Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ryan Hemphill

Those Long Winter Days Hair Gloss

Dreary and dark, heavy with sorrow: vetiver and raw leather suffused with amber oudh and nagarmotha.

This hair gloss it just superb. It's leather-heavy, with amber highlights and a touch of vetiver in the background. Everything is blended so perfectly.

The leather is a med-brown raw piece of leather in my mind when I smell it. Soft, and not glossy. It's so distinct to me I could even tell you what it feels like.

The amber and oudh are just enough to take it from a raw, masculine feel to an expensive, luxurious unisex perfume scent.

The vetiver appears at the tail end with just a little zing to my nose.

I'm not sure what nagarmotha smells like, so I can't really pick it out.

I haven't been able to stop smelling my hair since I put it on, it's such an amazing scent and I'm glad I took a gamble on it!

I like to pair my hair gloss with my perfume oil scent-of-the-day and this is going to be just perfect for my leather-forward blends, but will also add a neutral pairing to my amber and woody scents. Edited by girlryan

Whoah! This stuff is both amazing and powerful. I am glad I tried it in the evening, at home, as I don't want to overwhelm the office.

I will start by saying I'm a big fan of Drakkar Noir men's cologne. This really reminds me of those notes, but with an herbal undertone I can't quite place. It could be the nagarmotha? (BTW, I read that nagarmotha is a mosquito repellent, so this might be great to spray on before going hiking.)

I got this because I am a vetiver fan, and there is serious vetiver in this gloss. The amber and leather mellow it, so it's not quite as sharp as it might be. There is a slight element of spice that's not listed, but I keep picking up in background. I like masculine-smelling herbals, so this is definitely a keeper. I keep thinking of how fantastic this would smell on Dear Husband's hair, as it's definitely something a sexy guy would totally rock. It would make an amazing expensive-smelling aftershave.

Before I start- I put a bit on my skin as my hair doesn't do well with oils/glosses. That said...

Oh my goodness. I wish I had plays-nicely-with-others hair cause wow. I don't get much leather but I do get a gorgeously mixed spicy herbal-y amber & oud-y masculine leaning androgynous scent that is just good! Very good!! It almost smells "clean" as it's drying/absorbing up, to be honest. Maybe like a hot woodsy guy took off his woodsy guy coat and it clung to his skin for awhile but his clean skin smell is showing up now. Gosh I want more of this!!

absolutely beautiful and I agree with the drakkar reference. not a dead ringer but reminding me of that style of scent. deep dark with a shiny, gritty zing to it. the listed notes are there, but they all play together so smoothly; it's all about the blend.

hubba hubba.

big throw, long lasting. a nice alternative to the stunning vanilla or floral glosses that post usually offers. thank you, goblins for this treat!

Oddly enough, I just get a very earthy smell which I assume is the nagamortha, amber and oudh. It's mainly an deep earthy amber-oudh blend.

Dark, earthy, amber

Another hair gel that is sweeter on me than I expected. There's a refreshing swirl of vetiver and leather at the opening, but after that amber gradually takes over.