Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookie

With cinnamon, nutmeg, browned butter, and cream cheese icing.

In The Bottle: yummy! Pumpkin spice and cookie! Nomnomnom
Wet On Skin: I'm getting a "frosting" thing here, though I can't say for sure I believe it to be cream cheese. It's a little more like a sugar icing. But it works quite well.

Dry Down: it reminds me of iced ginger snap cookies!

In All: a cute, spicy foodie scent that can worn well into winter, this cheerful perfume is perfect for pumpkin picking right through to holiday morning gift giving. Adorable and yummy!

In the bottle: This cookie is heavier on the spice than the pumpkin. It's not as heavy as gingerbread, but it's similar to that kind of cookie as opposed to a spiced pumpkin sugar cookie. The cream cheese frosting note smells amazing. I also can smell a bit of the browned butter. I hope the spices in this don't burn my skin!

Wet: I'm getting a lot more of the cream cheese icing note on my skin. The spices in this are quite prominent, but they aren't burning my hand. The area on my upper arm where I applied this turned red (but I didn't feel like it burned), so I guess this will have to be a wrist-only scent. After a little bit, the browned butter note emerges a more.

Dry: This is a soft, frosted pumpkin spice cookie, with just the right amount of browned butter and icing.

Verdict: DELICIOUS. I will be keeping my bottle, but this scent will have to go in a scent locket or only be worn on my wrists because of the cinnamon in it.

I fell in LOVE with this... for about 45 minutes!!

In bottle: YUMMY yummy spiced pumpkin!!

On skin: This is amazing... it is a perfect pumpkin spice cookie! In fact, it is almost like gingerbread to my nose, but it has a great throw!!

Dry Down: ok... so, this stayed the same for about 45 minutes and then disaster!! This is a heart breaker for me, like another pumpkin scent I got, it ended up turning more of a vegetable like pumpkin!! Don't know if there was some new ingredient in this year's pumpkins, but they aren't working on me when they usually ALL work great on me. So so sad!!!

Aww, just sniffing this wet in the bottle is making me feel so sentimental. A very dear friend of mine, a man who is like a Father figure to me, makes the most amazing sugar cookies and this blend smells just like them. Oh my word.

On my wrist, I start to get the spice a lot more and it's really delicious. Totally getting the cream cheese frosting too. I effing love Beth's foodie scents and this one is a real winner. It smells *exactly* like pumpkin spice cookies with frosting. So perfect. Hells yeah.

Ohhh, this is GOOD! This is SO GOOD! I'm gonna need a backup bottle before the Weenies come down!

It is exactly what it says on the tin - there's the silky soft buttery melt in the mouth frosting, a heavy dollop of spice, and a real freshly baked cookie depth to it, all of which holds its own against the pumpkin, which is so exciting for me - my skin amps pumpkin so much that Pumpkin Patch blends generally end up smelling identical on me, but with this it stays gorgeously, deliciously balanced. The spice is a little like Shub Niggurath, but much gentler and sweeter - Shub tends to get on my nerves after a while, but this I can wear all day :) The frosting sweetness reminds me a liiiittle bit of beaver moon, but it's more true to life and less sickly sweet - the whole thing genuinely does just smell like an opened oven of fresh baked cookies - so.damn.good! :wub2:

I just don't have enough good things to say about this blend, seriously! It is absolutely my pumpkin-foodie-weenie holy grail, it's so festive and seasonal and comforting and delicious, and on my first day of wearing it I had my dentist going into total ecstasies about how good I smelled :D The throw is good, and it lasts all day on me - there's absolutely nothing I can fault, and yeah - gonna need MOAR of this!! :wub3: :wub3: :wub3:

ZOMG this is amazing. Probably full-bottle worthy for me.

Super rich and decadent, heavy on the brown butter. But there's a nice sharp spiciness from the cinnamon and nutmeg as well. Not really any pumpkin, which I am A-OK with since I'm not really a fan.

I kind of want to eat my arm right now.

Wet, I get a lot of the frosting note. And a pretty big dose of spices that remind me more of gingerbread than any pumpkin cookie I've ever smelled.

Drydown: The spice settles, and a more distinctly "cookie" smell comes out, but I don't get much pumpkin, if any. It's more like a frosted molasses cookie. Warm and spicy and definitely foodie.

This smells like a Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle on me. I get no frosting. Only sugar cookie with pumpkin spice on it. I want to eat this. This is a bad idea to keep this as it makes me want cookies. :P

I get a load of spice, pumpkin and a hint of vanilla cookie. This is definitely rich, autumnal and foodie. As it dries down, it gets a little 'potpourri/craft store candle on me', which I think its simply the sheer amount of spice being overwhelming to my nose.

So yes, spice cookies.

Amazing cookies! The frosting does come out a bit after the drydown, but it's not as tangy as you'd expect. This is pretty much the perfect pumpkiny, sweet, without going artificial or craft-store-ish.

In the decant: Yum, foody heaven! This reminds me of a Bath and Body Works candle (that's not a bad thing, I think they do foody scents really well and have quite a few of them). It smells like some yummy fall-spiced cookies are baking in the oven.

On my skin: this reminds me somewhat of some of the gingerbread scents -- there's the warm cookie scent and similar spices. There is a pumpkin note here though, but it's thankfully not smelling like curry on me which certain pumpkin notes can do. I'll need to test them side by side, but the overall impression here is reminding me of Pumpkin V from 2012 in the foody pumpkin category -- but that one ended up smelling more "maple syrup"-like on me. This is more cookie-like. Now I am remembering that I haven't had a Starbucks pumpkin scone yet this year...

I will definitely be enjoying my decant, and may need a bottle. :yum:

Initial smell is -very- buttery -- I'm used to this from pumpkin scents and then of course there is supposed to be browned butter. Not long after being applied, I can smell the nutmeg. It stays nicely warm and spicy, sort of like a molasses cookie as others have noted. After a moment the cinnamon starts to blend with the nutmeg, which makes it smell really amazing! Then the cinnamon comes to the fore, so there is more of a hot sweetness to it. The cream cheese frosting is subtle but -there-...I dunno how it does it, but within a few minutes this really has morphed into the scent of a frosted cookie. It does tend to be faint, alas -- my skin seems to be eating it. A shame because this is a very nice scent.

I find Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookie to be softer and sweeter than the Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcake blend. It smells like gingerbread cookies and cinnamon buns decorated with a frosting made of cream cheese, powdered sugar and a little bit of lemon and vanilla extract. The frosting part is strong and smells absolutely delicious. I really like this blend.

In the bottle/wet - delicious buttery baked-goods with a hint of spice. I'm mainly getting cream cheese and brown butter rather than pumpkin, like baking snickerdoodles.

As it dries, the pumpkin and spices come out more, as do the red patches wherever the oil touched my skin (such is life with sensitive skin, alas). Once I've had it on a few minutes, it's all spice, but still with a delicious foody/baked goods element to it. And the skin reaction is not as bad as I've had with some scents - almost worth it for how good it smells.

And it lasts well, too. All day long, I get periodic whiffs of spicy pumpkin-cookie goodness. I may make this one of my "dab on clothing/put in scent lockets" oils, since it smells amazing both wet and dry-on-my-skin.

I'm fairly new at reviewing, so please bear with me.

This perfume smells HEAVENLY. It's like a perfect cookie. The frosted sugar note is sweet without being too (to me) cloying, and the pumpkin is deliciously foodie. I can smell the spice in the bottle, but when I apply it, the spice seems to wander away. Which is SUPER weird as I used to amp spice, but this isn't the only perfume this holiday season(s) that this happened with. So either my skin chemistry changed or Beth is using a different "spice" oil that I eat instead of amp now. The cookie is still pumpkiny and sweet, but that's it.

I loved it enough for a bottle, and for now I wear it with Pumpkin Spice Everything. It's not a perfect answer for the wandering spice, but it'll do for now. Maybe as the bottle ages the spice will wander back? :ninja:

I was going through my bottles today and was debating selling this because I never reach for it but when I dabbed a little on my wrist I don’t know why I wasn’t!! Maybe aging has helped but this is a delicious frosted pumpkin cookie! There’s not a lot of cinnamon and it makes my mouth water!! The throw and staying power were excellent too!! I will not be selling this! It’s amazing! Whoever has this chilling in your collection get it out and retest! Love it!

I'm not much for baked good scents, but this is darn delectable.  With "pumpkin spice" in the title, I was expecting the spices to knock my socks off, but they behave themselves.  Pumpkin spice is definitely present, but it's not amping through the roof like it usually does on me.  I suspect there's enough nutmeg to restrain the cinnamon.  I smell brown sugar and yes -butter, a note I actually do get along with.   Cream cheese isn't a note I've ever been interested in, but perhaps I was wrong. :yum: There is also a powdery sugar note that really does smell uncannily like the white sugar frosting drizzled on baked goods.  It's pretty amazing.  I would eat me. 

After it dries down, the spices do calm down, but they are still present, like a sugar-spice dusting over the the top.  The rich butteriness stays around and something almost comes off as juicy, baked raisins to me.  It must be some trick the cream cheese is playing on my nose.  Happy to fall for it.

I was frottled this.  Otherwise, it would have never been on my radar.  Ok labrats.  Ya got me.  I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on all those baked goodies you come out with.  :smilenod:

Edited by VetchVesper

More spice than pumpkin, which I like! Smells like a spice cookie with white icing. Sweet, cinnamony.  It’s so real -- you can practically taste the cookie.  Really cheerful and cozy!

This is delicious. Some cookie scents can smell too warm, which makes it somewhat cloying but this cookie scent smells very crisp and almost fresh, kind of like a shortbread cookie instead of a gooey cookie. The spice notes are very reminiscent of the scent of baked spices so they're super smooth and not sharp at all. I tend to dislike any spice notes at all but this smells so warm and smooth. The cream cheese icing adds just a really lovely creamy element to the scent, it's not funky or sour. This is just a super delicious spiced cookie!

Edited by stwbrymlk