Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Little Lady Macbeth

Little Lady Macbeth

“Lady Macbeth should have Macbeth and the king just play rock paper scissors to see who gets to be king. And then whoever wins has to play against her and if she wins, she gets to be king.”

– Lilith coming up with solutions as we begin reading the Scottish Play.

A Lilith’ized take on our Lady Macbeth scent, wherein ambition, covetousness, and manipulation are transformed into fairmindedness, equity, and a willingness to sometimes leave things to chance: sugared red currant and honey cake.

In The Bottle: those of us that have a special spot for the sugary currants in Crumpet Rebellion, you will be VERY happy with this.
Wet On Skin: Yes, this is a close scent sister to Crumpet Rebellion for sure. But it's got a subtlety that CR doesn't quite have. The "honey" part of the cake I think is making this more like a lovely scone, less a full Rebellion

Dry Down: The honey is coming out more now, but the currant is making it sophisticated, like a sexy honey dust. And who wouldn't like sexy honey dust?

In All: for those who love, or missed out on Crumpet Rebellion, his wont disappoint. A flaky, lightly sweet scone scent. Perfect for wearing to weekend brunch or having tea in the afternoon ☺️

This is a lovely, long lasting foodie scent! I get all of the notes listed here, with honey as the star of the show! I think I amp honey though, so it may not be the same with other skin chemistries. Even though it's in the same scent family as Eat Me and Crumpet Rebellion, it stands out on its own, and I'm glad to add a bottle to my collection!

Edited by ScaryDoll

I think that it's undeniable that Little Lady Macbeth is in the same scent family as Eat Me, but she's very different too.

In the bottle, it smells sugary and I get all the honey cake. It's got a very nice bready note that reminds me of scones at high tea. The red currant isn't talking too loudly until we get to the drydown and then it's there, making polite conversation. Overall, I'd say this is all cake, scones and honey. It's not too sweet at all, more like a general bakery scent with a fruity undertone. I do like this a great deal, I have to say. It isn't what I expected but that doesn't mean I'm disappointed. No. I actually think this is way more sophisticated than I imagined it to be and possibly much more wearable too. I imagine that when this has aged, we're going to get a louder contribution from the red currant and that will enrich this blend and make it even more delicious.

Very, very nice.

I was a little worried that this might be to much like Eat Me. I love Eat Me...but I already have it.

I was not disappointed, where there are obvious similarities, they are different as well, different enough that they both can have a place in my collection.

The Little Lady is richer to me. It's all honey cake, with just a hint of fruitiness. It's sweet, but not overpowering. It's not as "in your face" as Eat Me is, to me. I really like it and can see wearing it a lot in the winter.

I have a feeling that this is one of those little beasts that needs to age before it shines. Imagine a super rich version of Eat Me, with more currant and less cakey fluff. I do so like my foody scents, but at the moment LLM is a bit too much of ALL THE NOTES. I think that it's the honey that pushes this into the realm of extravagance. I love honey, but this is probably a bit too golden - especially when paired with the richness of the currants. This reminds me a little of Gluttony or Hellcat in terms of syrupy, toothsome scents. I expect that this will settle as warmer and smoother as it ages rather than as it is fresh.

This one is interesting.

I'm definitely getting more red currants than any cake note, and the cake note smells more like cream. I see above reviews comparing this to Eat Me, but actually White Rabbit comes to mind, imagine just adding a pinch of red currant and it smells really similar. Not quite sure how I feel about it yet since I think I was expecting something fruitier, but it is still a very pretty scent.

Honey + cake + currant. There's something about the scent that reminds me of Lady Una, maybe the honey cake vs. honey musk? It doesn't remind me of Eat Me, which is good because that scent is super fail on my skin so whatever note made that one go off isn't present here. In general, though, this scent is much more about the honey and sweetness and much less about the cake.

I like it, but I have a lot of cake scents and there's nothing special about this one that grabs me, and it's definitely not very fruity. I expected it to remind me more of Tomoe Gozen, but that one was CURRANT + honey while this one is the other way 'round.

I am not really a fan of Eat Me but I took a chance on Little Lady Macbeth and I'm so glad I did! Even though they have nothing (and I mean NOTHING) in common note-wise, this reminds me quite a lot of Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal. Maybe the honey cake is reading as a sweet cream, and the currants are reading as that deliciously sweet pink-red note I love so much. It's also worth noting that this is clearly "honey cake," and NOT "honey and cake." I tend to amp honey, but I don't in this blend. It's just a nice sweet blend with a twang of saltiness to it close to the skin. I like it.

eta after two hours' wear: Yep, there is definitely some kind of cream note in there, because this has turned into nothing but salty boiled peanuts on my skin. Bummer.

Edited by Leopard403

Sugared red currant and cake. I get a bit more of the honey on the drydown. This is a juicy red with a yellow cake base. Foodie, sticks close to the skin. Subtly sexy.

Wet, this does smell like a slightly fruitier Eat Me, basically spicy vanilla cake and currants. Dry, still foody, but more juvenile vibe, which is fitting I guess.. I'm getting a slight cologne vibe along with the honey cake, (yes the cake has changed to a honey drenched one). Theres a distinctive fake, creamed strawberry frosting note instead of currant. This one is much too sweet, but I bet a young girl would like this one just fine.

Little Lady Macbeth is a happy surprise—this is really half and half, sugared red currant and honey cake, and somehow the true split is not too sweet or cakey (thank you, tart currants, for cutting the cake!). It does feel 'related' to Eat Me, but LLM is less sweet, less heady on me. It's not so juicy on my skin, more like a dense honey cake with currants rolled in sugar as a garnish. It's a cute take on BPAL's Lady Macbeth, which is all wine and red berries on me. I think I like cake and berries even better. :)

My word this is lovely. I knew I couldn't go wrong with a cake scent but hesitated as I was afraid it would be too similar to Eat Me. It's not at ALL.

In bottle: Sweet, kinda cakey, but not very complex. Not worried, I know this will change on the skin.

On skin wet: HOLY HONEY! A beautiful sweet honey cake scent - mostly honey. Kind of reminds me of the honey in Lush's B Never shower gel, but this is sweeter. I smell absolutely zero currants here.

On skin dry: Omg. The lovely sweet honey cake has stayed, but now the currants have come to play. The currants feel like they're on top of this dense, sweet honey cake. I absolutely LOVE this scent. It's my favourite of the Lilith/Weenie releases.

This stays pretty close to the skin, unlike Eat Me, which is pretty in your face. This is much quieter than Eat Me, and seriously an entirely different scent. But if you like the other cake scents, you'll probably like this one as long as you don't hate honey.

Edited by moosue

I don't think this is similar to Eat Me on me, like I have read it is for some people.

This is mostly sugared currant with a teensy bit of honey, but not cake-like at all.

It is rather pleasant, but not something I will be needing a bottle of :smile:

Very nice, an honeyed fruity scent with a strong sense of salinity in the drydown...I like it but I still don't Lnow if it's worth a full bottle

In the decant: Currants and thick cake drizzled with honey.

Wet: Okay, I can definitely tell that the currants are sugared now. This is cake is thick (not airy), like a pound cake, and it is nothing like the cake in Eat Me, though the currant note still makes me think of that scent. I'd say this is different enough from Eat Me for those that are interested in having another cake scent.

Dry: Honey pound cake and currants, with more cake than currants now.

Verdict: I'm glad that I was able to try this. It's nice, but I don't need more of it.

In the decant: Honey is the main note I'm smelling here, with a bit of tart fruitiness from the currant.

On my skin: Hmm, the scent in this oil is a bit on the lighter side, I had to use a larger test patch than usual. Still mostly honey. I'm not really getting the usual notes I associate with cake like cream and vanilla. It's making me think of baklava or another honey-heavy dessert. The currant is detectable but it's staying in the background for the moment - it's giving the scent a bit of spicy fruitiness.

I do get a little more currant as it dries. However, the overall scent is still pretty light on my skin.

I do like this blend, but it's not really enough of a "stand-out" on me to be worthy of a full bottle.

I don't get any cake from this blend. I get lots of sharp, bright, slightly sour red currant and a drizzle of honey that turns a little powdery in the drydown. It's very fruity.

Oh hell yes. Where has this been all my perfume-sniffing career?

I adore BPAL's red currant note but most other blends it's in don't work for me. Eat Me is too cloyingly sweet, Anteros was too perfumey, Cheshire Cat is nice but I didn't want it paired with citrus. Regular Lady Macbeth was bad since the berries smelled too synthetic to my nose. Up until now Fairy Wine was my go-to for red currant, and it's still one of my favorites, but sometimes you're in the mood for booziness and sometimes you want something cuddlier.

Enter Little Lady Macbeth. The description is spot-on and thankfully the notes deliver in their truest form. It's all sweet, decadent red currant jam on top of a honey cake. You might think it would be overwhelming, but no! This is a gourmand blend at its best. As LiberAmoris noted, while the currants are sweet they also have a tartness that prevents this from becoming overwhelming. It does go on strong, but the yellow cake note quickly eases off to provide a delicious backing of sweetness without smothering everything else.

Same goes for the currant. For the first 5 minutes or so you may think you overindulged, but eventually LLM turns into a light currant jam mixed with crumbly cake. It's very realistic on me and difficult not to eat my arm, but I'm so happy to have a foody red currant blend that really lets the note shine.

Sweet and delicious light white cake mixed with the perfect amount of red currant topping. It's delicious! And a total win for me. I don't get much honey...it may just be added to the red currant to make it rich and holding back the tartness. The cake note in this is sooooo good! Glad I finally tracked a bottle of this one down. I like it WAY better than Eat Me and it has better staying power and throw too! It lasted all day! LOVE!! :wub2:

This scent is just INCREDIBLE from start to finish. It smells exactly as described, currants and cake, but literally it's the best currants and cake you will ever smell. It's very similar to Eat Me, but better, I'd say. Like the next evolutionary level of Eat Me. Softer and more sophisticated. I love it so much!

Mmmm, but this smells delicious. Its the densest honey cake you ever have smelled, studded with sweet currents. The scent is never heavy, but it has a presence that is a solid as a scone, and every bit as tasty.

Just perfect for an autumn day or a cold weather night.

I don't like Eat Me, but took a chance. This lovely in the decant

Gorgeous, tart currant sweetened by the honey.

Sadly, the honey goes to powder so I'll keep my decant for my locket.

So, Eat Me does not work on me as I recently discovered.

This dries down quite different. For me it is very honey heavy, kind of polliny. With a backdrop of cake and currants. I actually quite like it and I was expecting not to. I think this will be excellent as we go into the fall.