Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
SadariEvenstar

Stekkjarstaur

Favorite pastime: harassing sheep. Nobody’s perfect.

Wooly sugared marshmallow root.

1. Find a bag of marshmallows.

2. Smash your face into them.

3. Suffocate and die happy.

Seriously, this is delightful. It has a slightly perfumey edge that adds a bit of complexity but otherwise it is pure vanillay-marshmallowy goodness.

eta: I've been wearing this all afternoon and the perfumey quality faded away by the end of the first hour. It's been the most beautiful vanilla marshmallow scent since.

Edited by SadariEvenstar

Seriously, I love this so, so much. I am terrible at reviews which is why I don't often do them, so bear with me. This is sweet, creamy, gorgeousness, with a sophisticated, slightly feminine edge that keeps it from from reading as straight up marshmallow. If you are a fan of the cream in Glowing Vulva or the cake in Cake Smash, I think you will adore this. I can't wait to layer this with Snake Oil, or any other of my heavy resin or patchouli blends. I will be stockpiling the heck out of this one for sure. :wub3:

If you took Antique Lace and combined it with delicious fluffy, vanilla-laden marshmallows, you would get this scent. Seriously. This is incredible. There's nothing more to say.

I will be getting back up bottles.

In the bottle: Sweet, soft, and creamy. Sweeter than a bag of marshmallows, but probably not as sweet as marshmallow fluff. It kind of reminds me of the best homemade whipped cream that would be perfect for dipping fruit into, but more marshmallow-y and not as sweet as the vanilla cream in Boo hair gloss.

From the first sniff, I already knew I loved this and that I'd need more than one bottle in my life.

Wet: The creamy innards of a melted marshmallow accompanied by vanilla cream? I don't know what to say except for that THIS IS SO AMAZING I CAN'T EVEN. It even smells fluffy, but not like actual wool, so don't let the 'wooly' part of the description scare you away from this. There is something in it keeping it from being completely gourmand, though.

Dry: I feel like the sugared aspect is more prominent during the dry phase, making the scent like a sugary, vanilla cream.

Verdict: One bottle will not be enough. I think this one will be extremely popular. I hope that it doesn't end up going out of stock for good before the Yule takedown date, because I'm going to need a few back-up bottles of this one.

Edited by dementia_divine

Stekkjarstaur smells a lot like the cool, buttery vanilla cream in bpal's Boo, especially when it's first applied. It's like Boo with a bag of marshmallows dumped over it. The drydown is less cream & marshmallow and more a dry, almost musky white sugar scent. It's very sweet on me, to the point of being cloying. A bit too sweet and simple. The staying power on this one is pretty bad as well; it only lasted about twenty minutes total on my skin.

THIS. IS. IT.

This is my Bpal Holy Grail, perfection, can't imagine anything better, splendiferousness.

This is Antique Lace with marshmallow. It's soft and sweet and it doesn't go buttery or plasticky on my skin.

:bow: :love!: :clap: :cheers: :joy: :lovestruck: :boogie: :wub2:

Andd....I got it literally 3 days after I ordered it. 3 DAYS! It's a full-blown Christmas/Yule miracle. I'm just going to go around smelling myself all day now.

I will need more...

This scent is wonderful, simple, and gorgeous. I love it. It's so, so marshmallowy, you can almost taste whatever makes marshmallows fluffy, sticky, and gooey on the inside when you smell it. It's fluffy and sugary and soft. As it wears, it gets more and more sweet on me, and gives me the impression of the melty inside of a marshmallow, with sugar. It's like a sugary marshmallow SN. It's not really complex, and it is vanillaed, for sure, but in the sweetest way possible, definitely more marshmallow than anything else. It's foody, but not intensely so, it's just very . . . marshmallow. :lol:

It's sweet and simple, and I absolutely love it. I, too, am going to want more bottles. This actually did last a while on me--pretty much all day--but I don't tend to have trouble with scents lasting on my skin, either.

Edited by Sakura Tsukikage

Ha, I agree with the comparisons to Boo, the vanilla creamy note is similar, but topped with tons of the slightly-dusty white sugary marshmallow note.

As a result, it's a little less rich and buttery than Boo can be, which makes it a little less warm and a little more airy. Basically it's vanilla cream marshmallows. If that sounds as good to you as it does to me, you probably need a bottle of this.

Skekkjarstaur shares similarities with Boo, Antique Lace, and Marshmallow Poof.

Basically its sweet and creamy, vanilla marshmallow goo.

Simple and delectable. :yum:

Fuzzy marshmallow goodness. :yum: This smells like the base of Lick It—if you take away the mint, there's this awesome vanilla musk base, and that's what Stekkjarstaur smells like on my skin. I also see the comparisons to Boo—this smells a bit like Boo minus the cotton note. As I said in the Yule thread, this is simple perfection. Not only is this fun on it's own, but I bet it will make for some layering magic.

In the Bottle: Stekkjarstaur is pale gold in color and smells like vanilla sugar in the bottle. It’s cloying but pleasant; nothing too crazy.

Top Notes:
Wet on the wrist there is a sticky, almost candy-like note that sticks out on top of a sweet, downy vanilla note. It sort of reminds me of the smell of vanilla spun sugar or fairy floss. The whole combination is very pretty and yummy. :heart:

Middle Notes:
Thirty minutes later, the candy element has died down just enough to allow the creaminess of the vanilla notes to come out. The scent has taken on a very soft and fluffy quality and really does smell like a bag full of marshmallows!

Base Notes: Aside from fading, not much has changed three hours later. It has consistently remained a soft, candied vanilla cream on my skin.

Overall Impression: Stekkjarstaur is a vanilla candy lover’s dream scent! I really enjoyed the well-balanced blend of the creamy powdered vanilla and sugar notes that manage to give this scent that fluffy, air-light quality present in marshmallows. Better yet, the sugary notes in this blend thankfully never gained a plastic-y quality on me like they did in Père Noël (HALLELUJAH!). Good job, Beth! Stekkjarstaur’s scent colors are a creamy ecru and soft white.

Sillage-wise, it’s on the weak to medium spectrum, staying close to the skin (my boyfriend smelled it almost immediately when he hugged me after coming home from work). My only gripe about Stekkjarstaur is concerning its longevity, which lasts under six hours. This is definitely one you will want to use with a scent locket. If it lasted longer on my skin, I’d easily pick up another bottle of this!

Final Verdict: Stekkjarstaur will easily be staying in my collection. I can’t wait to try layering this with some of my other BPAL scents!

Edited by Hystrixia

In the bottle: Straight-up marshmallows.

On skin: Marshmallow vanilla cream. Like fluff, only perfume! It's definitely sugary, but as it wears it's almost like there's a light musk in there that's keeping it from just smelling like food.

(If you've got these to compare.... to me, Stekkjarstaur is on the spectrum between Boo and Edith Cushing, both of which I also love. It's not as in-your-face buttery/cakey as Boo, but not as musky/perfumey as Edith. It's somewhere in the middle.)

This is a really awesome vanilla scent and if you have any desire whatsoever to smell like vanilla or marshmallows, please do yourself a favor and try this.

Ooh this is good. So beautiful in its simplicity. Many years ago, I had a holiday set of shower gel and body lotion from Philosophy in "Marshmallow." Stekkjarstaur smells like that, if you remove the processed, perfume-y undertone in the Philosophy mix. This is a little earthier somehow; maybe that's the "fuzzy" part. Love it!

PERFECT!

This one is just wonderful and I will be needing several bottles before the Yules go away :P

Pure creamy marshmallow goodness with the softest bit of vanilla you could possibly imagine. If this is foodie it's more on the sophisticated fluffy side of foodie, like a marshmallow macaron. I definitely agree with Sadari on this, it smells like you put your face inside a bag of marshmallows, inhaled and just stayed there.

It's got low throw on me but I don't mind re applying and slathering. It's a scent I would wear for myself anyway, it's snuggly and just makes you feel happy.

This is gorgeous. Fluffy, creamy, marshmallowy, vanilla goodness. You can almost smell the powder on the marshmallows. And it's not as sweet as you might imagine. Yes it's sweet, but not tooth-ache sweet. Marshmallow Poof from many years ago is ten times sweeter.

Edited by Suusje

This is Marshmallow Poof's oder, sophisticated sister. I swear I am getting a very light floral and/or musk in this, tinged with marshmallow vanilla sweetness. Though it stays close I can smell it on my arm over an hour after application. Very pretty and not what I was expecting - a lot more complex than I expected after previously reading reviews!

Edited by violetblue

A nice, simple single note marshmallow. Not cloyingly sweet either, which is nice. I can see myself wearing this a lot and even layering it (which I almost never do). Pretty minimal throw, kind of a subtle scent actually. I think I could get away with wearing this one to work.

Edited by Teaker

Stekkjarstaur is mostly a sweet, soft vanilla for me. I'm also getting the same "wooly" note I got from Queen Alice, and something a little more "perfume-y". This also isn't a particularly foody vanilla for me; there's a little bit of the marshmallow vibe that others have mentioned, but it's more toned down on me.

For comparison, I tested Stekk alongside another marshmallowy scent I like: NAVA Spooktacular. Stekk isn't as in-your-face OMG MARSHMALLOW as Spooktacular, and the throw is much lighter than Spooktacular. Stekk is a little more "wearable" that way; it smells lovely and there's a suggestion of sugary marshmallows, but it's not so obviously foody and overwhelming.

The sad thing is, Stekk fades pretty fast for me. I think it stuck around for maybe three hours, if I'm being generous. This might be one for the scent lockets!

This is incredible. It's everything I wanted Boo to be, instead of a weird cream and meh cotton blend.

It's sweet, creamy, marshmallowy, vanilla goodness. Perfect homemade marshmallows, soft and fluffy, so edible. It's light but it lasts, and I think if I could only wear one BPAL for the rest of my life, this would be it.

I almost never get multiple bottles, but this... I think I might wear it forever.

I have been so impatient waiting to try this, with all the reviews sounding so amazing! I had wished I had just blind bottled it, but I made myself wait till my decants got here. So excited to try it!

Wet: Y'all weren't lying. This is so amazing. It's the most wonderful vanilla cloud. It's foodie vanilla ecstasy. I want to smell like this frequently. Very frequently. PRAYING it doesn't turn to plastic. Praying. To the BPAL gods. That's a thing, right? I feel like there's a linen note in this, like in Boo (but this does not smell the same as Boo, just similarities) .This does teeter on the edge of going wonky on me for a moment, but it comes back. That marshmallow note is divine!

Dry: We had a few tense minutes here, folks. It wasn't always certain whether my skin chemistry was going to let me have this one. Eventually it settled and is amazing. I do still get hints of the linen or "wooly" note, but it's subtle and lovely. The marshmallow note is perfect, not too sweet or in your face. The throw is light, but gorgeous, even better than nose-to-skin.

I see that this is out of stock currently. I so hope it comes back soon so I can order a bottle!!

Vanilla marshmallow goodness. It stays close to the skin and is not overly sweet, so it's perfect for someone like me who's not into foody scents. This is definitely worthy of a bottle.

Oh boy oh boy.. this is a gold mine of a scent on me. The marshmallow turns a little floral and the sugar is soft white/pink. Think its the wooly note making this go so awesome on me. Must be a white floral or something? This is my holy grail light/everythingsgonnabeok perfume to replace LUSH's Twilight. Similar to Boo but no heavy cream or butter notes. That's true.

Love it.

Oh. Oh, god...

Fresh on, it's all marshmallow cream. Drying out, it becomes slightly musky, and like...oh, gods in heaven...like a sweet little baby Antique Lace. It does seem to flush a bit pink. Like marshmallow made flesh. Unholy yet divine.

I weep! The JOY! My bottle! My LOVE!

In bottle: Marshmallow, sweetened with sugar. This is practically a marshmallow single note. Wet: Delicious marshmallow, softened and sweetened with sugar. Slightly nutty on the skin. Dry: Sugaty marshmallow.