Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Forest Day Mosquito (Mariposa 2012 prototype)

My guess, based on the "Mariposa 2012" writing on the label that this was a prototype for a Metamorphosis scent for 2012. The name "Forest Day Mosquito" would be in line.

I then did some internet research and found that "Forest Day Mosquito" is a common name for "Aedes Albopictus", which was released. Therefore, this is the "Ae. Albopictus" prototype.

The released version's notes are: Saffron, pimento, cardamom, beeswax, cajeput, tomato leaf, geranium, and pink pepper honey.

The prototype has WAY more green in it, especially on wet. It smells like greens, tomato leaf, and a touch of celery. As it dries, I get a touch of the pimento and saffron, and perhaps pink pepper. No honey, no geranium. The overall impression was of a cool forest or cool garden morning. You know, when you go out right as you wake up with a cup of coffee, smell the greenery, and once you come back you realize you're covered in half a dozen bug bites. Sonofabitch.

I amped up the honey in the released version, and I have to say that this one is more of a greens/tomato leaf type. In some ways, it gave me the impression of Season of Inundation, minus the dirt/silt part.