Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
d0gbones

Þvörusleikir

Favorite pastime: licking spoons and ladles. Theres no accounting for taste.

The scent of well-worn wooden utensils, lightly fondled, and a wisp of kitchen herbs.

In the bottle: warm, wooden spoons. For real. The herb side of it is the sweet thyme-y basil-y type.

Wet: Herbal-floral. I'm sure I can smell thyme, not sure what else is in there though.

Dry: still mostly herbal but there is definitely something like a wooden spoon coming through. Amazing, really.

I'm so glad I bought this! The label art is adorable and I can see me getting a lot of wear out of it.

Interesting!

This one is in the same family as The Waters of the Well of Wisdom from the Ragnarok collection and I enjoy that one a lot. Except this one has a underlining touch of barely there spicy wood. The herbs are definitely along the lines of thyme, maybe a little rosemary.

I don't wear obviously noticeable herbal blends often, but when I do I like for them to smell like this. Very nice

Edited by Haltija

Ooooh, this was one of those BPAL's that was very much what I expected from the description - lovely kitchen herbs and a hint of wooden spoon. It's very subtle and really needs to be slathered on and reapplied midday, but worth it. Right now, I am on the fence about whether or not I want to go ahead and purchase a bottle (I received this one as a Yule 2015 decant). It's a perfect kitchen witch scent - so I am leaning towards yes...

• ITI: Oh, I like that. Herbs emerge as the first note, a combination of cumin, turmeric, what I think might be sage, thyme, oregano, parsley, and well worn wood.

Wet: The wood warms on my skin ans the cumin and turmeric yield slightly to the more astringent herbs. I pick up something that registers as slightly aquatic and something else that is mildly reminiscent of lemon, under all of it.

Dry: This isn't a particularly long-wearing scent. After 4 hours, I get the faint impression of a kitchen infused with only the memory of herbs.

I'm not a big fan of herbal blends. This one is inoffensive, but still not for me. Kind of a savory, lemony rosemary type of smell over dry wood. Very light and fades quickly on my skin.

Citrusy woods. I get a touch of basil, oregano, what seems to be lemon balm and a light white wood (think balsam). Overally, its very light and does not have a lot of longevity on my skin.

Pleasant, kitcheny, woods.

Decant: wood-y herbs in a northern lights kitchen
Wet on Me: wonderful clean herbs and wood. so bright and light but warm
Drying Down: This is insanely good. Just everything the description says
Dry: When I inhale this and close my eyes I am taken to a warm kitchen in northern Sweden or Norway that has been covered in wood and on a wood table many herbs that were growing in the kitchen window are being chopped for the cooking. It's bright and sunny on a cold snowy day.

Though I really like this scent, it doesn't seem to last very long on me or have very high sillage. Glad to see I'm not alone.

I don't get much of the herbal smell except when this scent is wet. Though many green herbal smells do tend to fade quickly on me. I mostly smell warm wood and oregano with what seems to be a hint of leather. Wish I had more than a decant of this one.