Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Favorite pastime: creeping around gullies until the opportunity to steal milk appears. You do you, buddy.

Coconut cream, sheep’s milk accord, and a drop of Ceylon cinnamon.

This was an insta-buy for me because I am a slut for anything coconut related.

In the bottle, it is all sheeps' milk with the coconut and the cinnamon nicely balanced.

Wet on my wrist, it becomes very decadent and I'm falling madly in love. The coconut starts to sing louder now and it's just so effing beautiful, I can't even. The spice from the cinnamon is subtle and absolutely necessary. The sheep's milk is there too - perfectly creamy.

On the drydown, it stays true and the throw is amazing. I am so good right now, you have no idea. This blend makes me smile so much.

An hour later, we're still giving off huge waves of spiced coconut-cream perfection.

This really is one beautiful blend. It's stunning! Gosh, I could with a vat of this so I could swim around it. 10/10

I immediately jumped at a bottle of this because so many milk blends have honey in them and honey amps on me like crazy.

In the bottle all it was mostly coconut and a little bit of cinnamon and sheep's milk. It's a really sweet and creamy coconut, and strong as well.

On wet more of the cinnamon came out. I really like this cinnamon. It's soft, not fiery. It goes very well with the coconut and still warms the blend up.

As it dried down the sheep's milk becomes more noticeable, but all the elements are there and very well balanced. The sheep's milk adds a buttery quality to the blend. There is something just SO Yule about this blend, it must be the cinnamon.

All in all, it's exactly what I hoped it to be and I'm totally in love.

Edited by roseus

In The Bottle: Yummy, creamy sheep's milk!

Wet On Skin: Still mostly milk, but a tiny trace of the cinnamon makes an appearance.

Dry Down: THERE'S the coconut! Totally worth the wait! Sometimes coconut will dominate a blend, but not here- the coconut and milk blend seamlessly into one sweet, creamy treat. The cinnamon has all but disappeared, and if it lends anything at this point, it's as a background afterthought, something more to add complexity, but pretty much unidentifiable otherwise.

In All: Low throw- I had to put on quite a bit- and a nice, "close-to-the-skin" kind of scent. I see this more as a day time kind of fragrance, and definitely could be worn multiple days in a row, as it's pretty understated. Lovely!

In the bottle: super foodie creamy with a hint of spice (put a huge smile on my face when I first smelled it!)

On skin: it hardly changes on me, the coconut stands out a little more, but it just smells gorgeous!

This is pretty amazing. Like roseus, I jumped on this because it's milk without honey and I am so very glad I did. It's a wonderful blend, homey and comforting, creamy and warm. The throw and longevity are both good; it's the perfume equivalent of snuggling.

Giljagaur would also be incredible for layering, because it's fairly simple and doesn't morph. So if you have something that you want to soften with a little of BPAL's divine cream note, grab a bottle of Giljagaur.

Giljagaur is a lovely scent. It's like adding a hefty dollop of fresh cracked coconut to the milky, buttery base of My Baby and a Baby Goat. I don't get any cinnamon here.

Wet: Creamy cinnamon. I amp cinnamon, so I am praying it doesn't overpower everything, I love coconut so much and want it to sing through here! As the cinnamon settles, I do get some lovely hints of coconut. It's very light though. This is a really comforting blend. I could pick out the sheep's milk momentarily but as soon as the oil hit my skin it was gone. As it warms up and dries down, the cinnamon fades and the coconut comes out more, making me quite happy.

Dry: Once this is good and dry, I can actually detect the sheep's milk again! It actually lends an interesting perfumey quality to something that could have been much more foodie. I really like this and am glad I got a bottle. Can't wait to slather in it and smell like coconut cinnamon goodness!

In the decant: This reminds me of My Baby and a Goat, but with coconut cream and a drop of cinnamon.

Wet: The sheep's milk note is reminiscent of the goat's milk in My Baby and a Baby Goat, and the scent is sweetened by the coconut cream note. The cinnamon note seems to be emerging more over time, but isn't strong enough to burn the skin.

Dry: The sheep's milk note is still pretty strong, but the coconut cream note has gained strength during this stage of the scent, which is nice. There really is just a drop of cinnamon in this.

Verdict: I am not sure if this one is different enough from My Baby and a Baby Goat to warrant a bottle. The main difference seems to be that one has coconut cream, and one has rice flower. I may have to deathmatch them. This one is very nice, though!

*edit* I deathmatched My Baby and a Baby Goat with Giljagur, and I think they are different enough for me to buy Giljagur, too, even though I already have a bottle of My Baby and a Baby Goat. The coconut cream makes Giljagur somewhat sweeter, and I like the cinnamon in it. Now I just have to decide if I would like to have Giljagur (or just multiple bottles of Stekkjarstaur).

Edited by dementia_divine

creamy cinnamon. Just the faintest hint of coconut, not enough that I’d pick it up if I didn’t already know it was there. While it doesn’t actually smell the same, something about it reminds me of Arcana’s Straightjacket - I think it’s the cinnamon custardy thing it’s got going on. It’s not nearly as cinnamony as Straightjacket though. Dried it’s not as strong as I’d like, and has pretty much no throw, but what’s on my skin is magic. Creamy, slightly spiced coconut. It’s fantastic. I‘ll have to play around with different application techniques to see if I can get a stronger scent, because right now I want to bathe in it.

Definitely does remind me of My Baby and a Baby Goat. But I think a part of me enjoys this one more (:

I smell the sheep's milk but it's very faint. All in all it's incredible coconut cream with the lightest dash of soft cinnamon. Simple but very lovely

Wet/in bottle: CREAM. A very foodie/gourmand sweet, heavy cream. (So realistic a cream note, in fact, that my cat, whose usual response to all perfumes is to recoil in disgust, came over to sniff at the open bottle with interest).

Dry: Still foodie/gourmand/cream, but softer and less heavy. It layers beautifully with my 2014 Pumpkin II.

Edit: A couple weeks later, I'm starting to get a hint of cinnamon on the drydown. A soft, warm, almost cinnamon-sugar-cookie type cinnamon.

Edited by Elspethdixon

This scent reminds me of coquito, a booze-less and very faintly gamey coquito. I love coquito and it always makes me think of the absolutely amazing holiday parties thrown each year by one of my dearest friends' parents (they are Puerto Rican and always served a variety of really wonderful traditional Puerto Rican dishes and goodies at their annual holiday parties. Alas- they have now moved to another state! No more Aguayo family holiday parties for me unless I want to fly across the country!) Their recipe for coquito included coconut creme, melted vanilla ice cream (!), rum, and some nutmeg and cinnamon. I just love that this scent brings back good memories for me...

Anyway, I do amp the cinnamon in this, and I like the cinnamon, I do. It starts to tame down somewhat after a while (like an hour-ish?), but I wish it was rather quieter for me from the get-go so I could enjoy more of the creamy delicate sheep's milk and sweet delectable coconut for longer. Awesome holiday scent for me though!

ITI: Oh, creamy and slightly sharp in the most positive way from the sheep's milk. The cinnamon is more floral and much more tea-like.
Wet: The creamy notes are sumptuous, less sharp, and almost vanilla infused. The cinnamon is very much a florid, rich tea note.
Dry: Once dry, there's a slightly artificial tone in the creamy sheep's milk, which I think reads as slightly vanilla. The Ceylon cinnamon has a slightly cream of earl grey. It's nice, but not bottle worthy.

Well, lots of affirmation of what other people have said, only heavier on the cinnamon.

On first opening the bottle, I smell delicious sheep's milk, sweet and caramelly like the goat's milk note that I love (like others, I am reminded of My Baby and a Baby Goat); after the first sniff, I smell the cinnamon and something hard to describe -- a little metallic? A little sour, but not unpleasantly so. The coconut merges its creaminess with the milk.

Wet on my skin, the first time, I smell butter rum and again that echo of metal, something coppery. This lingers for a long time and opens up a little -- becomes almost bready. During the first test, I didn't smell any cinnamon at this stage. The second time (after the bottle had rested a little) I immediately smelled the cinnamon (and maybe nutmeg? anyway, an aromatic cinnamon, not a simple candy-heart cinnamon - I agree that it's almost floral) much more clearly.

In both tests, this dried down to a strong sweet cinnamon on me. The spice is supported by, but definitely dominates, the sweet and creamy notes. It's pleasing and foodie. I would have liked the creaminess to stick around more, but that may happen with aging.

Coconut cream and goat milk. Honestly, this smells like it would be an amazingly moisturizing lotion. You know the type, it literally drenches your winter skin and you feel smooth and silky. Great throw and wear length. There's something warm and comforting about this.

Alas, I am neither a coconut or goat milk fan. :(

This was a very light coconut and cream scent with a little dash of cinnamon. It wasn't very noticeable unless I stuck my nose to my arm. It was a lovely scent just wish it had more strength and throw! I love the label though!! So adorable! I almost kept it just for that! ;)

Cinnamon is almost always an overpowering monster on my skin, so I'm amazed at how light and well behaved the cinnamon is in this fragrance. The creamy coconut here reminds me very much of the coconut in Tiki Princess. It's like a chilled coconut cream and buttery coconut amazingness. Very foodie. After about a half hour, the cinnamon starts to peek through. The scent warms up in this stage and smells just like a coconut cream pie with a buttery crust and toasted, caramelized coconut flakes on top. Really yummy, and this scent lasts 8+ hours on me with good throw.

Giljagaur is really yummy. This is a wintry coconut fragrance, like coconut plus a warm milk and cinnamon beverage that you'd drink to thaw out after being out in the cold. The goat's milk note smells to me like the regular milk note but is more buttery, so this ends up smelling very rich and foody on my skin. Absolutely a comfort scent...delicious and relaxing.

Coconut milk single note, almost. There's the tiniest suggestion of cinnamon. I'm gonna try layering it with other blends that I think would pair nicely with coconut.

I agree with Little Bird's review. I didn't even know there was cinnamon in this until I re-read the description again. It's very subtle, to barely detectable. The coconut in this reminds me of coconut in Tiki Princess, but this is much creamier, almost vanilla laden. When I applied it I immediately thought, "MACAROONS!!" Nom Nom!!

It's an immediate ❤️ Total keeper, and slather worthy

It is very coconutty when wet and in the bottle - very similar to Ivory Vulva - but dries down into a warm, sweet, creamy scent with a little cinnamon. It's delicious. I want to live in a house that smells like this all the time.

asfld;fslsdkl GILJAGAUR IS SO GOOD OMG. Sweet, creamy, thick and delicious in the bottle. Once it hits the skin a strong nutty note (must be the cinnamon) quickly develops. As it dries, the cinnamon melds with the other notes and the end result is a smooth, creamy mix of coconut and cinnamon. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH.

Whoa, that’s sheep milk all righty! Thankfully I quite enjoy that note (Candles Moon is one of my favorite blends). The coconut emerges as it dries, and the cinnamon remains in the background. It is there, but gently. This is omyum delicious and cozy. No throw on me but it lasts really well. So good!