Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
d0gbones

October Atmosphere Spray

Ay, thou art welcome, heaven’s delicious breath!
When woods begin to wear the crimson leaf,
And suns grow meek, and the meek suns grow brief
And the year smiles as it draws near its death.
Wind of the sunny south! oh, still delay
In the gay woods and in the golden air,
Like to a good old age released from care,
Journeying, in long serenity, away.
In such a bright, late quiet, would that I
Might wear out life like thee, ‘mid bowers and brooks
And dearer yet, the sunshine of kind looks,
And music of kind voices ever nigh;
And when my last sand twinkled in the glass,
Pass silently from men, as thou dost pass.

Dry, cold autumn wind. A rustle of red leaves, a touch of smoke and sap in the air.

This is the perfect October/Halloween room fragrance. I don't know how, but it really does evoke cold, autumnal air. BPAL's dead leaves are definitely in here, it sort of wafts in and out now and then to remind you it's there. There's a "perfumey" note too that stops it being as natural and outdoorsy as I expected. I did buy this for myself, but it's actually perfect for my ma. I can't honestly see me using it for more than a week either side of Halloween anyway, this is the first time I've had a strongly seasonal response to a scent ☺

Edit to add that this is really similar to Dead Leaves, Patchouli, Honey and Warm Musk hair gloss!

Edited by d0gbones

This is exactly as described. I mainly get the dead, red leaves scent. There definitely is a slight smokiness to it as well. There's a sliiiiight bitterness that might be the sap, but it's not bitter in an unpleasant way at all - it smells like a cold autumn day, right at the end of the fall when the trees are bare and people have their chimneys going.

It is very evocative of that time of year right before the snow falls.

Very nice!

October the oil was horrible, thick cheap cologne on me. So I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this is- this is mainly dead leaves with maybe a tinge of the other notes swirling in the background. Like I usually get with the "dead leaves" note in general, at first it does smell a bit perfumey, but then it settles down quickly into a realistic leaves scent, that sort of fades into the background and smells like cool fall air. It's not a complicated scent, but it is very pretty if you like the leaves note. I might get a bottle of this. <3

I also get a cologney aspect from the perfume oil but this is exactly how I wanted October to smell with the crisp dead leaves standing out almost as a single note. I have a decant and will be buying a bottle of this.

The October atmosphere smells like the October oil, which makes it a nearly-perfect crisp fall air blend. You get the leaves, the chill air, and just enough sap.

It's been a dreary past couple of days with rain and cold here, which makes loving the late fall really hard. This brings some of that love back.