Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Wow! The alcohol note in this is strong! There are other foodie notes in here that I am trying to discern as it dries down. Maybe some cake....

Super boozy, obviously. I wanna say this uncle is drunk on mulled wine or spiced and spiked hot cider, I'm getting some of that Christmas-spice feel under the alcohol.

A Drunk Uncle it is! He's a bit savvier about cocktails, less trashy. Funny and a bit frightening.... but hey, the holidays wouldn't be the same without this poor scapegoat.

Its a mix of strong, tricky, sneak-up-on-ya, manly cocktails involving bourbon rum and a dash of gin or vodka, a bit of holiday cheer (buttery sweet foods) and maybbbbeeee a drop of bay rum cologne. Its really not as bad as I feared, reading past reviews.It goes pretty sweet buttery and boozy on me.

If labelled as a sexy, prohibition era holiday party back-dropped by an art deco bedecked room with a relic of an opium den in a hidden corner of the mansion, I think it would sell hand over fist. Let's imagine and snatch up the bottles while we can!

So weird. So for me, this starts off as a very heavy whiskey blend. I'd think of it as a guy that likes to drink Manhattans. That burns off and all I can smell is a white fougere cologne with a touch of bay rum. Overall clean, but a little dirty and a little drunk. Good throw, good wearlength.

I actually think the men-folk should try this out. It ends up in a much more conventional cologne place than when it starts out.

This smells like cake to me! Boooooooozy cake. There might be some tobacco or smoke in here too, or that could just be a mental association with a gross drunk uncle (not mine personally, but you know)?

The name makes this one sound like it would be disgusting, but I'm actually kind of a fan of this one.

BOOZE. Almost SN whiskey (but like, maple whiskey - this is sweet). I want to say there's some candy in here (breath mints?) and it becomes even more foodie on the drydown.

It actually dries down to a very wearable alcohol based blend. I'll enjoy my decant. :)

Wand: Cheap whiskey, a little honey, and avuncular merriment?

Wet: At first I get honeyed whiskey, and then something like a little cologne comes out. Call it the power of suggestion, but this is a smell of the relative whose habits kind of amused you as a kid, but wear on you as an adult. You probably hope to catch a seat away from this guy at dinner, and then drink plenty yourself.

Dry: Bay rum honey and a little cologne. Perfectly unappealing.

On me, this smells like Old Spice cologne, a creamy and smooth sort of whiskey note, and maybe a caramelized, buttery rum... I actually kinda like this and I like it layered with leathers and tobacco scents.

At first, a flash of super boozy apple cider -- like Fearful Pleasure. Then comes wool...channeling Ichabod Crane now. Once it dries down it is sweet, buttery creamy, and I think there's a whiskey note? Not like, super boozy like how it was at first though. Not very boozy at all really. Also getting potpourri, sweet spiced tobacco, and still some wool. Such a jumble of notes. But I like it. Also I think some said they got cologne, but I didn't.

The opening reminds me of the fermented note from Dwarven Ale. Then it slowly morphs into a boozey musky blend. The blend doesn't conjure up the image of a drunk uncle AT ALL. It's a warm dry boozey woody musky snuggly blend, best worn in the fall, around Halloween time and onwards. 

At first, I thought this was a nice, cherry-infused booze. But it got so much stronger and so cloying as time went on that I realized that there was a wine note, and I was amping the hell out of it, as my skin chemistry is prone to do.

It goes from tolerable to wanting to get away from it, so perhaps it is fitting for a Drunk Uncle after all?

Booooooze! But a delicious warm spicy whisky. Lasts a while on my skin and makes me feel all festive!