Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White juniper, Italian cypress, and yew bush brushed by a veil of white rose, oudh, armoise, lavender, and vanilla sandalwood.

the invitation is a bright and pretty juniper blend. juniper is the the only note that sticks out on its own. everything else just swirls together perfectly.
this reminds me of the bptp hg, sleeping at the feet of the snow queen, only this is is clean and bright, lacking the smokey tobacco from the other.

it's not a scent that I think of as being sexy or seductive, but I can't deny as I huff my wrist that it is inviting. intriguing and beautiful. :heart:

In the bottle: Juniper berries and sweet yew.

Wet on my skin: The same as in the bottle.

Dry: This is a cool, pale green, almost aquatic feeling scent. I'm actually a bit perplexed, as the ingredients are pretty foresty-floral, but I'm mostly getting cool, clean, almost-soapy herbal aquatic. It's actually quite lovely, despite being a bit more floral than I was expecting, but I'm still hoping that some aging will draw out the greenery a bit more. The juniper in this smells like plump, juicy juniper berries rather than the green branches, and beneath that, the rose, sweet yew needles/leaves, and soft lavender are most prominent. The vanilla and white rose are indeed a veil, cooling the feel of the whole thing and taking it from foresty green to pale, misty aqua in colour.

Invitation is such an interesting scent...that juniper, cypress, and yew combo makes the first few minutes of this scent like walking through a grove of evergreens. The white rose and lavender chime in next, but they're hidden a bit under boughs of evergreens. The oudh and vanilla sandalwood pipe up later on the drydown. The lavender and vanilla and woods make this a very relaxing scent, and I'd absolutely wear this as a sleep oil.

This starts out very heavy on the juniper, with something lemon-y that I can't place - the roses or the woods, maybe? Within half an hour, it is straight up aquatic/forest laundry detergent on me. I think the flowers are turning into soap, and the juniper is making it sweet and fresh. I wish this had worked on me.

Rose, lavender, gin and a touch of wood. It's a bright, rosy juniper blend. Delicate and floral at the same time. Good throw, good wear length.

FINALLY a lavender scent that's the sleepy, clean, beautiful smell I've been looking for.

You can almost feel the coldness on the back of your throat, if this is a forest it's a winter one. All the "green" notes are very nice. It is a GHOST of aquatic soap, but so, so light and very close to the skin. Maybe it's the rose and vanilla sandalwood keeping this so pretty?

This is the room when a husband has just hopped out of the shower at the beach.

Um, this makes me feel like a very sexy, calm, clean gentleman. Keeping this one. .______. Yes.

On me, this is soapy rose and cool evergreen, drying down to a soapy lavender and powdery sandalwood with a hint of sharp rose. Too much soap for me.

In the decant: Evergreen and...Apple cider spices? I would probably have guessed this was a Yule. If I keep sniffing it, I do get some whiffs of florals and a kind of herbalness. It's one of those blends that's kind of hard to pin down just by sniffing in the decant--I get "bits" of different notes on different sniffs.

On my skin: After a minute or so this resolves into a somewhat spicy lavender. Maybe "spicy" is the wrong word -- it doesn't smell like any actual spices, but it's aromatic in the same way spices are aromatic if that makes any sense. I think it's the woods mixing with the lavender. When I first put this on I thought it smelled somewhat like a potpourri blend, but THEN it started to smell more like a manly aftershave or cologne, and NOW it's kind of a mix between those two, which is interesting.
I feel like this scent is the baby of Mr. Yule and Mrs. Luper, or something. The woods and sweet floral notes are combining in a slightly odd, but pleasant way. I agree with the other reviewers who say it smells relaxing. I didn't buy a bottle, but I'm glad I tried it.

Retesting Lupers from last year because I cannot remember them at all. This is such a unique scent--one of the reasons I'm always curious to sniff various blends, even if they don't sound like something I would wear. Wet it is a strangely sharp and astringent evergreen, which I am attributing to the lavender's influence. As it dries, the sharpness fades somewhat, though it remains a very assertive scent, and the rose melds into the lavender and wood. Ultimately, it gets a bit muddled and soapy on me. I think the rose + sandalwood + lavender just can't figure out what to do, but that first blast of scent is so intense that I'm glad I got to test it.