Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
JazzieCazzie

Pecan Pie Bath Oil

First? Eeeeeeeek. All righty then.

To preface: My weird body chemistry has a tendency to not work that well with scents/blends that have a "nutty" component to them but in the case of Pecan Pie Bath Oil I was willing to take my chances because, you know, pecan pie, y'all! Plus, I have found that often times the BPTP bath oils will work on me where nothing else does.

I had read one review (on Facebook, maybe? Or somewhere else here? I can't find it now) that may have been the Hair Gloss ... but anyway, it said that it smelled EXACTLY like Pecan Pie to them but with an additional note they couldn't put their finger on.

In the bottle, to me, I have to admit that it smelled more like fruitcake than pecan pie, which leads me to think the elusive note might be a citrus rind of some sort? Orange or lemon? I think that often winds up in a lot of pecan pie recipes. It was nice (I would have eaten it in a heartbeat) but it didn't make me think "pecan pie" for some reason.

In the tub, it definitely mellowed more into a sweeter, slightly less fruity scent. Very sweet and sugary and I probably put on 5 pounds just sniffing it :) :) :)

Post-bath, I am luxuriously soft but the scent dissipated/evaporated on me almost immediately, which is unusual with my BPTP bath oils ... usually, I smell like my bath for a few hours ... BUT, that said, most of my bath oils are of the frankincense/resinous variety ... this may be my first strictly foody/dessert scent and I suspect that has a lot to do with it.

So, overall, it's not what I was expecting, exactly, but it was still lovely!!!!!

Next up: Marshmallow Cookie Pie Bath Oil ...

So. I was so convinced that Pecan Pie would be magical on me that I blind bottled the perfume and got decants of the HG and BO.

The perfume was clove single note on me. I was confused, because I have never put cloves, or any spices really, in my pecan pie. Thought I was going nuts. So I got out an actual jar of cloves...yup, that's the note I am amping like crazy in this. That said, all three formats smell strongly of clove straight out of the bottle, so I don't think it's just a chemistry thing.

ANYWAY... Pecan Pie BO used as moisturizer - still pretty clove heavy, but I am picking up some of the pie filling as well, and the crust. No actual nuts though.

I really like the BO and HG both (had to swap the perfume), but only because I have excepted them for what they are - a yummy foodie clove scent. Nothing about any of the three formats reminds me of pecan pie.

Pecan Pie is clove and all spice on me. Slightly sugary than the HG and perfume. Less foodie, and much more autumnal.

Bath oil is pretty much the same as the perfume oil version. Smells more like cinnamon and nutmeg than clove to me (I loooove clove) and has a generic spice candle scent to it. I'd be afraid to use this in the bath (skin sensitive to spices), but I use the bath oils more as regular perfume oils anyhow.

I don't know why I forgot to ever review this lovely bath oil. I bought my bottle back when they were live. I always use my bath oils as an after-shower moisturizer. Pecan Pie bath oil is a lovely cozy spicy scented oil. It's that perfect scent for the holiday season. To be honest I don't think it smells like pecan pie at all, but my experience with the pie is limited. However if you want a warm clove/ nutmeg/cinnamon blend kind of spiced scent (and mind you, there is absolutely nothing burning about it on my skin fresh from the shower) then find yourself some of this beauty!