Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Wienerbrød and caramelized pecan with pearl sugar and soft cinnamon.

OOH!!
Got a bottle of this for my birthday!!

In the bottle - foody lovers, get this if you haven't already!! I get a very yummy spiced pastry. Soft cinnamon is correct.

On skin - this warms up to well...I get all the notes!! This has a medium throw on me. There is pastry and very light cinnamon. Those of you afraid of cinnamon, don't be....it is perfect! The pecans are very nice. I am not one for overly nutty scents, but this is the perfect maple-y pecan scent, but it is more gourmand than sweet.

Dry down - stays the same.... this is a keeper for sure and I bet this will age wonderfully!!!!

Edited to add that there is a hint of caramel..... oooh very glad I asked for this!

YUM. The Strange Old Woman, when wet, skews a bit almondy/cherry extract. But five minutes after application, it's a bready, pecan-studded, caramelized cinnamon roll. :eek: Mouth-wateringly delicious and true on my skin, and pairs like a dream with any of the Pecan Pie items. SO GOOD.

I'm not particularly a gourmand fan, but this scent is amazing. I'm wary of butter notes (they make me nauseous) but there's none to be found here. It starts off smelling like a bearclaw from Panera - slivered almonds, icing, pastry, and that wonderful little layer of cinnamon filling. There's also sweet, juicy cherries nearby, though they fade away quickly. As time goes on, this becomes more and more about the cinnamon. I can't really pick out the pecans, which is a shame because I love eating them, but I realize I don't necessarily have a clear bead on what they actually smell like, so that may be why I can't find them.

This is a beautiful scent; sweet, a little spicy, and so cozy. I'm glad I ordered a bottle, it will be getting much use during the colder months!

Edit: Updating to add that as the day goes on, I'm noticing more caramel, that earlier I simply wrote off as "sweetness". It's becoming a darker and richer sweetness as times passes <3

Edited by missnix

Wet: boozey caramel, with a hint of nuttiness (which is currently reading as cherry). Yum! If that cherry edge settles down this will be a real winner on me.

This is already settling nicely. I get hints of caramel and pastry, hints of cinnamon, but this is mostly lovely nuttiness. Really yummy. Hoping it doesn't go wonky or anything once dry!

Dry: Soft and lovely. A very comforting scent. Cinnamon, pastry and caramelized nuts. Really nice. A keeper for me! A must for foodies who also like cinnamon!

This is all cinnamon and caramel pecans on me which is amazing and so yummy. There's a little but of the pastry there - but I amp cinnamon and caramel most.

It's a surprising gamble that paid off since sugar and caramel can be bad on my skin.

It does feel a little almond/cherry/marzipan when wet but that disappeared quickly.

This is my most foodie perfume and I love it.

This perfume is crazy and fun. In a way it reminds me of Drink Me, as it keeps changing its mind on what I am going to smell like.

First hits the skin -- cherry almond (yum). Then a few minutes later its cinnamon (uh-oh, my death note but its soft). A few minutes later I am a praline, caramel nut. And that is where I stay, though perhaps getting more mapley over the hours. I even woke up mapely the next day, so long lasting foodie fest madness to be sure. :)

This was a darker and mysterious foodie on me. It had almost a dirty note to it but not dirt. Maybe the cinnamon. I loved the nuttiness of it though. I could smell the sugar very lightly as well. I do wish the sugar note was stronger though. Oddly my skin ate this up so fast! And the reviews all said it was long lasting but sadly not on me. :( Strange indeed. Swapped it off.

Bready, pecan studded cinnamon roll. Take those deliciously evil rolls from Cinnabon and top them with gloriously cinnamony pecans.

This smells like food. Good throw, good wear length.

And if you EVER wanted to smell like a nutty Cinnabon. Here you go.

Yes Winning!!! Delicious lovely and good, reminds me in some places of Sweet Lavinia's Risalamade (sp?), Pepper and Scrappy Damsel.

Excellent, delicious, very wearable.

I nearly didn't order this because I thought weinerbrot meant sausage bread and I was like...fucking SAUSAGE BREAD? I want to smell like a sausage?! Not really! :laugh: I'm so glad I mentioned this by chance to someone who corrected me, and I realised I had to have it!

This scent is very strong, and lasts a long while on me. Initially it's almost like maple syrup, but thicker and darker, and spiced - I'm not keen on wearing maple syrup as a scent but this is gorgeous, it's far more complex, and probably the most realistic freshly baked foodie-cake scent I've ever encountered - it's actually helping my diet along because I find it satisfying to sniff (other people might find it makes them hungry, I'm a bit odd with food scents!). There's something in there that smells like oven fresh raisin cookies, the caramelized pecan I think is what gives that rich, dark maple syrup note, and the 'pearl sugar and soft cinnamon' is a perfect description - the cinnamon in this is perfect - it's not fake and burning, it smells just like the gooey melted cinnamon-sugar atop a gleaming cinnabun. :wub3:

Really warm, cosy, comforting and realistic, yet that damn cinnamon is actually sexy - I would go out wearing this scent, it's not too cutesy foodie, I can genuinely see people actually liking it in an 'I'm not sure if I wanna eat you or fuck you' kind of way ;)

In conclusion, gorgeous - so SO glad I wasn't thrown off by the sausage bread thing, and that I got a whole bottle! :cool:

I don't get bread, pastry or cinnamon roll from this scent. It's intensely sugary, cloying, and spicy. It's sharp, STRONG cinnamon potpourri and something weird and sugary, like cola or Dr. Pepper (maybe some amaretto thing happening?). Smells really unpleasant and cheap to me. I think I'll be rehoming my bottle, or maybe I'll try it in an oil warmer.

When wet, TSOW is a really strong caramel/pastry + cinnamon.

When it dries it stays the most long lasting cassia note, with just a lil bit of a creamy sweet throw. It's definitely an Autumn staple :wub3:

In the bottle it smells rich and thick and syrupy sweet, like the Lab's cookie scents. Wet on skin it's less sweet with a hint of nutty bread. It doesn't change much through the drydown. Sweet syrup-drizzled pecan bread. Just delicious!

French toast, maple syrup, and cinnamon sugar! My mom used to always serve French toast with cinnamon sugar and that's the scent memory The Strange Old Woman conjures up for me. Straight-up foodie breakfast goodness!

SUPER FOODIE! Delicious, oozing caramel with spices. Nuts and pastry on my skin. Not getting much in the way of “cinnamon roll,” sadly.

The Strange Old Woman is like a caramelized pecan-studded cinnamon roll. I get caramelized pecans, light cinnamon, and a bread note, dusted with sugar. Unfortunately, these things are all accompanied by this odd plastic-y note for the first hour of wear, and although that dissipates and becomes more like a spiced, caramel-y, nutty bread over time, I wouldn't want to go through the plastic phase again to get to that point. I am not really sure what caused it, but I was surprised that the caramelized pecan wasn't super cloying, and the cinnamon wasn't overpowering (or a skin irritant) on me. This could be nice on someone with kinder skin chemistry.