Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
livingdead71

Battle Fairy in Training

Battle Fairy in Training

Lilith loves her kung fu classes. She loves her sifu, she loves the exercises, she loves practicing her forms. (She’s alright with the meditation aspect, but let’s be real: she’s a kid, and would rather be doing somersaults.) This year, she attained her blue belt, and this scent was created to commemorate her achievement. Baby, I am so proud of you. You worked so hard, and it paid off. I am always, always proud of you.

This Battle Fairy smells like blue cotton candy, strawberries, a plop of vanilla icing and a bit of crushed peppermint candy.

To me, this is all sweet, delicious strawberries! When it goes on wet, I get initial hints of mint and cotton candy, but that only lasts a few seconds. After that, it's just sweet sugary strawberry all day long! It reminds me quite a bit of the strawberry jelly note in Strawberry Sufganiyot. If you're a fan of that one, you should give this a try! I'm glad I have a bottle!

This has got to be one of the best candy blends BPAL have ever made.

No, seriously. I love me some candy blends (Jailbait, Marshmallow Poof, Velvet Unicorn and Blue Lollipops are among my very favourites) and this is a new insta-fave. I was a little bit scared of the mint when making my order but happily I only get the tiniest of all tiny hints when this is wet on my wrist and then it's gone by the drydown. Do not fear the crushed peppermint candy. It will not bite you! It's easily dismissed, in favour of the HELLOSTRAWBERRYCANDY pow. If you like candy scents, then you need to check this out. It's everything I hoped for.

Mainly, this is a knockout punch of strawberry, sugary cotton candy and hyper vanilla. This stuff is so sweet it could cause cavities, but in this case that is no bad thing! This is the scent of sweet shops. Of childhood memories. Of My Little Pony - but without the plastic. There is no cloying element here, no 'oh no, a bit fake' letdown. It's all tasty, sugar-rush goodness. The scent is bright pink and it commands attention, but in a playful manner that will make you smile. It's well-rounded too, with a slightly juicy undertone to make the mouth water.

Absolutely bloody gorgeous. 10/10.

I'm another person who loves candy and sweet blends, and so far I LOVE this one! It has the same strawberry note in BPTP's Kitty, round and soft, combined with vanilla and sugar into delicious candy.

It's definitely a sugar rush scent, but I don't find it quite as overwhelming or cloying as some other candy scents I've tried. It's juicy and soft and wearable.

Another fan of candy blends, and this one is up there among my favorites! Yes, strawberries, but also a "blue" tint to it. Soft and sweet and oh-so-bottle-worthy.

Strawberry sugar candy and a touch of blueberry and peppermint. It really is like a mashup of sugary strawberry candy and cotton candy.

Sugar, candy, strawberry.

Sugared strawberry at first, very sweet with a touch of sour, like blue raspberry sour chewy candies. This is tooth ache sweet, too much sugar, too much strawberries, it reminds me of the equivalent of a hyper-active child, who would go crazy if they ate some of this.:). Settles into fruity, waxy chapstick, which equals fail.

Sweet, sweet strawberry, with a touch of mint. I love sweet candy blends, and this strawberry doesn't have that plastic death note that so many have. I may have to get a big bottle..

Origin: Decant from a circle

Initial Thoughts: Strawberries, vanilla and peppermint are all good. I wasn't quite sure about the cotton candy, but I figured it was worth at least trying a decant.

In the Vial: Holy cow! In-your-face strawberries & cream candy! Sweet enough to cause a cavity with one whiff!

Wet: The mint shoots out and possibly the cotton candy, but they turn a creamy strawberry candy into a dessert of fresh strawberries in a sugar glaze with fresh mint sprigs. The 180 is very interesting.

Drydown: It's candy-ing up again but not so intensely sweet this time. But something is hovering around the edges of going plasticky and artificial.

Verdict: The decant may see some service in a scent locket because it's just that joyful, but I'm not sure I'll wear it on my skin with that looming threat of artificial.

So far I'm loving this. It's blueberry cotton candy all the time. Maybe after some aging the other notes will peek out, but not so far for me. Still, I love cotton candy, so I'm loving it.

Decant: Strawberry shortcake!

On my skin: Sweet strawberry, the same sort of syrupy strawberry note as in Love. I'm starting to get some mint... it's not as much as would typically be in a Yule, though.

Overall, this is sweet strawberry-vanilla with a little mint. Seasonally, I would associate it with summer. The hint of coolness from the mint is making me think of some yummy strawberry vanilla ice cream!

Overall verdict is this is bottle-worthy for a sweet foodie fan.

This is so much fun! :D For me it begins almost identical to Strawberry Sufganiyot, that thick, red, sugary jelly note, but as it dries the complexity comes out - I can almost taste those soft, bright red marshmallowy-chewy strawberry sweets with the fizzy sugar on the outside, the best sort of candied strawberry note, and the mint just adds a hint of wintery, frosty sparkle to it. Further on into the drydown it becomes softer and more cotton candy-ish, and the vanilla icing almost lends a hint of milky cocoa. It is fabulous, such a happy, comforting, joyful childhood scent, perfectly balanced between manic sugar rush, and comforting bedtimey vanilla cocoa :wub2:

I current have a half bottle, and am undergoing intense internal debate over whether I need to grab a full one too! :eek:

I bought a bottle of this, just because I so desperately adored it in all aspects--the picture, the story, the name, everything. I wasn't necessarily sure on the whole about the scent, but sugar, vanilla, and mint are all usually good for me, so I figured I might as well give it a whirl. I'm not quite sure if it's one of my better picks, but it's definitely a cute scent that I might wear every now and then. I'm totally not ashamed for blind-buying it, even if it isn't exactly my thing.

Mostly, I get a whomping great lot of strawberry candy in the foreground, and a lot of candy-floss sweet behind that. The peppermint candy is almost nonexistent, and the vanilla icing is buried somewhere in all the rest of the sugary maelstrom; it's a bit potent in the OMG SWEET category. It's right on the edge of cloying, and it definitely throws a fair bit. I've been wearing it since I opened the package today--about two-ish--and it's still going strong enough that I can smell it even without directly huffing my wrist. And I only applied a tiny dab! It's started to go into a kind of strawberry-filled cake with vanilla frosting scent on my skin, and I'm once again in awe of the Lab's ability to make so many different vanilla notes; this one genuinely smells like the sort of canned vanilla frosting I'd expect to find slathered on some strawberry-stuffed white cake, and it just makes this scent smell further edible.

So, it's a bit strong and definitely diabetic coma-levels of sweet, and I'm not sure strawberry notes are really great on me, but I'm not complaining. It's good for those silly, fluffy days when I want to feel like a kid again, wearing ridiculously candy-scented perfumes and lip gloss.

A few days ago I did a quick sniff test and my inner child was like yay! This is very much a sugar child scent. I love it so much.

From the bottle I get very sugary sour strawberry. First on the wrist it stays much the same very sweet and so much sugar my teeth are buzzing. I made myself a little roller ball decant of it and wore it to a party for new years. I can't smell much of anything with my wrist more than 6 inches away from my face. Same with what amount I put on my collar bone. The little 1ml roller ball fits nicely in my cleavage so reapplication was not hard, but I did have to many time through the night and no one really ever smelled me beside me. I love this oil, it is very much a childhood memory happy scent, but does not last long on me and has virtually no throw. Will revisit this in a few months after aging and see how it ages :)

Update: I was wrong about lasting power, still have to bury my nose in wrist, but I still get strong sugar goodness the next day!

Edited by russetfox

Smells like those strawberry hard candies that come wrapped in the strawberry wrappers -- in other words, smells like my childhood, because I ate a LOT of those candies. Very sweet, very fruity scent. Light and playful.

A strawberry slushie, all syrupy and sweet, with a strong scent of strawberry scented doll heads, which is a powdery, vanillic, strawberry sweet scent.  Dusted in powdered sugar.  It's intensely sugary, very pink, and a bit too much for me.

Edited by Little Bird

Well, when I got this I don't know if I was just not in the mood or what, but I didn't really wear it. Suddenly I am completely obsessed with it. It is super sweet but somehow not over the top cloying. The strawberry note is just gorgeous and I don't even care that I have to reapply it because I am so in love. Oh hello, this will be going in the scent locket, duh...the cure for poofy amazing perfumes...

Strawberry candyfloss over vanilla frosting with maybe something blue but not sure what it is. I don't get much peppermint but I'm sure it's there giving this sweet sweet scent some balance. It's so yummy! As it dries down the strawberry weakens and the cotton candy comes forward more. Yummy cloud of sweetness around me. Doesn't make me want to battle but does inspire me to buy more foodie BPALs. ;)

Didn't figure out the peppermint note until I read it, now it totally makes sense. Kidishly sweet, bubblegum-y.

A lovely, slightly less plasticky strawberry note comes out after about ten minutes on my skin. Really cute!

Battle Fairy In Training

In the Bottle: Sugar rich, sweet, cottony candy. slightly minty

Wet: I smell artificial, but sugary sweet, and slightly tart strawberry candy in this. Not fresh like Strawberry Moon v5 or 2009, and not quite jammy like Strawberry Sufganiyot…and certainly not powdered and milky like the strawberry in like White Chocolate and Strawberry. I also get a bit of the blue lollipop blueberry which may be where the ‘blue’ in the blue cotton candy is coming from. It seems to have added a slight dimension to an otherwise straightforward fruited candy blend.

Drydown: The crushed candycane-like mint element burns off quickly by the drydown phase, thankfully and the sweet and tart strawberry note fuse effortlessly with the cotton candy. Although this is certainly a candy blend when wet, it smells almost ridiculously realistic, rich and cotton candy-like, in the drydown ! I remember beginning my hunt for a strawberry and cotton candy blend all the way back when I started this hobby (safe to say I've tried them all, lmao), and though the wet stage is not my absolute favourite, the drydown is easily my holy grail strawberry cotton candy blend, It hits all the right notes for me, it’s vanillic, rich, sweet, cotton candy-like and very realistic…down to the slightly feathered, almost burnt sugary exterior from the second it comes off the machine and onto your tongue. No mint anything in the drydown. Effing love this!

TL;DR: Duo coloured blueberry and strawberry cotton candy with a faint trace of light mint candycane dust.

Edited by celestia

I tend to avoid strawberry. As much as I love eating them, I don't tend to enjoy berry-dominant scents, and some strawberry notes just turn to plastic on me. But the rest of the scent sounded really good to me (after Thrills and Junk Food, I realize I may appreciate the Lab's blue cotton candy more than the pink kind), and a friend was kind enough to send me some to try. :heart: 

This is a strawberry dominant scent, but the strawberry in this is much nicer and more realistic than the one in Sticky Pillowcase, and the candy notes that back it up don't make this nearly as sweet as that scent. I get strawberry backed by a bit of vanilla icing, cotton candy, and just a hint of the peppermint candy. The mint is more noticeable after several hours, but the scent is so light by then that you have to get really close to smell it. It has low throw on me throughout wear and not a ton of longevity (although that could be different if slathered -- but the first time I applied it, it was gone after four hours).

Of the strawberry and candy scents I've tried from the Lab, this is one of the best! It's not something I need more of (thank goodness!), but I'm glad I got to try it. :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco

This doesn't read cotton candy to me, more like minty strawberry icing. The mint started off fairly faint, but it got pretty strong as it dried; not enough to take over any notes but it came close. A little disappointed in the lack of cotton candy, but this is still really nice. I wish the mint was a little less strong so I could get more of the strawberry though. Might upgrade this, can't go wrong with frosting scents! :)