Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Black amber, Ceylon cinnamon, Somalian myrrh, and pale incense laced with star anise.

Very much star anise over a lovely myrrh and a hint of cinnamon. It's quite close to skin, which is odd for me (I amp most of these notes). I think this one is going to need some time to smooth out - I'm going to hold onto it and see if the anise will quiet a little over time.

My skin is really amping up the cinnamon in this (my skin loves cinnamon to death).
On me, Maidens is a sweet, buttery cinnamon with undertones of warm, resinous amber and sweet myrrh. Very warm, spicy and sweet. My husband thought that it smelled like buttered cinnamon toast. I can barely smell any anise/licorice, but there's a hint of a darker, slightly herbal note after about an hour of wear. Still, mostly cinnamon.

Whoa. Could this be the only perfume where anise works on my skin??? I know I compare lots of perfumes to each other and as much as I dislike doing it, this is reminding me of SL Rousse like crazy!!! They smell similar but the sparkly vibe is the same. Oh dear...if you avoid anise (like I do) this might just be the exception. Wow.

Edited by Herb Girl

From first sniff to drydown, this is pretty much cinnamon incense, grounded by amber. As I expected, the cinnamon causes slight irritation to my skin when first applied. That irritation quickly goes away, and I think that, as with other BPAL cinnamon blends, a few months of aging would eliminate it entirely. I can hardly pick out the star anise, which is a bit of a disappointment; I was hoping it would be more prominent.

Maidens in Repose reminds me of Sin, though without the patchouli and not nearly as strong. It’s a snuggly skin scent that makes me think of incense-scented cookies.

Cinnamon, myrrh, and incense. This is pretty much an incense, myrrh and cinnamon blend. Golden, fumey. Good throw and wear length.

Maidens in Repose lasted 2 hours tops on my skin. It's a Cinnamon-myrh-amber blend. I feel like the Lab has similar blends in their General Catalogue, so it's a pass for me.

The myrrh is stronger than the amber on me. I think it will read as "musky" to someone who doesn't know perfume notes. It has a little bit of a "head shop" vibe but in a less-obvious way than a patchouli scent might. The cinnamon is very mild, if I wear this I will layer it with Bengal which I find a little innocent and sweet on its own.

Maidens in Repose wears close to the skin but it is tenacious. I wore it to bed and could still smell a bit of myrrh and amber in the morning which is very rare for my perfume-devouring skin.

I love how this goes with my Body Shop Argan Oil products, will keep using my decant and consider tracking down a bottle.

Edited by Myrrha

In the imp, I got amber, myrrh, and cinnamon, and I was quite excited for Maidens in Repose. But on my skin it goes through a soapy phase that lasts about half an hour. The pale incense, maybe? I can still smell the cinnamon, but it's overwhelmed, and the star anise is not apparent to my nose. It finally settles into an enjoyable cinnamon-amber-incense scent, but there's still a hint of soapiness. I'm so glad I got to try it, but this one is just not working with my skin chemistry.

Gave this a blind try before bed. I could smell the anise and cinnamon in the imp, but once on my skin it was pure gorgeous amber-touched myrrh incense. And I could still smell a hint of it on my skin 12 hours later! A bit disappointed in the lack of cinnamon, but this will do wonderfully when I'm really craving resins and don't want anything fancy.