilla). Dragon's blood resin often has a kind of floral quality to my nose anyway, and here it seems to be combining with the pear blossom to give a light, lilac-ish springy floral. It's kind of like a combination of Dragon's Milk and the (sadly DCed) Dragon's Eye.

As it starts to dry down, this is having an almost scorched or toasty smell to it on my skin. I can't remember if I've gotten this from other dragon's blood scents in the past, but maybe. That smell seems to come and go...sometimes I smell it and sometimes I don't.

Dry, the floral notes have mostly faded out and leave behind the resin, cream and honey. I do like this, but I think overall I prefer Dragon's Milk.

I love dragon's blood as a note, and Dragon's Milk is one of my favorite GCs.

Unfortunately, for me the comparison is unfavorable. I find this a slightly floral, muddled version of Dragon's Milk, and it honestly just makes me wish I were wearing that instead. I find it less sweet and heady than that scent; a little sharper and lighter. If that sounds appealing to you, you might find this an alternative to Dragon's Milk. They're definitely in the same family of scents!

It seems I'm the oddball here. This is definitely not light or floral on me at all. In the bottle it definitely is, but on my skin it turns to food. It's thick creamy honey. I think I've found my seduce the man scent. I may need a backup.

This is gorgeous and amazing! I love honey added into anything but pear can put me off? But this combo is amazing with only a few days left I am really considering a back up in case it does not come back next year. The throw is incredible. I forgot how thin the consistency of DB can be sometimes so I ended up with a lot more on me than I intended but I got SO many compliments today. Plus DB stuff always gets better with age. I'm so glad I got this one. Beautiful blend. Also it's lasting forever with a lingering strong incense note that DB does to me.

Edited by verystarry

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet...I'm pretty sure I haven't reviewed a lot of the things I've gotten from the Lab of late, but to forget this one, I feel I'm doing it a disservice.

Dragon's Boner is a lovely scent, and I'm very glad I blind-bought it on the notes (and the bottle art; I admit I've got a silly, dirty sense of humor) alone. Dragon's blood tends to be agreeable for me in general, but this is the first time I've gotten the "flowery" kind I see so many folks mention on the forums. It's very bright, and to me seems a bit like...freesia? Or maybe that's it in tandem with the pear blossom? All I know is, it's not quite the lilac people often say, but definitely a flower. I notice it both in the bottle and on my skin, though the latter also brings out this wonderful creamy sweetness of the honey and cream notes that somehow makes me think of a cup of tea, even without the tea notes. Not too sweet, but very warm and a bit heady. I love the throw, and it's a scent I don't find too heavy for everyday, nor too average to wear for a night out.

Love this, and I shall hoard this one bottle with all the greed of a proper dragon until it comes again. :D

Decant: WOAH! Creamy sweet dragon's blood
Wet On me: Raid with sweet cream
Drying Down: sweet RAID Why does Dragon's Blood go to RAID on my askin?
Dry: Sweet Creamy RAID. I know exactly who I am giving this too!

This is an odd, little scent.

Creamy, floral dragon's blood with the barest hint of pear.

I don't get any honey but I do get a general sweetness that I assume is coming from the Honey note.

I wasn't expecting to like this but I ended up really digging it.

Creamy, sweet, fruity-floral dragon's blood resin. If you are not a lover of dragon's blood, Dragon's Bone® is not the scent that is going to make you change your mind. It seems more floral than Dragon's Milk, which to my tastes is not an improvement, so despite the wonderful name, I'll be passing this along to someone who may enjoy it more.