Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
verystarry

Cold and Bleak Hair Gloss

Salt-tears and dew drops drizzling onto oudh-limned white gardenia.

I smell nothing but what I assume to be Oudh. It's woody smelling and I guess salty? But basically I hate it. Such a bummer I don't get any gardenia it just smells like icky wood. My partner likes it for his hair so it's not a total loss but. I'm pretty bad at describing this I guess because it just smells very unpleasant to me will be able to capture the notes better if they get this !

On my hair, this is all lovely, creamy gardenia. I'm not sure if I"m picking up any oudh, as I'm not completely familiar with that note. There is also something aquatic around the edges that just makes it quite fresh and "rainy"-smelling, if that makes sense. This scent reminds me of spring.

This is a gorgeous white floral and my favorite of the Snow Queen hair glosses this year.

Before I start- I put a little on my skin as my hair doesn't do well with oils/glosses. That said....

GARDENIA GARDENIA GARDENIA GARDENIA. Oh here is a tiny bit of what i guess is satly oud. It plays surprisingly well with the GARDENIA GARDENIA GARDENIA GARDENIA.

Joking aside, it really does! And while the smell is 99% floral, that 1% really adds to the scent as a whole. I'm not a gardenia person, but I still can't bring myself to hate it. That said, I'll probably be passing my mini on to someone else who is. :)

Overview: Hair gloss is a heavy, oily spray that quickly overwhelms my long, fine hair and makes it look and feel very greasy. I can't use this product anywhere but very sparingly on the ends of my hair, or else it makes my head look like an oil slick. I'm really careful with my hair and the products that I use on it. For a while, I was using this to fragrance the ends of my hair, but I find that it makes my hair fall out a lot, either from the high fragrance oil content, the heaviness of the oil itself, or something else. I wanted to love these and wanted them to work, because of the fragrances, but now I only use the hair gloss as a body mist on my arms and legs, not actually on my hair.

Fragrance review:

Creamy, white floral gardenia scented soap. Very floral, heady, lush and clean. Too floral for my tastes.

Wet gardenia with a dash of salt.

DigitalMom found it too overpowering for her tastes.

I feel like it will be perfect for summer.  Gardenia is not a smell I usually find people are wearing during this time of year.  It is loud as hell on me but it's a change from the magnolia and jasmine I tend to favor when it heats up.

I just used up a recently found decant from 2016 that had rolled to the back of the downstairs bathroom closet.  After all this time, it's an oudh-forward scent with faint aquatic & floral hints. Still wearable!