Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This is an amazingly real life key lime pie scent! Delicious tart lime, cramy cool sweetness, and sugar cookie crust. All I can say is that this smells EXACTLY like key lime pie tastes.

For those wondering, this (to me at least) is the lime from Mr. Nancy. Juicy and sugary and sweet, with that tartness as well. :wub2:

Of all the pies, this was the one I was most anxious to try. I'm no fan generally of lime perfumes any more than I like lime-flavored candies. But this, this is special. This is, in fact, JUST like *real* Key Lime Pie. The sweet lime is real, the crust is buttery and flaky and it's just wonderful.

The whole Pie series has proven itself really fantastic and Key Lime wraps up the testing for me on a wonderful note!

This is my second favourite out of all the pies. My husband makes the best key lime pie in all the world, so I had heart-eyes when ordering it. It does not disappoint in the least.

A blast of fresh, zingy lime leaps out of the bottle to spank my nose. On my wrist, it's creamy... soooo creamy.... and then we get the tasty pie crust.

As it dries, the notes mingle together and I'm huffing like mad. The throw is quite wonderful. It The lime stays true even an hour later and the creaminess stays put also, something that doesn't always happen for me.

This is effing fantastic. Not one to miss, for those who enjoy their gourmand blends.

In the bottle: Yep. Key lime pie. Not fresh lime - more like sweet lime juice and lime zest, with a heavy dose of buttery graham cracker and maybe even something creamy, without a noticeable cream accord.

On skin, wet: The graham comes out more, and the lime gets a little jucier. I could eat myself right now - I'm serious guys.

Warm, dry, after a while: Yeah okay so I smell exactly, 100% on-point, like a slice of key lime pie with a buttery graham cracker crust and a dollop of whipped cream (still no cream note, but the sweetness and lightness is there). Like what is happening - this is incredible.

If you like smelling like delicious baked goods, this is for you.

Really accurate.

I love the scent of lime but strongly citrus scents can be so difficult to find and the citrus tends to hide or fade. The lime here is definitely the star, and it's a juicy, sweet lime scent just like key lime pie. When I first applied it I got a blast of buttery crust, but that's faded and there's now a nice balance between lime, pastry crust, and a sort of soft creamy scent.

Decent throw, and the lime lasts relatively well for a citrus note! Basically if you read the description and thought, "Yes, I want to smell like key lime pie, that sounds amazing!" this is the scent you are looking for.

As effective than Pavlov's bell, sniffing Key Lime Pie on my wrist literally makes my mouth water. Every time. It is just like the real thing: Hint of a flaky crust and that beautiful blend of sweet-tart Key limes. Good lord this is good.

i was in the middle of typing up a review when i remembered something...

i haven't had actual key lime pie in decades - more than 25 years. what i have had, and what i always think of as key lime pie, is actually key lime cheesecake.

obviously, this is very different from key lime cheesecake.

this oil does, however, remind me quite a lot of the fancy key lime cookies i used to sometimes buy myself as a treat.

Whiff of tart lime and graham cookie crust. While I get a more long lasting "lime" note on this blend, its actually fair light. I mainly amp up all of the graham cracker crust.

But key lime indeed.

Wearing this today and I just LOVE it. It's very edible smelling at first, but way after dry down it blends into the beautiful mashup of lime and crust that I have a hard time putting into words. It's phenomenal and worthy of backups.

I'ts fantastic!
I don't have any big experience of key lime pie, so for me this is the most wonderful lime-custard-foodie.
It's a low-throw and it might need some aging, however.

Key Lime Pie in perfume oil form:

In the bottle: The first impression is of a graham cracker crust, but I can smell the pie filling too. The lime is sweet and creamy.

On my skin, it smells like it does in the bottle. What's kind of interesting is that when I sniff my wrist up close, I'm not really smelling the crust and pie filling *together* - it's like I get a wave of crust and then a wave of filling. As it dries more the crust and filling start to merge together more than when it was wet.

I like all the pie scents I got but I think that this one is actually my favorite.

First sniff: Oh, man, this is good. It smells just like the pie. Creamy lime zest and juice, graham cracker crumbs and whipped cream. I can smell everything and it is gorgeous.

Wet on skin: The scent of the crust is more prominent than the lime filling, almost dusty even, but in the way that graham crackers are crumbly, not like attic dust. The lime isn’t as sharp or zesty as I would expect from a lime, though key limes are less tart than a regular lime, which could be it.

Drydown: It’s as described, pie, pie, pie. It reminds me of the Chobani Key Lime Crumble yogurts in perfume form. I wish the lime was just a bit more prominent, but I do have a lime layering note if I want to punch this up when I wear it again. It reminds me of a state fair scent from Violette Market from a couple of years back, though I couldn’t tell you which one.

Final thoughts: Although I don’t like creamy citrus scents as much as I did when I first started out in the indie perfume world, this is still a lovely and delicious scent, and I’ll be keeping my sample around for when the weather heats up a bit more!

Starts off with delicious tart lime and when it dries down all the yummy brown sugary crust comes out! Love this! The throw is a great mix of both and it's got pretty good staying power too! :yum:

Now I want some real key lime pie...it's that realistic! ;)

Key Lime is my favorite pie to eat, and this is my favorite of the bptp pie fragrances as well. A lot of the other pies went to a generic spice smell on my skin, but there's no spice here at all, and it's so complex. Tangy, sweet key lime juice in a cold, vanilla custard with hints of a graham cracker cookie crust. I love that this somehow smells chilled. It's perfect, and it smells just as amazing as a key lime pie tastes. :wub2:
I'm really glad that I got this in perfume oil and in hair gloss form. This is one of my favorite foodie scents from bpal. Like in my top three. Mmm...

Key lime pie is one of my favorite treats as of late. I was in the kitchen fiddling around and realized I had some vegan cream cheese that was going bad soon. I made a mixture of that whipped with lime, lemon, confectioners sugar, and zest. Over a graham cracker crust it was superb. This scent is definitely that bottled up into a liquid.

In the bottle it is very zesty lime over a crust. Wet the lime stands out but as it dries down the lime fades leaving me with hints of... Mouse Circus. No joke. There must be a similar note. Now, I really really don't like Mouse Circus, but this.. this somehow is delicious oh my! This is what I wanted mouse circus to be! I am very pleased what a yummy delicious scent.

I guess I never reviewed this? Well, here's my belated review!

In the bottle: Whoa, that’s some lime! This has a lot more of a zing to it than the hair gloss.

Wet: Yeah, the perfume oil is definitely stronger on the lime than the hair gloss. I love lime, so I am happy about the prominence of the lime in this. As the scent begins to dry, I get some of the creaminess and a little bit of graham cracker crust in the background.

Dry: Now it’s all about the creamy note and the graham cracker crust with just a hint of lime on my wrists. But in the crooks of my elbows, I get a little more lime.

Verdict: I love this and am so happy to have this in perfume oil and hair gloss form. Now I just have to keep an eye out for the bath oil and complete the set! Thanks to my wonderful Witch for the gift of being able to slather myself in Key Lime Pie! :wub2: