Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hammy

Renoir's Still Life with Peaches Hair Gloss

Peach and orange blossom with amber, apricot, red pepper, cistus, lime, white musk, and vanilla.

Renoir was a surprise disappointment for me, since I like most of its components individually -- with the exclusion of red pepper, which is (naturally) the only thing I can smell. I find myself actually wrinkling up my nose in distaste. It's very very heavy out of the bottle, though it fades somewhat after things dry down a bit. Unfortunately it doesn't die down enough, and I just can't get a handle on the rest of the blend through the red pepper fog. To be fair, I'm getting over a cold ... but there is still no situation where this would be a winner for me or on me. As an avowed pepper hater, I should have known better. My bad.

Edit: Re-sniffed without the hindrance of a stuffy nose. There's more peach this time around (which improves it significantly), but ultimately I'm still not the biggest fan of Renoir.

Edited by hammy

Floral & Apricot, light and fruity with an undercurrent of sharp lime. I don't get a ton of red pepper as Hammy did ::shrug:: but i also did not get a ton of musk or vanilla. Fery fresh summery.

Does not smell at all what I expected. My fairy said it was very fruity and peachy with a strong you will love it. My fairy is usually spot on and I love her so much. I appreciate her picking up my goodies so much <3

I get something green like stems from this. I bit grasslike or dandelion scented... sweet like sugar or sweet tarts a hint of vanilla and peaches then poof! Gone. I have not had my hair eat up a scent before. I mean I have 27 bottles of HG and this is the first I cannot smell within 15 mins. I reapplied and got the same green sugar sweet tart maybe peachy vanilla poof! results.

I sprayed a LOT on, waited 15 mins and ran my hair under my nose from --there are 2 feet of hair length here to run my nose along and I do not get a trace of anything from where I can start rubbing my nose on it to tips. Nothing, Nada, Zip, and Zilch. I am so disappointed. If I really struggle and use my imagination I get a bit of Venus Verticordia from it... sweet dandelion musk at the very tippy tippy ends.

It smells great in the bottle tho so I will spray it on my entire freaking body tomorrow after my shower and use it as a moisturizer.

Hi hi! New reviewer here! I tend to avoid doing them since I don't feel I'm good at picking out notes, but there are so few for the DragonCon ones that I feel I should try!

I don't have a ton of experience with HGs. I've tried the honey one and it was kinda okay but not one I'd buy. I've tried the coconut/vanilla one and didn't like it. I loved Eat Me though, which is what prompted me to snag this one because I've used almost my whole bottle! And I'm super glad I did!

I only sprayed it a couple times last night and reapplied with a couple more squirts this morning. I get mostly peachiness, but it's... Warm? Like, if you were to bake peach cobbler or something, it has this warm, melty, very juciy spiciness. Maybe like peach incense. But anything that reminds me of walking into a metsphyscical/"witchy" shop, I tend to describe as incense-y. So like, if you walked in a witchy shop and they were baking a peach dessert upstairs. This might be the amber? It's usually hit or miss on me, but when it works, it gives me that warm, spicy feeling too. The pepper might be adding to that as well? Though I don't specifically smell anything peppery. If that makes sense, haha!

But it's also light. I get a whiff of it here and there, but I have a feeling that if someone sat next to me, they probably wouldn't be able to smell it unless the wind blew in the right direction. As I said, I sprayed my hair twice last night after I got the package and I could smell it just faintly this morning, if I stuck the right section of hair under my nose.

I don't get any lime at all, and I had to look up cistus because I had no clue what it was. After reading about it, this might account for some of the incense-y scent I'm getting (it says some species are coated with a resin-y substance, labdanum?).

I can see this as being amazing in summer and very uplifting in winter when you're missing the warmer days. I'm definitely keeping my bottle, and if there ever comes a time when I have extra income, I'll probably seek out a second!

Edited by Asphydel

This smells mainly of apricot, touch of vanilla, red pepper and amber. It's more of a dry, sophisticated fruity blend. I get only a touch of juicy peach on wet. On dry, it really just smells like apricots with the other elements.

I don't really get lime or cistus.

OMG, I'm in love. I had been wanting to try BPTP's HG for ages. However, none of the scents were catching my eye, but when this one was listed on etsy, I knew I had to try it, being a lover of all the peach dragoncon scents over the years. I mostly get peach and apricot, but there's something spicy under there that anchors the scent and makes it more complex than the fruity shampoo smell that peach and apricot alone would give. It's a truly gorgeous scent, and I say that as someone who is very picky about my fruits and florals. This scent reminds me of Fae, which is my absolute favorite summer perfume of all time.

I think this has a decent throw, not sure what people are talking about when they say they can't smell it at all. I keep tossing my hair like a moody teenager to catch a whiff of my gloriously scented hair. Mmmmmmmm. Do yourself a favor and track down a bottle of this. It's magnificent.

My Renoir's Still Life with Peaches hair gloss has settled down quite a bit from when I first received it. It's a really complex scent, one that I'd classify more as spicy-fruity-floral than peachy. The orange blossom and red pepper do a lot to make this interesting...the red pepper is a bit strong at first on me, but it sits back after a few minutes and the lingering heat is actually very nice with the other notes. I can see the comparison to Fae that whoahorsey makes above, for sure.

This is the peach hair gloss I reach for when I want something less foody and more layered. An hour after applying, it smells like I've shampooed with the fanciest shampoo ever. :)

I probably should have waited for it to settle, and maybe I'll come back and re-review in a week or two, but I got this from the Post's etsy storefront, it arrived today, and I promptly slathered my hair & the daughter's hair with it. (The only time that girl lets me comb her hair anymore is when I have something new & awesome to put in it.)

Okay, the Monoï fragrance does drown out the fruit a bit, so it does have that Essence of Tiaré, and you will smell it, but otherwise it smells like the American/Chinese dish of Sweet & Sour sauce (usually served on stirfried protein). Just if the sauce was made with kechup made out of peaches instead of ketchup made out of tomatoes. I hope that makes sense to anybody!

It does have a synthetic quality I can't quite place. Maybe deep fried rice noodles? It isn't quite plastic or cellophane, but reminds me of both.

(I like it!)

This is very sharp, strange and jumbled smelling to me. The apricot, peach and citrus come off very sour to my nose, with the red pepper adding a spicy, hot, sharp bite that I also don't enjoy. Light, sour, sharp fruit... like fruit that is hard, sour and not ripe yet.